Barbbe Hasn't Signed Contract?

wardon1345162806

Lunch-time radio show had atty Donald Jackson & Komaro on, and serious Bball problems laid out. Cothron qualified but not admitted. Komaro not allowed to be on team although completley legal. No Ala recruits in football & Bball adversely affected by AU compliance guys stiffing Komaro kid. Heavy criticism of the Suites @ new arena not facing the Court. Topped it off by revealing that Barbee wants out now that admin is tying his hands, and contract terms are so stupid that a starving crach-head would not sign it. Supposedly the terms state that his salary reduced by over half if any NCAA inquiry, doesn't matter if guilty or not- Entire future of AU Bball is on the ledge-

Lunch-time radio show had atty Donald Jackson & Komaro on, and serious Bball problems laid out. Cothron qualified but not admitted. Komaro not allowed to be on team although completley legal. No Ala recruits in football & Bball adversely affected by AU compliance guys stiffing Komaro kid. Heavy criticism of the Suites @ new arena not facing the Court. Topped it off by revealing that Barbee wants out now that admin is tying his hands, and contract terms are so stupid that a starving crach-head would not sign it. Supposedly the terms state that his salary reduced by over half if any NCAA inquiry, doesn't matter if guilty or not- Entire future of AU Bball is on the ledge-

Auburn has clause in most of coaches contracts that they can withold salary if a coach is named in an investigation. It doesn`t mean they will do it but have that option. If any income is witheld and coach cleared or charges dropped, all the witheld money is then paid. That is in all of the football coaches contracts and probably in all sports related contracts.

Cothron was a partial qualifier and Auburn by SEC rule doesn`t admit partial qualifiers. No disrespect to Mr. Jackson and Komaro but I doubt they told the whole story; especially about the salary reduction in the contract.

Has anybody thought Komara is the one with an agenda here.....I'm sorry about his son but if this man had brought as much trouble to Alabama as he has to Auburn ..He would be run out of the state on a rail o rin prison :believe:

Just a thought, but don't you think there is a reason AU wants nothing to do with a guy who is ready to sue them at the drop of a hat? Sucks for his kid, but AU wants zero connection with this guy. Barbee needs to catch the clue train on this one or find another job. The future of AU basketball is not on the ledge because it fell off the cliff years ago. If he doesn't want to build a program the right way within the rules, then hit the road... 

the timing of this on the eve of November signing period is very suspicious

I agree.  I think this Komara scum bag is taking it to the media to hurt AU because he is butt-hurt about his son.  This reminds me of the Ramsey tapes coming out one a week before each Auburn game to cause the maximum damage.

I have it on a contact that is about as close to the situation as can be... (works in the office), that Barbee and staff are currently happy at Auburn...

I certainly hope this is correct. If he were unhappy and decided to leave less than 12 months on the job might be a blow that the program would never recover from.

WDE!

I have to believe that he is happy here and satisfied to an extent.  Why else would he be giving interviews about the program like he has been.  I just don't see him being so positive about AU like he was for Midnight Madness, and being miserable privately.

Maybe that's just me.

:wedance:

Just a thought, but don't you think there is a reason AU wants nothing to do with a guy who is ready to sue them at the drop of a hat? Sucks for his kid, but AU wants zero connection with this guy. Barbee needs to catch the clue train on this one or find another job. The future of AU basketball is not on the ledge because it fell off the cliff years ago. If he doesn't want to build a program the right way within the rules, then hit the road... 

Funny...sad...and true.

Hope all is well in the bball program though. Sure would suck to build a new arena a stink in it for the next decade

I have it on a contact that is about as close to the situation as can be... (works in the office), that Barbee and staff are currently happy at Auburn...

Finalizing and signing his contract would go a long way toward calming this down.

I don't think Barbee will leave anytime soon even if he isn't the happiest man alive. Think about how much it could harm his personal career to just leave a program hanging because he didn't like the challenge. Where would he go if he just left?

I don't see it happening.

Rivals has an article up that says it's close to being a done deal. 6yrs at $1.5 million per year. The clause that would reduce/suspend his pay if there is a NCAA investigation has been removed. There are other minor things to work out but a final deal is close. Barbee says he and Jacobs are on the same page.

Yep.  They are very close to a deal which is wonderful news.  I believe this means everyone's atleast moving toward being on the same page.  As I said before, the D@G guys over on Rivals were blowing things out of proportion.  Yes, there were (and may still be) some pretty big issues, but they were also fixable and not near as bad as made out to be by those guys.

Yep.  They are very close to a deal which is wonderful news.  I believe this means everyone's atleast moving toward being on the same page.  As I said before, the D@G guys over on Rivals were blowing things out of proportion.  Yes, there were (and may still be) some pretty big issues, but they were also fixable and not near as bad as made out to be by those guys.

sounds great. I`m just guessing that the clause in the football coaches contracts comes out at renewal time if not before. That`s just speculation on my part.

I still don't understand why we are stiffing Komaro kid and why Tony hasn't signed his contract. What's going with the powers that be?

I still don't understand why we are stiffing Komaro kid and why Tony hasn't signed his contract. What's going with the powers that be?

Why does everyone want to blame the powers that be for everything? It could be Barbee`s lawyers or most anything. They are nearing completition of the contract and getting it signed. Maybe we should all turn down the noise a little and let it happen. I wish I knew the whole story on the Komara kid but I don`t and won`t speculate based on a rivals posters claims.

From my understanding, its not a part of the football coaches contracts. I may be wrong though. I thought this was something new the powers were trying. A pretty much unprecedented clause in college sports.

• 1 month later...

has he signed the contract yet????

From my understanding, its not a part of the football coaches contracts. I may be wrong though. I thought this was something new the powers were trying. A pretty much unprecedented clause in college sports.

Hey growlin; I went back and found my info on the coaches contracts. Was in "The Auburn Beat" from the Anniston Star in Sept, 2009. In does say that Auburn may withhold any salary if a coach is accused or under investigation for violations. It is apparently not an absolute but can be done or could be at that time. If no violations are found, any and all money is then paid to the coach in question. I hope this has been changed.

has he signed the contract yet????

bump

Archived