National championship ticket

dizzard42

Your best bet is to get on Ebay....unless you have a person friend who contributes to TUF that might not want their tickets, you are probably going to have to purchase them on the secondary market, and they are not cheap!

Many people told me for the SECCG that there were more people looking to purchase tickets outside of the stadium that people selling tickets.  I think you are going to have a similar supply/demand issue with the BCS game.

As I posted in another location on these boards:  I may be a fool, but I plan on taking my son to Glendale on a wing and a prayer that we can get tickets at the game.  He has worked his butt off in school towards his ME degree, and deserves a break and reward.  Are there others going in this situation?  If so, and we can't get tickets, is there a place we can get together to watch the game and cheer on our team to victory, even if from a distance? Or am I the only idiot?

Just because you give to the TUF doesn't mean you get tickets.  We are season ticket holder and we found out yesterday you have to be in the $10,000 donation range to order thru Auburn......we are out of luck!!!!    :'(

As I posted in another location on these boards:  I may be a fool, but I plan on taking my son to Glendale on a wing and a prayer that we can get tickets at the game.  He has worked his butt off in school towards his ME degree, and deserves a break and reward.  Are there others going in this situation?  If so, and we can't get tickets, is there a place we can get together to watch the game and cheer on our team to victory, even if from a distance? Or am I the only idiot?

I'm preparing to go without tickets if my contacts around here don't produce anything.

I think I'll end up with a ticket or two from the school...but have 4 in my "party".

If my couple from the school don't work out, I'm going without and figuring it out when I get there.

You have to remember...the SECCG is always packed out for Auburn.  There are TONS of Auburn Alumni in the area...on that particular day, if they had nothing better to do, why not ride over to the dome and try getting in.

Arizona is a different story.  Not a whole lot of fans from either Auburn or Oregon are paying the substantial price tag to go there and stay there without tickets.

I honestly think there will be plenty of tickets there.  I've spent time the last few days reading experiences of others in our shoes (fans of Oklahoma, Ohio St., Texas, Florida, Bama, etc.) on message boards and what they experienced at the game.  To a T, they ALL said there were tickest available at the stadium.  Every single site had mention of "hundred dollar handshakes", etc.  Remember, bowl and championship games are HUGELY corporate influenced...this results in tickets getting in the hands of scalpers.  If I'm going to pay scalper price, why not pay scalper price there, and risk getting a good deal.  Right now, there isn't a good deal to be had.  People are SCARED TO DEATH of getting out there without a ticket and this fear is absolutely driving the market to explode.  It's ridiculous.  I've been to nearly every sporting event possible, and I've never seen people paying $700+ to sit in the upper deck to see anything...NEVER.

I went to the SECG under the assumption that I could pick up a couple of tickets reasonable.  I was wrong, after filtering through many counterfeits, I finally found 2 for $625.  I made the guy selling the tickets walk to the gate with me to verify that they were real.  Enjoyed the game!!!

I bit the bullet and paid the price on stub hub.  The fact that Glendale only seats 63,000 and the Rose Bowl last year sat 96,000 makes me think that prices will not fall.  May be wrong, though.  Good luck to all.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived