Arkansas Score Prediction

Zeek

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw AU was a 30 pt favorite. Dunno if the line's moved, but normally, a 30 pt fav over an SEC team … 

Well, these aren't normal days, are they?  

Gus has shown he can field a darn good team. Put some very impressive drives together too, against solid D's. 

What he can't seemingly do is consistently put 4 quarters together in a game that means all that much.  Yes, a conference game means much, but win ugly or win big, it's less significant than had we won last week. 

If this is within 30 I'd be disgusted

Gus needs to say forget friendship and beat them by 60. Try NEW plays and work some actual formations we haven't seen 2700 times. 

As far as spreads over SEC teams, most SEC teams arent THAT good. Like its worlds better than last year but outside of the top 4 in the West and UGA, what do you really have? Giving us a 10 pt spread against LSU was disrespectful but Arky is barely a D1 team 

i'm going 48 - 16 AU. If the hogs are smart they will take about 20 shots down field just to see what sticks. Secondary and lack of a sack master is proving to be achillies heel of D. 

AU a 28 point favorite?    Who would believe.   What's happened to Chad Morris?    I accept that he did not find the cupboard full but his team is looking like the worst in the SEC by a clear margin.  

Hope all the hype about an Auburn rout does not get into the minds of our players......don't think we are that good that we should take anyone lightly...

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If this is within 30 I'd be disgusted

Gus needs to say forget friendship and beat them by 60. Try NEW plays and work some actual formations we haven't seen 2700 times. 

As far as spreads over SEC teams, most SEC teams arent THAT good. Like its worlds better than last year but outside of the top 4 in the West and UGA, what do you really have? Giving us a 10 pt spread against LSU was disrespectful but Arky is barely a D1 team 

exactly, before the game tell his buddy , "I'm gonna try and put 60 points up on the board, you try and stop me. Thanks for coming see you after the game."

Just now, TigerOne said:

exactly, before the game tell his buddy , "I'm gonna try and put 60 points up on the board, you try and stop me. Thanks for coming see you after the game."

Didn't know Chad was a buddy of Gus....but whatever …this is business and hope AU and Gus approach it that way. 

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Didn't know Chad was a buddy of Gus....but whatever …this is business and hope AU and Gus approach it that way. 

real good friends, we will see Gus's mindset during this one.

4 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

real good friends, we will see Gus's mindset during this one.

Thanks...but I expect Chad knows this is business too and will not take it personal if the score gets rowdy .....which I hope it does. 

15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

AU a 28 point favorite?    Who would believe.   What's happened to Chad Morris?    I accept that he did not find the cupboard full but his team is looking like the worst in the SEC by a clear margin.  

Hope all the hype about an Auburn rout does not get into the minds of our players......don't think we are that good that we should take anyone lightly...

The offense is a total mismatch for what Morris wants to run, and we have serious issues in the locker room right now. Our players would rather whine about being booed and laugh and joke around on the sidelines while down by 30 than play football. No leaders on this team. Morris needs to do a lot of culling of the roster this offseason. I mean, we were lucky to go 4-8 last year with Bielema and nearly lost to a 3-9 Coastal Carolina team.

Morris has made some questionable coaching decisions though but when you get blown out by North Texas (a team he beat last year at SMU) it has to be more than that. I think he's a good recruiter so willing to give him a few more years.

11 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

real good friends, we will see Gus's mindset during this on.

Gus was Chad's coaching mentor when he was coaching high school. Also didn't realize this but heard this morning that Paula Morris (Chad's wife) was Stidham's 3rd grade teacher.

16 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

The offense is a total mismatch for what Morris wants to run, and we have serious issues in the locker room right now. Our players would rather whine about being booed and laugh and joke around on the sidelines while down by 30 than play football. No leaders on this team. Morris needs to do a lot of culling of the roster this offseason. I mean, we were lucky to go 4-8 last year with Bielema and nearly lost to a 3-9 Coastal Carolina team.

Morris has made some questionable coaching decisions though but when you get blown out by North Texas (a team he beat last year at SMU) it has to be more than that. I think he's a good recruiter so willing to give him a few more years.

Gus was Chad's coaching mentor when he was coaching high school. Also didn't realize this but heard this morning that Paula Morris (Chad's wife) was Stidham's 3rd grade teacher.

Yes Chad also coached at Stidham's high school before moving onto lake Travis. I am pretty sure Stidham also graduated with his daughter. Either way, they have a relationship. At least you guys have Ty starting this weekend. He seems to do better with the RPO.

34 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Thanks...but I expect Chad knows this is business too and will not take it personal if the score gets rowdy .....which I hope it does. 

Especially coming off a moral killer like last week. Give NCM 100 yards and 2 TDs and watch him take off for the rest of the season. They're still kids and they need these positive moments to kick them into gear!

7 hours ago, Jones Field said:

This game scares me. Classic letdown game. Ark can’t win, but it may be closer than we like.

I recall a time when Arky came in town vs a # 2 ranked Auburn.  Auburn got whooped that day, 27 - 10. Nutty was their HC, and Gus was the OC. 

Archived