Jump to content


Null



Recommended Posts

Arky and Texas Tech  (both #1 seeds) went down on the first set of games today....arky shut out by FSU.....kinda hated for that to happen.....Coach Martin is the sentimental favorite for the CWS so this game will put them even more in the public eye.

I take it that Jack O will pitch our first game ….unless there is some reason to start someone else....:dunno:

Link to post
Share on other sites




  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AU got plenty of face time.....Bruce and Gus were in the booth quite a while....Bruce dominated the conversation but it went on a while and lots of compliments on the accomplishments of both coaches..

That's because of the image of the nickster that the media has constructed. The rest of the U.S. thinks Auburn is the dirty team especially concerning recruitment.  With the advantages NS is allo

Being likened to Saban is not a compliment in my book.....

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Arky and Texas Tech  (both #1 seeds) went down on the first set of games today....arky shut out by FSU.....kinda hated for that to happen.....Coach Martin is the sentimental favorite for the CWS so this game will put them even more in the public eye.

I take it that Jack O will pitch our first game ….unless there is some reason to start someone else....:dunno:

Owen was listed as the starter on the graphic during the Arky game tonight. Small is a tough customer for State. We need our A+ game. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Owen didn't pitch against State if I recall, and we won the game against Small earlier in the year if that gives anyone hope lol. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Owen didn't pitch against State if I recall, and we won the game against Small earlier in the year if that gives anyone hope lol. 

Forgot that we won that one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Between wanting Martin to win at least one game at his last CWS and not liking Arky at all, I'm happy with that game. There was some good ball played today, in both games. To be expected I guess, shoddy teams don't end up in Omaha.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it is time for the Doc to predict the outcome of our game tomorrow with MSU..........Auburn 8 MSU 5

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Between wanting Martin to win at least one game at his last CWS and not liking Arky at all, I'm happy with that game. There was some good ball played today, in both games. To be expected I guess, shoddy teams don't end up in Omaha.

Baseball is baseball and someone will probably score in double digits in a game or two...but you are right....the CWS does bring out the best in most of the players and teams....it's high quality baseball ...especially since it is being played by many kids still in their teens. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Gotta think it's coming, if softball wants to be taken seriously.  It was used at the SEC tournament,wasn't it?

It was used and worked although the very limited format for review was ridiculous.  Just copy the baseball format and institute it next spring. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched both CWS games yesterday. I have to say.....that FSU starting pitcher was phenomenal. Arky is a very good offensive team but they could not get much from that FSU guy. He was amazing to watch. Campbell did a great job for Arky also. I remembered him from Auburn's series with Arky and I was interested in seeing him pitch again. But that FSU kid was unhittable yesterday.

 

Edited by Tigerbelle
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Owen didn't pitch against State if I recall, and we won the game against Small earlier in the year if that gives anyone hope lol. 

But note, in that game Small only gave up 3 hits, and 2 of them were in his last inning he worked, the 6th I believe. 

They were ahead, and after Small left, is when we won the game.  He will be tougher even now. Just need some timely hitting to have a chance.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tigerbelle said:

So....Michigan and Vandy won their opening games in Omaha.

espn has almost ignored Auburn and has had few good things to say but they have really spotlighted Mississippi State. This is very familiar territory for Auburn.

Anyone who knows the makeup of the ESPN power structure shouldn’t be shocked by that. Crimson led. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Anyone who knows the makeup of the ESPN power structure shouldn’t be shocked by that. Crimson led. 

That's why I said it's familiar territory. Not shocked at all. espn, at times, goes out of it's way to disrespect Auburn.....

Hope the media disdain has inspired the Tigers today.

 

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/owen-why-not-us-?fbclid=IwAR0U-4J5ugM5CPJk_Yb5CHtAAyXr_quhgoqKh1-lWYYklkCyc4hJr9ea0YE

Link to post
Share on other sites

JMO but AU has gotten pretty good coverage as one of the surprise teams in the CWS....on the other hand Louisville and Michigan were mostly ignored leading up to their games.   Lots of discussion about AU overcoming all the pitching injuries to get to where they are....

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought they were extremely complementary to our team and coaching staff last night.

Also, State is getting coverage because they and Vandy are unquestionably the favorites to win the title. Winner of that game is going to have a huge advantage, and winner of our bracket is the hands down favorite in the championship series.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2019 at 10:18 AM, OlderWhiskey said:

Gotta think it's coming, if softball wants to be taken seriously.  It was used at the SEC tournament,wasn't it?

Yes, although to call the results 'mixed' is being charitable.   One would hope they would/will do a better job once it becomes the standard in the future (making a biiiiiiig assumption here 😄)

Edited by EagleEye67
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

I thought they were extremely complementary to our team and coaching staff last night.

Also, State is getting coverage because they and Vandy are unquestionably the favorites to win the title. Winner of that game is going to have a huge advantage, and winner of our bracket is the hands down favorite in the championship series.

I watched BOTH games on SATURDAY.... PRIOR to our game last night. That's what I was discussing and made my post BEFORE we played. They showed State fans, the team, the tailgating State fans.....and did not show anything about Auburn. Barely even mentioned Auburn's team all day. It was a State love fest. THAT is what I was referring to.

Edited by Tigerbelle
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

I watched BOTH games on SATURDAY.... PRIOR to our game last night. That's what I was discussing and made my post BEFORE we played. They showed State fans, the team, the tailgating State fans.....and did not show anything about Auburn. Barely even mentioned Auburn's team all day. It was a State love fest. THAT is what I was referring to.

Have you ever thought it is because they have been there 38 times? Or they have a huge following in baseball at MSU...and we are newbies this year. MSU has been at the top of the polls and we checked in as a Cinderella team.

All teams are showcased, but the ones with a legacy and a following and are the favorites are going to get more pub...that's the media...but I feel Auburn got good media coverage...

  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody remember one of our recent close games? The opposing catcher dropped the 3rd strike, our guy made it to first but was called out because his foot touched the chalk on the outside of the white line. Today, the Texas Tech catcher dropped a 3rd strike, the Arky batter ran the entire distance with both feet stepping solidly in the middle of the white line, and he was called safe. So much for the "you can't touch the white line" argument. I said at the time, and apparently the CWS umps agree with me, that as long as the runner doesn't go inside the line, he's ok.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Anybody remember one of our recent close games? The opposing catcher dropped the 3rd strike, our guy made it to first but was called out because his foot touched the chalk on the outside of the white line. Today, the Texas Tech catcher dropped a 3rd strike, the Arky batter ran the entire distance with both feet stepping solidly in the middle of the white line, and he was called safe. So much for the "you can't touch the white line" argument. I said at the time, and apparently the CWS umps agree with me, that as long as the runner doesn't go inside the line, he's ok.

Touching the line is considered in the lane and is legal. The batter runner is not automatically out if he is out of the running lane.  He must, in the umpire's judgement, have interfered with or impeded the 1st Baseman from catching the ball. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ellitor changed the title to College World Series

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...