Baseball vs Arkansas Game 3

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

Well.....that was a missed opportunity.

Wasted 1/3 of our outs that inning on a sacrifice bunt. That's my way of looking at it, others have differing views.

What I’ve seen today is poor contact from the Auburn hitters. It’s not necessarily that we’re failing to compete in at-bats, but when we make contact, nothing is barreled up, nothing is solid. And this is against one of Arky’s more mediocre pitchers. I don’t know if we’re having trouble seeing the ball or what, but we make very minimal contact. When Arkansas makes contact, they hit it hard and solid. Some of those balls go foul, and some of them go right to one of our fielders, but some of them fall, and those spell trouble. I’m really not sure how you fix that other than more at bats. 

Guys just are not motivated. Too business like on the losing end. Need some pep in that step. Arkansas just has more energy and confidence.  That’s why their pop off the bats is better. We look lost today. 

Bailey Horn starts the 6th in relief, throws five pitches, walks the leadoff and looks like he's aggravated his elbow again.. His day is done...hope he's not on the shelf for the rest of the year.

Relievers continue to play with fire. 

Kyle Gray in emergency relief of Bailey Horn walks two to load the bases for Kjerstad.  Like looking down the barrel of a bazooka.  Got him to roll over one.  That could've been disastrous....

Without a turnaround at the plate it isn’t going to matter. We should have won this series yesterday. I’m not impressed with the hitting. 

I’m quite certain we lead the nation in our batters facing counts of 1-2. Until that changes, were in trouble.  

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Williams called out spectating with one out and a runner on third.  Not sure what's in his head these days.

He's lost at the plate right now for sure. 

Archived