Anbody have any info on Pettway?

boomstick

Just now, FASTCOMPANY said:

His plans were to go pro after this season. With these setbacks, no way he does that now: right?

Purely speculation on my part, but I think he will still go and try to make it somehow. He considered leaving last year. I don't see him deciding to come back again.

13 minutes ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

His plans were to go pro after this season. With these setbacks, no way he does that now: right?

Still very early in the season. He could still finish with gaudy YPC stats and be in the conversation. Especially if he has big games against our remaining SEC opponents, all of whom will be much better showcases than Missouri. But if he's on the shelf for much of the remaining season due to injury, then yeah, I'm with ya. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Still very early in the season. He could still finish with gaudy YPC stats and be in the conversation. Especially if he has big games against our remaining SEC opponents, all of whom will be much better showcases than Missouri. But if he's on the shelf for much of the remaining season due to injury, then yeah, I'm with ya. 

He needs to get on track this weekend and have a big performance. His ability last year to press the LOS and bounce runs off the edge made him really tough for the State defense to defend. Hopefully, we can see that type of performance from him again Saturday.

12 hours ago, bdc81 said:

There are long term consequences to corticosteroid use.  Repetitive use in a potential NFL player would be poor judgement.

Little doc

“Your doctor may suggest corticosteroid shots if you have tried nonsurgical treatment for several weeks without success.1Shots can relieve pain, but the relief is often short-term. Also, the shots themselves can be painful, and repeated shots can damage the heel pad and the plantar fascia.” [underline mine]

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/tc/plantar-fasciitis-treatment-overview#2

Dr. Mom pointed me to this potentiality. Says breakdown of the heel pad is a lifetime pain sentence.

2 minutes ago, boomstick said:

He needs to get on track this weekend and have a big performance. His ability last year to press the LOS and bounce runs off the edge made him really tough for the State defense to defend. Hopefully, we can see that type of performance from him again Saturday.

Agreed. Hoping the week off was precautionary and that it will pay off Saturday. 

4 straight SECW games before the bye are going to be tough, for KP and the whole team. Thank goodness we got to rest the starters for the whole 4th quarter this past weekend.

12 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Johnson is still receiving therapy for his hammy, but remains active for Saturday. May be nagging injury but expected to play and I would expect him to start. 

Hope you expect Pettway to play. Be nice if OM turns into a blowout so we can give starters more rest. :)

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:25 AM, doverstutts said:

no, there are other treatment options.     I have it from time to time.   A steroid injection, plus prednisone and cortisone tablets, along with exercises (rolling a piece of pipe,tennis ball, etc) will help tremendously.     it has to be kept stretched out

Right you are my friend. He needs to see my orthopedic doc here in Western NC.  He is the best ortho doc I have been to. An MIT and fellow Duke MD schooler. I did not attend MIT, but did graduate way back in the day from Duke.

13 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Johnson is still receiving therapy for his hammy, but remains active for Saturday. May be nagging injury but expected to play and I would expect him to start. 

That has to be the best looking biscuit I have ever seen! Is this a family secret recipe?  I enjoy your medical insight and find you to be accurate with your assessments in this realm!

On 9/26/2017 at 8:38 PM, CountStandya said:

I have it...it hurts

Especially when you first get out of bed.  I used to have to hop to the bathroom.

God only knows what I would have done had it affected both feet.

On 9/27/2017 at 8:08 AM, FASTCOMPANY said:

It depends. His shoe company  representative is currently unavailable. 

On 9/25/2017 at 10:05 PM, BigSammyK said:

Would you be willing to say this to his face?

Yes. When he is injured he is nothing special and a liability given the talent we supposedly have recruited at the position.  When he is healthy he is a productive RB.   Would you be there to fight for him when he agreed with me?  LOL  

wde

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

Especially when you first get out of bed.  I used to have to hop to the bathroom.

I have achilles tendinitis in both feet.................no kidding this is how I start my day

Image result for tim conway old man walking gif

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

I can barely walk in the morning until I get in the shower and my feet get warmed back up. It's flipping awful.

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I have achilles tendinitis in both feet.................no kidding this is how I start my day

Image result for tim conway old man walking gif

Let me tell you, if you.suffer from gout as I periodically do in my feet, that's putting the pedal to the metal.

On 9/26/2017 at 0:35 PM, Scotty2Hotty said:

Translation: We're saving him for LA Monroe

Only if we plan on running him for 46 carries.  If he’s gonna break those records he needs about 600 yards against LaMo...

11 hours ago, DunderMifflin said:

I heard he was "flying around out there"

At least he can stay off of his feet that way. :)

12 hours ago, selias said:

I can barely walk in the morning until I get in the shower and my feet get warmed back up. It's flipping awful.

Just a suggestion - Stretch, stretch, and more stretching.  As my chiropractor explained it to me, the problem isn't likely in your feet, it's in your hammies, glutes, quads and/or calves.  I had a brutal case of it and hobbled for months.  Like i was stepping on glass.  He recommended some exercises that cleared it up in a week.  They have a number of recommended stretches on youtube but really it was just basic stretching of all leg muscles noted 3x a day (at least 10 minutes or so each session) worked for me. 

Archived