Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

You know what? If this is what it takes to really clean the whole house, then so be it. Let the PTB have their fun with a severely depressed attendance, terrible recruiting classes, Auburn being labeled as a laughingstock, and more. Sometimes we gotta have a diarrhea before we finally can shine.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, drewzums343 said:

I'd say I want Venables to come here but there's no way in hell it's happening. Please not bill Clark 

Why would Brent come here if he can't even control who he hires or fires? 

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

From what I seen, JBOY tweeted this is a rich rod moment and someone took that as, this could be a potential name. That is how all of these dumb rumors get started. "Sources"

I don’t even follow JBoy on Twitter.   
Again, just saw someone mention Rich Rod name.  

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

So I'm hearing something interesting right now from my source that the old school and the new school boosters are fighting right now for control and the new school boosters are the ones leaking information to sabatoge the old school boosters so they will sit down and shut up and not try to have control the coaches. Thats why the Napier news was leaked so that he would say no and embarrass the school until we finally can get a football coach and just let him coach and have full control. 

Good. I support this.

If all of this is true, I would ask 1 question of the power guys controlling this process from behind the scenes who likely made their $$$ in business. Would they take a position to run a company and not be allowed the freedom to hire the managers they wanted around them? In the end, the goal is to drive the company to meet/exceed expectations, to manage P&L and drive the brand. 

Now we know any coach who comes here will be a ******* puppet. I'm done. Auburn football will not receive another dime or view from me. Seriously this is criminally inept.

If it comes to this point, you’ve gotta keep pushing the old school boosters till they budge. Go get Meyer, Cristobal, or +/- Sark and give them full control. Only way things will get fixed. 

Anyone that shows up to JHS next fall should have their heads examined. These ass clowns have got to get the message that we are done!!!! I'll support the school, basketball, baseball, softball, etc....but I cannot support this dog and pay show that is Auburn football anymore.

3 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Its crystal clear they did have someone ready to go

#StopSteele

They did. And in doing so they let the right guy for the job in Cristobal get away as merely a smokescreen. 

Just now, DAG said:

Why would Brent come here if he can't even control who he hires or fires? 

Why would the head coach have no say in who the Offensive and defensive coordinators would be? That's just stupid. If auburn is willing to turn down a good coach over something like that, we don't deserve to win 

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

So I'm hearing something interesting right now from my source that the old school and the new school boosters are fighting right now for control and the new school boosters are the ones leaking information to sabatoge the old school boosters so they will sit down and shut up and not try to have control the coaches. Thats why the Napier news was leaked so that he would say no and embarrass the school until we finally can get a football coach and just let him coach and have full control. 

Okay so although that might help the new booster, it successfully ruins Auburn currently. This jockeying of power, if true, is truly tarnishing the idea of getting any quality of coaches here. They don't need to interview a single soul if they all aren't on the same freaking page.

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I was thinking that this may be the scenario. God, I hope it’s true.

So it ain’t just “fans” that recognize how ridiculous this farce is. 

Just now, drewzums343 said:

Why would the head coach have no say in who the Offensive and defensive coordinators would be? That's just stupid. If auburn is willing to turn down a good coach over something like that, we don't deserve to win 

Have you been paying attention?

8 minutes ago, AUGrad1996 said:

You and I have been on the same page in most of this. I only recently posted but have been reading along. At this point I’m pretty much ready to call Tigers Unlimited to ask for my money back I let them hold from last year. I’m a scholarship donor and I’ll be back in 3-5 years if we can get the next coach right. In the meantime I’ll carry my kids to basketball and enjoy the product we have put on the floor there. Right now that’s what we have to be proud of. This is an embarrassment. 

That’s exactly what you should do. That’s what everyone should be doing right now. As someone who finally had the finances in place to start purchasing season tickets I will definitely no longer be doing that. I know my money does not make a difference but the money of 100 of me will make a dent. 

4 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I can support this!! Burn the whole thing to the ground 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Okay so although that might help the new booster, it successfully ruins Auburn currently. This jockeying of power, if true, is truly tarnishing the idea of getting any quality of coaches here. They don't need to interview a single soul if they all aren't on the same freaking page.

If new money wasnt doing this wed have HC Steele alreasy. Hard pass. Bring this s***ty back room bull**** to light. 

Archived