Softball gets #7 seed

Perhaps the SEC tournament cost us a little bit. 

Auburn will play:  ETSU. FRIDAY 3:30 PM.

Also in Auburn's bracket Notre Dame and Cal. Fri:  1 PM

Auburn bracket matches up with the 10 seed OKLAHOMA.  They will host North Dakota State, Arkansas will play Tulsa there as well.

Top 8 seed is good and means if we keep winning we continue to host until we go to Oklahoma City.  That's huge. 

YEAH WE ARE TOP 8, but I think we got dropped pretty low considering we had a 3 RPI.  I was expecting 4 or 5 seed.  Don' like getting matched to Okie either.  But not sue about some of these seedings like Minnesota not hosting but Utah is.

I know we all have opinions on how they should seed and I know I don't know all they looked at, but it sure seems to me that they did some matchups to try and not get too many teams from one conference to Oklahoma (if seeds hold) and some of the matchups to make it interesting in the super regionals (AU-Okie, LSU-FSU etc..)

But hey, like Coach said, 10 more wins to go.

Bama will have a tough time with Minnesota.  I think we made out fairly well in our region, but hate playing OU in Supers.  At least we are home. 8 of the hosts are SEC teams, although 2 separate Supers could be all SEC which would eliminate 1 before OKC. We could have more of those if there upsets.  Also intriguing is the LSU region.  That UL team is very good and have gotten hot of late.  McNeese is no slouch either. I think UL takes it. 

Potentially playing Okie in the supers terrifies me. Any team with a elite pitcher does quite frankly. We could not hit paige parker last year with a much better lineup I am even less confident this year. Facing a elite ace will be the death of us if we lose. War Eagle!!! Heres to hoping the bats get hot!

Let's beat ETSU, then ND or Cal, then we can worry about Okie.  I don't have as much confidence in this team as I did last year's squad. But we're here in the tourney where anything can happen. These girls have post season experience and confidence. Let's go girls!  War Eagle!

Playing at home....that is a great advantage....and there are no easy brackets anyway far as I can tell. Considering the number of SEC teams it was not easy to disperse them...

15 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Bama will have a tough time with Minnesota.  I think we made out fairly well in our region, but hate playing OU in Supers.  At least we are home. 8 of the hosts are SEC teams, although 2 separate Supers could be all SEC which would eliminate 1 before OKC. We could have more of those if there upsets.  Also intriguing is the LSU region.  That UL team is very good and have gotten hot of late.  McNeese is no slouch either. I think UL takes it. 

Wow, Minnesota didn't get to host!  I hope they whoop the snot out of bama!

Looks like a lot of interesting regionals with some fun matchups to watch!

I'm only a little surprised Minnesota didn't at least get a regional site.  Unfortunately, in spite of their record, they didn't play and beat very many top teams.  Their resume matters and it cost them.   Hopefully it will motivate them to play lights out in turdville and take that regional.

That is kind of what I figured and considering they are in the Big10, not exactly softball powerhouses.  I just haven't taken the time to review their schedule.  Looks like they beat Maryland twice and Texas twice in Austin, ND twice and NC St twice in Raleigh, NC, LSU once @ LSU, LOST 2 to UW in Seattle, beat Oregon St in Corvalis, and curb stomped Cal @ Cal.  That was about the extent of Power conference games.  

So they whipped up on teams in our regional with a light strength of schedule.  Works for me. 

Archived