Updyke Allegedly Attacked

jaredm2012

This is blowing up all over my Facebook. Apparently Harvey was attacked at a gas station and treated in the ER at the EAMC in Opelika. Looking for official reports now

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm amazed he got out of the ER so quickly. Any time I've been to the ER, I'm there a minimum of 4 hours.

Updyke drove himself to an area hospital and checked into the ER to be treated for a head injury and has since been released, says Threatt------Threatt,'We left the courthouse at 2:30- he was attacked around 2:45 at an Opelika gas station.' /////WOW That was FAST!

Harvey Updyke treated for head injuries after alleged attack following court appearance over Toomer's Corner trees

By Charles Goldberg/Auburn Bureau, The Birmingham News, Press-Register, and The Huntsville Times al.com

Harvey Updyke's attorney says his client was struck in the head at a gas station in Opelika a short time after leaving a courthouse where he waived his right to a preliminary hearing over the poisoning of the iconic oak trees at Toomer's Corner in Auburn.

An employee at the Tiger Express gas station in Opelika said Updyke said he was "jumped behind the store," but the employee didn't know any other details. The employee, who requested not to be identified, said she did not see any police cars or ambulances at the gas station.

"Somewhere right outside of Opelika Harvey stopped at a gas station to get a drink and some gas, and when he got out of his car, it went black," Threatt said. "He woke up on the ground. He had been hit in the head with something. He wandered into the gas station in pain, and they directed him to a local emergency room."

Threatt received treatment at the emergency room. He has since talked to the police.

Threatt said Updyke had received facial bruises and a split in his brow

"He's been released from the emergency room, and I'm not a doctor, but when they release you they think it's OK," Threatt said. "It doesn't sound like he required stitches. It doesn't sound like he's got permanent injuries, other than he may have a slight concussion."

The court said Updyke could leave Alabama and to be with his family in Louisiana while awaiting trial.

My link

OA News

Update: 4:30 p.m.

Harvey Updyke Jr., the man accused of poisoning the Toomer’s Oaks, allegedly suffered minor injures during an assault at an Opelika gas station after his preliminary hearing on Wednesday.

Updyke suffered a scratch to the forehead during an alleged assault by unknown assailants at Tiger Express on U.S. Highway 280 after his preliminary hearing in Lee County District Court, according to Opelika police Capt. Allan Elkins.

Elkins said the injuries were minor and could result in misdemeanor charges depending on the results of the investigation.

Elkins said Updyke could not identify or describe the assailants, and the station did not have video surveillance in the parking lot where the alleged assault happened.

“He has not really been too cooperative at this point,” Elkins said.

Updyke’s attorney, Glennon Threatt Jr., first reported the alleged assault on the Paul Finebaum radio show.

Threatt waived his client’s prelimary hearing Wednesday afternoon as part of a deal for limited discovery in the case which will go before a Lee County grand jury in May.

Naturally he can't describe the attackers and there wasn't video surveillance in the parking lot. He just "went black" when he got out of the car.

Man we sure are good at hiding stuff.... No money connection with Cam, but everyone knows its there... Chaz can't name the boosters or coaches that paid him... now Harvey can't describe his attackers that apparently no one else saw.... WE ARE GOOD!!

Anyone know that gas station well? Any reason to go behind it?

“He has not really been too cooperative at this point,” ( Opelika Police Captain ) Elkins said.

No need to draw a picture. We all this know is a sympathy ploy by the lawyer. 100 % b.s.

Harvey Updyke treated for head injuries after alleged attack following court appearance over Toomer's Corner trees

By Charles Goldberg/Auburn Bureau, The Birmingham News, Press-Register, and The Huntsville Times al.com

Harvey Updyke's attorney says his client was struck in the head at a gas station in Opelika a short time after leaving a courthouse where he waived his right to a preliminary hearing over the poisoning of the iconic oak trees at Toomer's Corner in Auburn.

An employee at the Tiger Express gas station in Opelika said Updyke said he was "jumped behind the store," but the employee didn't know any other details. The employee, who requested not to be identified, said she did not see any police cars or ambulances at the gas station.

"Somewhere right outside of Opelika Harvey stopped at a gas station to get a drink and some gas, and when he got out of his car, it went black," Threatt said. "He woke up on the ground. He had been hit in the head with something. He wandered into the gas station in pain, and they directed him to a local emergency room."

Threatt received treatment at the emergency room. He has since talked to the police.

Threatt said Updyke had received facial bruises and a split in his brow

"He's been released from the emergency room, and I'm not a doctor, but when they release you they think it's OK," Threatt said. "It doesn't sound like he required stitches. It doesn't sound like he's got permanent injuries, other than he may have a slight concussion."

The court said Updyke could leave Alabama and to be with his family in Louisiana while awaiting trial.

My link

What was Updyke doing back of the gas station? Is he stupid? Oh........

Jay Tate tweeted that redneck and his lawyer left the courthouse together in the same car.

Maybe his lawyer finally figured out what a stupid redneck he has for a client and took a few shots at him. :roflol:

OA News

Update: 4:30 p.m.

Harvey Updyke Jr., the man accused of poisoning the Toomer’s Oaks, allegedly suffered minor injures during an assault at an Opelika gas station after his preliminary hearing on Wednesday.

Updyke suffered a scratch to the forehead during an alleged assault by unknown assailants at Tiger Express on U.S. Highway 280 after his preliminary hearing in Lee County District Court, according to Opelika police Capt. Allan Elkins.

Elkins said the injuries were minor and could result in misdemeanor charges depending on the results of the investigation.

Elkins said Updyke could not identify or describe the assailants, and the station did not have video surveillance in the parking lot where the alleged assault happened.

“He has not really been too cooperative at this point,” Elkins said.

Updyke’s attorney, Glennon Threatt Jr., first reported the alleged assault on the Paul Finebaum radio show.

Threatt waived his client’s prelimary hearing Wednesday afternoon as part of a deal for limited discovery in the case which will go before a Lee County grand jury in May.

Naturally he can't describe the attackers and there wasn't video surveillance in the parking lot. He just "went black" when he got out of the car.

Updyke's lawyer announces this on Paul Finebaum's show and this isn't a stunt. Come on, are we stupid?

I don't spend much time behind gas stations, is that the cool new hang out spot?

What a coincidence it would be if he showed up and some ruffians who just happened to know he was were there as well. It also just so happens there are no security cameras back there as well.

Sorry, but if I'm "attacked", I would be notifying the police immediately.

What a joke.

I think that's the station at the intersection of 280 and 147. If so, there is no reason for anybody to be behind the station, there is ample parking in front and on both sides.

And c'mon: If somebody had attacked Updyke with malice in mind, there would have been more damage than a scratch. Laughable.

Yes, I know it. It used to have a drive thru for a fast food joint. Other than that there is no reason to go behind it, if it is the one at the intersection of Hw 280 & the turn to Grand National Golf Course.

Yes, I know it. It used to have a drive thru for a fast food joint. Other than that there is no reason to go behind it, if it is the one at the intersection of Hw 280 & the turn to Grand National Golf Course.

Whether it's that one or the one at 280 and 147, there is absolutely no reason to be behind either of them, unless you're picking through the garbage.

Police: what happened sir?

Udyke: Well, I went to the back of the gas station to take me a tinkle an I woke up with this heer scratch on my eyebrow.

Police: there was no bathroom inside?

Updyke: What? Indoor bathrooms? There aint no such a thing!

Police: you're a complete tool of a dumbass bammer necktarded idiot!

Whether it's that one or the one at 280 and 147, there is absolutely no reason to be behind either of them, unless you're picking through the garbage.

Picking through garbage, eh? Maybe he was getting hungry.

Archived