Anbody have any info on Pettway?

boomstick

Unless Pettway is truly 100%, he should not play unless we are only using him on the goal line or short yardage situations.  He is just a big, unathletic, slow, straight ahead fullback-type if he is not 100%.  If we get inside the 5 then yes, he can be effective at less than 100%.  

wde

I honestly have no clue what's going to happen this weekend. I think if we can get past Clanga without injuries, making it to Amen Corner with just one loss is extremely achievable.

How's Kerryon?

4 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

Unless Pettway is truly 100%, he should not play unless we are only using him on the goal line or short yardage situations.  He is just a big, unathletic, slow, straight ahead fullback-type if he is not 100%.  If we get inside the 5 then yes, he can be effective at less than 100%.  

wde

Would you be willing to say this to his face?

39 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I would expect him back this week.

Hopefully not in a 40 carry, no other RB sees the field capacity. ;)

But yeah I hope we can have  the old thunder and lightning. 

6 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

I would expect him back this week.

If you had to guess, how healthy is he, and could he ever be 100% this season?

Planter Fasciitis is just a nagging annoyance more than performance inhibiting injury. The only treatment is less use and rest, so it makes sense to me Gus rested him last week to be available for MSST. He will be in if KJ isn't gashing MSST.

24 minutes ago, WarPigSooie said:

Planter Fasciitis is just a nagging annoyance more than performance inhibiting injury. The only treatment is less use and rest, so it makes sense to me Gus rested him last week to be available for MSST. He will be in if KJ isn't gashing MSST.

no, there are other treatment options.     I have it from time to time.   A steroid injection, plus prednisone and cortisone tablets, along with exercises (rolling a piece of pipe,tennis ball, etc) will help tremendously.     it has to be kept stretched out

30 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

no, there are other treatment options.     I have it from time to time.   A steroid injection, plus prednisone and cortisone tablets, along with exercises (rolling a piece of pipe,tennis ball, etc) will help tremendously.     it has to be kept stretched out

Where they give that injection is by far the most painful shot I have ever had in my life. It feels like they are injecting Lava into the side of your foot. It does help though but it takes a few of weeks for it to fully go away in most cases. That said with the kind of attention I am sure he has been getting I would expect him back at full strength at some point this year. I would think at this point being off for a week he should be pretty good to go this week ( Not pain free but close enough to play and be effective).

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

So you are suggesting that a NCAA Scholarship athlete get steroids? Good to know though, I'm not a doctor haha

9 minutes ago, WarPigSooie said:

So you are suggesting that a NCAA Scholarship athlete get steroids? Good to know though, I'm not a doctor haha

I understand you are a Walmart U fan but you do realize there's a difference in PEDs and doctor authorized steroid treatment, right?

1 minute ago, selias said:

I understand you are a Walmart U fan but you do realize there's a difference in PEDs and doctor authorized steroid treatment, right?

Haha yes Selias! Walmart U... haha thats awesome totally stealing that!

5 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Translation: We're saving him for LA Monroe

This, never forget LA Monroe beat Alabama in Nick Saban's first year!

18 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

I hope we can have  the old thunder and lightning.

Yep!!!  I think this is one of the Major keys to our offense being successful!!!! 

(The other 2 being our running plays and our run blocking getting fixed)

12 hours ago, WarPigSooie said:

I have it...it hurts

13 hours ago, doverstutts said:

I have suffered from it and worked through in about 8-12 weeks?   Took a while.  I did it while trng for a hundred mile trail race, so it can be done.  Yes- stretching or relaxing it is needed, address the swelling daily, light muscle conditioning is required to accelerate treatment and sleeping with tendons/muscles stretched is a must.   They make funny, uncomfortable socks, but it works.  No way you sleep thru the night.   You have to be careful not to be too aggressive or you can tear soft tissue.. it does impact performance if you're an athlete.  

7 hours ago, War Knight said:

This, never forget LA Monroe beat Alabama in Nick Saban's first year!

Heck, UAB beat wee man on Homecoming @LSU !!!???

Archived