Christian Westerman to AU!

tiger241345162816

Noel, Did he announce early?  Your post was before his planned announcement.

Do you have a link or a source on the announcement?  I don't doubt that he announced for AU, I'm just curious about your post time?  :dunno:

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 6'5 290 pound native of Chandler Arizona Christian Westerman Swapped his pledge from Texas to AU today.

Westerman Committed to the Longhorns way back on April 6th, but wasn't happy with Texas' season or with the departure of most of the coaching staff.

This is a huge pick-for the Auburn coaching staff, once again proving they can recruit nationally and they are never out of it for any prospect. 

Westerman is the #3 OT and number 27 player overall according to Rivals.

He is the #1 OG and a 5* according to scout.

Westerman had many other offers including Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, and Florida.

The nation's No. 3 offensive tackle, four-star Christian Westerman, will sign with Auburn, he announced Friday at Hamilton High School in Chandler, Ariz.

Westerman, 6-foot-5, 290 pounds, had been committed to signing with Texas since April.

Westerman's decision to change his commitment comes five weeks after an official visit to Auburn and 12 days until Signing Day. The top-ranked prospect from Arizona began wavering on his pledge to the Longhorns after Texas lost seven games in 2010, its offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator and offensive line coach.

"That changes up a lot of things," Westerman said in December.

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1179258

This site was incredibly lagged there for about 10-15 minutes, just saying.

War-Eagle! I was listening to Rivals Radio this morning and heard a Rivals guys say that Westerman was leaning our way (No kidding, we have been on this one for a couple of months.). Then he went on to say that Westerman was not very impressive at the UA practices and game. They guy said he struggled with the competition. It sounded a little like their turn about on Calloway. If Rivals keeps it up, our RIVALS better look out. The Sleeping Bear is Alive and Well on the Plains and these kids will be even more motivated to show their stuff. Coach Grimes will coach these kids up! These kids are coming to AU to feel a part of a Family, a Team and an Atmosphere that wants to improve. The kids we sign and the ones we have are not a finished product. Auburn is not finished with the 2010 National Championship either. We are hungry for many more. Bring it on. WDE and welcome Mr. Westerman!

#8 in Rivals and #7 in Scouts. Rivals guys said this morning on XM that Auburn could be heading to #1!

#9 on ESPN. As the points are right now we only need 2 more commitments to move up to #2 on Scout.

We're the only school with less than twenty commits in the top ten on all three major recruiting websites. I say we finish somewhere in the top three on Rivals and possibly finish as high as first on ESPN and Scout. The final ranking updates on Rivals hurt us a little bit because not only did a few players not get bumped up like we expected but a few were bumped down. We still gained about fifteen points overall but were expecting more. We still have a decent shot at being ranked first on Rivals as well. War Eagle!

No worries. Titles are won on the field with players who believe what the coaches preach and not what some rating service believes. I believe these coaches are tremendous builders of men with character. Once they believe and start rowing in the same direction, they are tough to beat!

Let me give ya'll a little take on Rivals guys...

Disclaimer: I know Jeff L and Justin H and consider them to be solid at their craft.

We were at the Elite 11 regional and Nike Camp in Fort Worth TX on the campus of TCU.

Tom Lugenbill, who i consider a good friend, and I were standing on the sidelines watching Kiehl work.

There was a guy from Rivals standing there and heard us talking. He turns around and starts explaining to us who Kiehl was. I'm easily unrecognizable, but Tom Lugenbill?!? And this guy was supposed to be in the business! We just let him carry on and said thanks. Then he turns around, with a smirk that remided me of Barney Fife and says..."If ya'll need to know anything else I'll be around".

The point I'm making is that most of these guys...and I do mean most...would not have a job in journalism, much less football analysis if it wasn't for the hunger for news among football fans, and the lack of qualified people to fill those positions. Not to be mean, but if you look at most of them, you would know that if you threw them a pair of football pants and pads they wouldn't understand where the butt pad went and if the round or flat part of the knee pads went on top or on bottom.

Take what they say with a grain of salt. There are very few QUALIFIED "analyst" that work for these services that are able to evaluate players

Archived