Rivals, Scout, or ESPN?

ATLAUB

Guest simonsez

In my mind any site that doesnt consider JUCOs in the recruiting rankings is a joke.  I know ESPN doesnt count JUCOs.  Not sure about scout

1.  Auburn Eagle

2.  Rivals

3.  ESPN

4.  Scout

This ^^

What recruiting service do you think is the best/ most accurate/ most reliable when it comes to prospect ratings and information?

This is really a two part question. Because the range of Auburn Eagle is so much smaller than the recruiting giants, it's really unfair to compare us to them as far as prospect ratings, so for that part of the question, I, like everyone else has been saying, would put rivals ahead of ESPN, but only slightly, while I pretty much disregard scout's ratings. The first two use professional scouts to rate players, so they are right more often than not. Scout's system seems to be more of a hype machine than anything else to me.

Now, with regards to information, I guarantee you'll not find a better board than Auburn Eagle, and it's completely free here. ST and Mayor do a great job of providing prospect updates, several of the rest of the staff (and even a couple of members) have developed a reputation for being informed when it comes to recruiting, and to top it off, Kiehl Frazier's father is a VIP member here. You aren't going to get a much more inside source than that.

I get on my friend's account for ESPN and I get more information on here than I do with them. I think ESPN would be good if you wanted more than just college football (pro sports).

Player ratings: Rivals slightly edging ESPN, but they have been doing this a lot longer. Both are good.

Player info (videos): Rivals

Player info (general recruiting, info, stats, etc...): AE

Rivals

Espn

Scout

As far as info goes AE is very good.

I agree with this. I think 24/7 will overtake Rivals in popularity pretty soon. Once they get a "Main board" it will overtake it.

I personally have an ESPN subscription, mostly for the magazine,  and I never go on there to check anything except for the rumors section. It usually just does not have any information that is actually needed or important. Everything I have ever read on there I will forget almost as soon as I am finished.

Archived