#25 Baseball vs #12 Vanderbilt

STRIKEOUT #15 for Auburn pitchers!!!

Auburn wins 5-1!!

I've been so damn impressed with our pitching the last couple of weeks. Getting Mullins and Gonzalez back was crucial!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

STRIKEOUT #15 for Auburn pitchers!!!

Auburn wins 5-1!!

I've been so damn impressed with our pitching the last couple of weeks. Getting Mullins and Gonzalez back was crucial!

Burkhalter has done a fabulous job as the closer also. 

• Like 3

Timely hitting carried us. We were very fortunate that walks didn't cost us more runs. 7 walks total is way too many. A lot of times it created scoring chances for Vanderbilt.

7 hours ago, AUlurker said:

Timely hitting carried us. We were very fortunate that walks didn't cost us more runs. 7 walks total is way too many. A lot of times it created scoring chances for Vanderbilt.

This was the biggest problem we had last season. Pitchers giving free passes is the fastest way to lose that I know of. We were doing better in that department until last night, at least it seems to me that we were. Lets hope this 7-walk game was an oddity and not the start of a trend.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

This was the biggest problem we had last season. Pitchers giving free passes is the fastest way to lose that I know of. We were doing better in that department until last night, at least it seems to me that we were. Lets hope this 7-walk game was an oddity and not the start of a trend.

Vandy hitters are taught so well and are so disciplined at the plate it's hard to know if it's a trend or not. This is considered a "down" year for them right now.

Today's game will be a real test.

Got plans this afternoon/evening so won't be able to do updates. Hope someone picks up the slack and we get the series W today!

6 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Got plans this afternoon/evening so won't be able to do updates. Hope someone picks up the slack and we get the series W today!

Do you copy and paste from D1 or some other website, or do you summarize after watching?  I may try… don’t hold your breath though. 

11 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

Do you copy and paste from D1 or some other website, or do you summarize after watching?  I may try… don’t hold your breath though. 

I update live. If Softball and Baseball are on at the same time, I'll follow along on statbroadcast.com. If it's just baseball, I'll listen/watch and then update via that.

Trace Bright on the bump for Auburn. Fly out, backwards K, walk (after up 1-2), then their stud Keegan batting cleanup out looking at strike three (outside fastball). Blake, Kason, and Sonny due up to start it for the Tigers. 

Freshman Carter Holten from Guyton GA (Benedictine i believe) on the mound for Vandy. Fly out to RF out of bounds for Rambusch (about where that stupid bench is at TAM), Kason SO on a nasty curve, THEN Sonny with a deep HR to deep center field. Brooks Carlson grounds out to 2b to end the inning. 

1-0 Auburn after 1 inning of baseball on a beautiful sunny day in Auburn. 

Edited by jw 4 au

Lead off single for Vandy through the 5-6 hole, swinging bunt to pitcher out at first but moves the runner over, then another backwards K for the second out (that’s 3 so far), then last out 3-1.

Trace Bright working ahead to most batters. End of his second inning with 35 pitches or so on the arm.  

Moore, Foster, Pierce due up. 1-0 good guys. 

Moore grounds out to the pitcher, Foster nice hitters hit to LF, BB for Pierce, fly out by LaRue, good at bat by Farquhar but grounds out 4-3. 

1-0 Tigers after 2. Holten with 42 pitches already. 

Bright on the mound to start the third. Five pitch walk to kid who never moved the bat, Fly out to LF, line out to Third, and LaRue with the caught steeling at 2B by the SS. Nice inning by the team.

Too if the order due up. Still 1-0 AU. 

Classic Tim Corbin baseball.....stealing bases at every opportunity. Happy that Nate LaRue was ready for it. Great play by Auburn defensively.

Blake starts us off with a deep grounder to third and beats it out, and now they review it to call him Safe (close but tie goes to the runner). Now a 4-6 ground out on a close play and under review again (still out on something I guess they felt like they couldn’t overrule). Sonny up and fly out to RF, then a deep fly out to LF with a nice climbing the wall catch by that Vandy kid. 

1-0 Auburn after 3. 

Dang, first pitch HR to Center. Now another review on a potential HBP. He offers and back forearm was moving forward and maybe gets a nick (no overturn) 2-2 count to Keegan. And then he doubles to LF off the wall, dang it!  Single to the left side now 2 on no outs. And then another frickin’ HR deep to RF. 4-1 Vandy. Brite losing accuracy a bit, not getting up like earlier, or they are swinging). Another single, to RF this time. 5-4-almost 3 for the first out. Brute at 60+ pitches now. And now a walk to the 9 hole (cannot do that in games like these!!!). 

Now a pitching change to Carson Swilling in the 4th, down 4-1