scouting report: Georgia Southern

aubiefifty

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

I really like these unis

I know I'm partial, but they are one of my favorites in college football. Fun fact: Those uni's haven't really changed since we restarted football in the 80's and we were so poor at the time that Erk Russell created the stripe on the helmets with athletic tape when the program first began. 

1 minute ago, truebluealum said:

I know I'm partial, but they are one of my favorites in college football. Fun fact: Those uni's haven't really changed since we restarted football in the 80's and we were so poor at the time that Erk Russell created the stripe on the helmets with athletic tape when the program first began. 

Clemson can say the same about theirs... they haven't changed much since Walter Merritt Riggs brought them a bunch of faded Auburn practice uniforms when he came from Auburn and started their football program. They are still purple to this day....

24 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

A red shirt freshman playing his first collegiate game on the road in Jordan Hare. Good luck :) 

The last time we had a redshirt freshman starting his first collegiate game on the road we beat Florida. :) 

Jerick McKinnon started the other games for us in 2013.

17 minutes ago, truebluealum said:

The last time we had a redshirt freshman starting his first collegiate game on the road we beat Florida. :) 

Not taking away your win... but that was probably the worst Florida team I've ever seen. Not even comparable. Their offense was ranked 112th. Historically we've done fine against sun belt teams. Arkansas State was a top sun belt team last season and we handled them fine

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Not taking away your win... but that was probably the worst Florida team I've ever seen. Not even comparable. Their offense was ranked 112th. Historically we've done fine against sun belt teams. Arkansas State was a top sun belt team last season and we handled them fine

I was just being funny. I don't expect us to beat you, don't worry.

For what it's worth, Arkansas State sucked really bad when you played them. They tripped their way into a conf championship. We should have beaten them as badly as you did (had a +5 turnover margin in that game) and our offense was so inept they still beat us.

And yeah I'll be the first to admit that was a crappy UF team.

@truebluealum I probably missed this, but are you coming for the game?

My coworker played for GSU and is a HUGE AU fan. He kept saying he didn't know which colors to wear, until he got invited to the GSU alum tailgate - wardrobe decided!  I sent him the link to this thread and told him to hop on since you appear to be the sole visitor. ?

7 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

My coworker played for GSU and is a HUGE AU fan. He kept saying he didn't know which colors to wear, until he got invited to the GSU alum tailgate - wardrobe decided!  I sent him the link to this thread and told him to hop on since you appear to be the sole visitor. ?

Easy. GSU alum shirt with Auburn hat. ;)

39 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

No I'm not coming. I'd love to but my wife is due soon with our first baby (boy) so I can't skip town.

PS - we have a board that is about as active as this one GSUFans.com if any of you are bored and want some entertainment.

2 hours ago, truebluealum said:

Actually you lost to Samford ? I was there. Kevin Ellison started that one. 

42 minutes ago, truebluealum said:

No I'm not coming. I'd love to but my wife is due soon with our first baby (boy) so I can't skip town.

PS - we have a board that is about as active as this one GSUFans.com if any of you are bored and want some entertainment.

Congrats! Hope that you get to watch and that it's a good game :-)

50 minutes ago, truebluealum said:

Congrats to you and your wife!  Prayers for you guys that all goes well!

1 hour ago, truebluealum said:

Understandable...congrats! 

I had our daughter a few years ago during football season. I went to the games up until about 37 weeks. This was in 2013 - it's a miracle she wasn't born in the stadium! ? 

13 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

A red shirt freshman playing his first collegiate game on the road in Jordan Hare. Good luck :) 

I remember thinking that once and thinking how great our year was going to be. I think that freshman's name was Matt Leinart ?....

1 hour ago, fredst said:

I remember thinking that once and thinking how great our year was going to be. I think that freshman's name was Matt Leinart ?....

Haha I certainly don't expect Werts to be Matt Leinart, but I also don't expect him to be intimidated by playing in Jordan Hare. 

17 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I seem to remember a true freshman from Utah State scaring the crap out of us in 2011.

Chuckie Keeton.

Have been to many a GSU game, and 2 National Championships. One of which Erk coached. 

Saw Greg Allman LipSync Statesboro Blues at halftime one year. We used to be able to see half the field from our patio at the apartment beside the old driving range.

I think it was called Sussex Apartments(?). There was a bar called Collegiate at the entrance. 

Spent two years there and two at AU.

FYI, I am going to be pulling for the O&B!! I love my Eagles, but not like my Tigers! 

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

That might of been the worst auburn defense in school history but you are correct lol 

Dee Ford was the only DL who got anywhere close to Keeton. Even Lemonier gave up that day.

Learned an interesting fact today. Auburn will be the first ranked opponent we have faced since joining the FBS. 

We have played a few teams that were ranked at one point in the season but none were ranked the week we played them. 

In the past this team would have caused some concern. It runs the triple option which is can be difficult just because it is different than most offenses. Also many of you have mentioned JSU, Utah State, etc...The difference is that this is the best AU team (on paper) we have fielded in quite some time. We should have a good defense, a good offense, and the best kicker in the country.  With a new OC and new QB we may start a little slow but if we are being honest we should win this game by 4 or 5 touchdowns (at least) unless there are significant injuries or turnovers. 

Archived