Baseball vs Texas A&M Game 3

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Home plate umpire with a five minute timeout after a Tanner Burns “quick pitch” to realize he was in fact wrong and that Burns pulls a legal move. Really sorry by the umpiring crew to not know that was in Burns’ arsenal before-hand. 

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Home plate umpire with a five minute timeout after a Tanner Burns “quick pitch” to realize he was in fact wrong and that Burns pulls a legal move. Really sorry by the umpiring crew to not know that was in Burns’ arsenal before-hand. 

He didn't realize he was wrong.  He called a ball because of the quick pitch.  Ultimately that's on Tanner.  You can quick pitch, but the ump has to signal ready for play.

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

He didn't realize he was wrong.  He called a ball because of the quick pitch.  Ultimately that's on Tanner.  You can quick pitch, but the ump has to signal ready for play.

He called it because Tanner didn’t come set is what he thought. He had signaled for play 

Either this guy has a wicked strikeout pitch that tails in on a batter or home plate ump has a crazy inside strike zone- McGuffin called out in strikes on a pitch that was really inside again. Not quite as bad as Holland, but both pitches have seemed inside to me 

4 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Either this guy has a wicked strikeout pitch that tails in on a batter or home plate ump has a crazy inside strike zone- McGuffin called out in strikes on a pitch that was really inside again. Not quite as bad as Holland, but both pitches have seemed inside to me 

It's got a lot of late movement.  I actually thought both pitches were fine when they crossed the plate.  The angle of the camera and where the catcher is receiving it at the end makes it look like a potential ball.

Anyone know if the catchers are alllowed to wear ear pieces? The aTm catcher was adjusting an ear peace before he put his helmet on and is looks like BW has a battery pack on his back with a wire running up to his ear also.

Is that new for college?

3 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Anyone know if the catchers are alllowed to wear ear pieces? The aTm catcher was adjusting an ear peace before he put his helmet on and is looks like BW has a battery pack on his back with a wire running up to his ear also.

Is that new for college?

Noticed that as well- I’m not sure 

6 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Is that new for college?

It's a new rule for SEC play only.  Conference allowing coaches to communicate with catchers to speed up play.  Similar to NFL QBs getting direct communication in their helmets.

Wow! Awful call! Throw pulled the 1st baseman off the bag and they still called the runner out after a review. Followed by a home run that should have cut the lead to 1. 

This is why I can't stand watching a game with Andy on the call.  He can't call it straight at all.  Pretty clear from the center field view that the first baseman held his toe on the edge of the bag.

Also, Steven Williams is a monster.

Archived