Darrell Williams

alexava

I always felt like he looked very athletic on the field, but this article highlights the fact that he finished 24-25th in his position group on the 3 or 4 most important measurements. I wish him well, but it doesn’t look great for his draft potential. He’s a high character guy, though, so hopefully he can make a roster and continue to develop. 

Our starting Lbs were pretty good tacklers but were a step slow as compared to SEC standards.  I did think Darrell looked a little faster than Deshaun.

I thought Josh Bynes was slow the whole time he was at Auburn. I think he’s still in the league. These guys at least appear fast on the field. 

Bynes didn't have the speed but he was a smart guy. Always seemed to be in the right spot in run or pass plays. I believe all three of our guys possess some of these intangibles so they may have a chance. Losing some weight by itself just doesn't seem to help all that much with speed.  Hope DD, DW, and MA live their dream.

On 3/9/2019 at 2:52 PM, alexava said:

I thought Josh Bynes was slow the whole time he was at Auburn. I think he’s still in the league. These guys at least appear fast on the field. 

There's a difference between foot speed and football speed. Otherwise more sprinters would play football. The fact that we have two guys who sprint in the spring now is an anomaly, especially considering both of their speed transfers to the football field. Junior Rosegreen wasn't particularly fleet of foot, nor was Will Herring, but both were outstanding college safeties because they knew when and where to move.

32 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

There's a difference between foot speed and football speed. Otherwise more sprinters would play football. The fact that we have two guys who sprint in the spring now is an anomaly, especially considering both of their speed transfers to the football field. Junior Rosegreen wasn't particularly fleet of foot, nor was Will Herring, but both were outstanding college safeties because they knew when and where to move.

Rosegreen ran well at the combine. I don’t know what he lacked.

Archived