Tyler Hayes 2012

AUFAN1972

Yep, Rivals just updated his interest in Alabama to HIGH. They usually do this when a guy commits and they are waiting on enough confirmation. They did the same thing with Matt Jones, the RB that just committed to UF.

And here's the article...

http://alabama.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1189065&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

I'm guessing he is being recruited as a lb?

Yeah. He'll be a Top 3 in-state LB. Likely 4*. Bama's class is already on the verge of amazing. At least 5, maybe 6 four stars already

I know the bama staff is telling people this is going to be their best class ever.  They also think they are going to clean up in state for 2012.  I think they are right on the former but the latter is up in the air.  But AU has a formidable task in front of it.  But one this staff is up for IMO. 

AL.COM just posted that Hayes gave his verbal commitment today to Bama. Yet another LB prospect for them. I wonder how this will affect Kwon Alexander's decision. Also more competition for Calloway.

I'm guessing he is being recruited as a lb?

Yeah. He'll be a Top 3 in-state LB. Likely 4*. Bama's class is already on the verge of amazing. At least 5, maybe 6 four stars already

I know the bama staff is telling people this is going to be their best class ever.  They also think they are going to clean up in state for 2012.  I think they are right on the former but the latter is up in the air.  But AU has a formidable task in front of it.  But one this staff is up for IMO. 

Recruiting is gonna be fun this year. Huge prospects in state this year, and bama is jumping on them early. It's time for Auburn to throw the next punch now.

Sabahr is to linebackers what bobby petrino is with wrs.  They both have way too many for even a quarter of them to ever see the field.  The difference is petrino hasn't begun to cut his yet.

This has to help us with Kwon Alexander. They've got so many Linebackers out there it's insane. If Kwon comes out here, he'll play for championships immediately.

AL.COM just posted that Hayes gave his verbal commitment today to Bama. Yet another LB prospect for them. I wonder how this will affect Kwon Alexander's decision. Also more competition for Calloway.

Calloway will be a safety there. He will be the replacement after Barron Leaves.

Calloway will be a safety there. He will be the replacement after Barron Leaves.

Clinton-Dix, Eddie Williams, and Jarrick Williams will have something to say about that

Bama is playing their cards with the two commitments today....Hayes is a LB and the other guy is a RB but bama is claiming they are both committed as athletes...why is this important? because they do not want these early commits to have an effect on other 'LBs' and 'RBs' on their list.....IMO

Bama is being sneaking with the two commitments today....Hayes is a LB and the other guy is a RB but bama is claiming they are both committed at athletes...why is this important? because they do not want these early commits to have an effect on other 'LBs' and 'RBs' on their list.....IMO

Other Bama people are saying Hayes will play LB and Drake will likely play WR or even DB

AL.com article on Drake says he talked to Smart and Saban by phone and that Saban spent 10 minutes discussing what "commitment" means and how important it is to honor it. Guess I can't blame him after this year.

AL.com article on Drake says he talked to Smart and Saban by phone and that Saban spent 10 minutes discussing what "commitment" means and how important it is to honor it. Guess I can't blame him after this year.

If Saban wasn't such a hypocrite with other schools and his own players, then I wouldn't blame him either. However, being the man that he is, I can certainly blame him.

Agreed. Just saying that after seeing two of his top prospects that had been committed or essentially committed for over a year commit to his arch rival on national T.V. it probably leads to some focus about "commitment". I just love seeing Nicki sweat.

Agreed. Just saying that after seeing two of his top prospects that had been committed or essentially committed for over a year commit to his arch rival on national T.V. it probably leads to some focus about "commitment". I just love seeing Nicki sweat.

You and me both sir.

I think Darryl Collins, Burton Scott, Petey Smith, etc should have an opportunity to speak with Saban for 10 minutes about what a commitment means.

Daryl Collins, yes. But you can't blame Saban for the other two. If they played to their potential, they would see the field. Saban doesn't play underachieving players

I think Darryl Collins, Burton Scott, Petey Smith, etc should have an opportunity to speak with Saban for 10 minutes about what a commitment means.

I think they just wanted more playing time than they were going to get so they went somewhere else.  This will happen to us in the near future with the players that we are stock piling. Some of the highly rated players just may not buy into the program and will be riding the pine, and most of these guys have never sit the bench, and have been told their entire life how good they were. There is a big adjustment to make when jumping to the SEC level.  Almost everybody on the field was the best player at their high-school and now they are just another freshmen. 

Daryl Collins, yes. But you can't blame Saban for the other two. If they played to their potential, they would see the field. Saban doesn't play underachieving players

True, but it's up to the coaches to be able to motivate players to reach their potential.  This is the area where Saban is most lacking.

Some guys have never had to be motivated and also have not had to develop a hard work ethic.  This really shows at the SEC level of play.  If you don't work hard you will be on the pine. 

Bama is playing their cards with the two commitments today....Hayes is a LB and the other guy is a RB but bama is claiming they are both committed as athletes...why is this important? because they do not want these early commits to have an effect on other 'LBs' and 'RBs' on their list.....IMO

Watch Drakes youtube video. The kid might be able to play a little RB for us in Gus's system, but at UA he is def a slot receiver. He is speedy and has long strides but lacks the balance in his cuts to be a great between the tackles back that Saban prefers.

Clinton-Dix, Eddie Williams, and Jarrick Williams will have something to say about that

Don't forget Nick Perry, their other top safety who signed w/ Williams last year.

Archived