Defense has "bloodied the nose" of offense

WFE12

I'm not really worried about the talent we will put on the field. I think the players will be able to compete with any team we play. What I am waiting to see is whether the coaching (game planning, play calling, adjustments, player development, and etc.) has improved. Spring and fall practices will not offer ways to measure  those attributes.  I was glad to see some focus on special teams. It is obvious that without much ado, our defensive coaches, in three years, has surpassed our offensive coaches in short order, once we put an emphasis on improving our defense and allocated the necessary resources. Hopefully the same can be said for our offense and head coaching going forward. On our way to establishing a solid and competitive football program.  The first pillar of a championship program is in place, defense.

1 hour ago, auskull said:

I'm not really worried about the talent we will put on the field. I think the players will be able to compete with any team we play. What I am waiting to see is whether the coaching (game planning, play calling, adjustments, player development, and etc.) has improved. Spring and fall practices will not offer ways to measure  those attributes.  I was glad to see some focus on special teams. It is obvious that without much ado, our defensive coaches, in three years, has surpassed our offensive coaches in short order, once we put an emphasis on improving our defense and allocated the necessary resources. Hopefully the same can be said for our offense and head coaching going forward. On our way to establishing a solid and competitive football program.  The first pillar of a championship program is in place, defense.

tenor.gif

Archived