HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

around4ever

May 2019 be the year Gus gets his mojo back. Yes the bowl game gives hope but it remains to be seen and its a long off season speculating what will happen.

Happy New Year...fresh starts...BHAG's ("big hairy audacious goals")...contentment...blessing-counting...grace, joy, love, courage, and peace to all!!  United by a love, concern, and years of memories for Auburn football, nonetheless, we're made for more. We are the difference-makers in each of our corners...let's be about it!  Thank you for the lighter moments and flat-out coffee-spitting uproars. Here's to many more!!  Philippians 1:6 to each of us, and for 72 and those fighting battles beyond the smaller stuff...Philippians 4:19!

20181228_155435.jpg

25 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Happy New Year...fresh starts...BHAG's ("big hairy audacious goals")...contentment...blessing-counting...grace, joy, love, courage, and peace to all!!  United by a love, concern, and years of memories for Auburn football, nonetheless, we're made for more. We are the difference-makers in each of our corners...let's be about it!  Thank you for the lighter moments and flat-out coffee-spitting uproars. Here's to many more!!  Philippians 1:6 to each of us, and for 72 and those fighting battles beyond the smaller stuff...Philippians 4:19!

20181228_155435.jpg

POST OF THE YEAR!

Winner winner.  Shut it down early.  

47 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

20181228_155435.jpg

Thank you for the mention Tora.

I try not to complain about real life (though I might cry in my beer about my Tigers a little too much lately) but I have to say, even beyond my diagnosis, 2018 was a tough year for us down here.  We had 3 very close friends (we called them our Florida Family) all pass away within about 1 month of each other.  Since neither my wife nor I have had actual grandparents since our late teens/early 20's, one of the ones who passed was our "Grandma Shirley".  We sorta "adopted" her as our grandmother as my wife's known her since she was 14 and I've known her since a year before we were married, so about 25 years.  ...then I got diagnosed with my cancer.  ...and that was just the first half of 2018!

Bottom line?  Good riddance to 2018.  I'm SO glad you are in our rearview mirror!!!

On the other hand, thank you Tora for that Bible verse.  God truly IS supplying our needs right now and we are truly feeling blessed heading into 2019.  2019 is going to be a FANTASTIC year and the beginning of a HUGE comeback!  God is in control and He is lighting our path.

God bless you all, Happy New Year & War Eagle!!!

11 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Thank you for the mention Tora.

I try not to complain about real life (though I might cry in my beer about my Tigers a little too much lately) but I have to say, even beyond my diagnosis, 2018 was a tough year for us down here.  We had 3 very close friends (we called them our Florida Family) all pass away within about 1 month of each other.  Since neither my wife nor I have had actual grandparents since our late teens/early 20's, one of the ones who passed was our "Grandma Shirley".  We sorta "adopted" her as our grandmother as my wife's known her since she was 14 and I've known her since a year before we were married, so about 25 years.  ...then I got diagnosed with my cancer.  ...and that was just the first half of 2018!

Bottom line?  Good riddance to 2018.  I'm SO glad you are in our rearview mirror!!!

On the other hand, thank you Tora for that Bible verse.  God truly IS supplying our needs right now and we are truly feeling blessed heading into 2019.  2019 is going to be a FANTASTIC year and the beginning of a HUGE comeback!  God is in control and He is lighting our path.

God bless you all, Happy New Year & War Eagle!!!

Happy New Year to all! Good for you 72. There's a reason the rearview mirror is so small compared to the windshield. We need to look ahead, nothing we can do to change the past but it does provide a reminder of how God blesses us daily with good things and He also gives us a way to deal with the bad things. Bottom line is to grow daily and don't repeat your regrets. Then your New Year will always be a blessing. War Eagle! 

Archived