Sign in to follow this  
ellitor

15 AU Players Benefit From New NCAA Redshirt Rule

SIAP...

The 15 players benefiting from NCAA's new redshirt rule

By Brandon Marcello

AUBURN, Alabama — The NCAA's new rule allowing players to participate in up to four games and maintain redshirt status has been welcomed with open arms across the country.

Auburn certainly took advantage of the new rule by making 15 notable players (by our count) eligible to save a year of eligibility this season by playing in four games or less.

The list includes two quarterbacks and plenty of future stars on offense and defense.

• Thanks 4

It's crazy Jibunor redshirted. The few times he was on the field he was always around the ball making a play. He was one of the guys I predicted would make an impact as a true freshman last year

9 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

It's crazy Jibunor redshirted. The few times he was on the field he was always around the ball making a play. He was one of the guys I predicted would make an impact as a true freshman last year

That goes to show the talent on our DL this year. We didn't really need him. AND he is getting the benefit of learning under Derrick Brown for another year which can't do anything but help him.

• Like 1

Out of all of those, I'm most excited/nervous about how Joiner will perform for us - mostly with his blocking ability. I have no doubts he'll be fine with running/catching the ball but blocking in that role will be HUGE for us going forward.

8 minutes ago, Linayus said:

Out of all of those, I'm most excited/nervous about how Joiner will perform for us - mostly with his blocking ability. I have no doubts he'll be fine with running/catching the ball but blocking in that role will be HUGE for us going forward.

If he stays at HB he will not be asked to block much. If he stays there he will be a Flex HB type asked to make catches. There are rumblings though he has been moved to RB.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beaumak said:

seems that there is 1 name blatantly absent....:devil:. i kid, i kid.

just-kidding-how-pissed-did-you-get-righ

RB   Asa Martin (5)

Asa played in....Oops!  He transferred.  

4 hours ago, beaumak said:

seems that there is 1 name blatantly absent....:devil:. i kid, i kid.

Fell through the cracks.