2015 4* JUCO ATH Jason Smith recommits to AU!

RunInRed

I "think" JJ has shown me enough that he will be the starter and is the direction this coaching staff would like to go in for now. This offense is adaptable as we've clearly seen in the past. JJ has more experience and has proven that the can make the plays at this level.

Not saying JS won't get a shot to be Nick 2.0, but let's face it...Nick Marshall is a freak athlete. I just don't see JS being that guy. I do, however, think he will be a true offensive playmaker, and will make a difference next year.

I'm glad you're here Jason. Good Luck and War Eagle

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back to the tiger den. You will have a super career as an Auburn Tiger! Go with God and you walk the path he has set forth for you.

Especially if he wants to play QB. I just don't see the downside to giving him a shot. Again, if he's Nick Marshall 2.0, Sean White is going to watch from the sidelines.

There is a potential downside. If we lose Sammy and Williams this year we may need receivers to play right away and if Jason practices at QB he will not be ready at receiver. It is all a matter of where we need him most, it could be QB but I think chances are higher it will be at Receiver. JMO

An offensive athlete as good as Jason can play well at several different positions. The most important thing for him will be to decide what position will allow him the best chance to not just play well, but to play at an elite level. I think he will figure it all out.

IMHO, his best shot for an immediate impact AND his best shot at a pro career is at WR. When he was at WR during the all star game a couple of years ago, he looked like a natural WR! Excellent hands, route running, leaping, catching the ball at the highest point, etc.

I don't know enough about his passing skills to comment, but the film and the one game I've seen him play WR, dude was BEAST!!!

Wherever he winds up, I wish him the best.

Archived