Christian Westerman to AU!

tiger241345162816

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is waiting to see what happens in regards to the new coaching staff at Texas and in the meantime taking visits to see if he fits in somewhere else just in case he's not pleased with the new hires.

Just heard a caller on FB say there is talk on Houston radio about posible ncaa rules violations at UT. TIFWIW

heard the same thing on TD

Just remember. TD said AU was going to get kicked out of the SEC. lol

Just heard a caller on FB say there is talk on Houston radio about posible ncaa rules violations at UT. TIFWIW

haha their hit and miss i guess.

haha their hit and miss i guess.

No their s..t at and hit. LOL!

Something major will need to happen at Texas for Westerman to back out of his commitment.

A number of their staff resigning or leaving was not something major?

Auburn has two things in their corner: great coaching staff at AU and no position coach at UT. The longer UT drags their feet, the better chance AU has to form a great relationship.

Auburn has two things in their corner: great coaching staff at AU and no position coach at UT. The longer UT drags their feet, the better chance AU has to form a great relationship.

Would we take both him and Collins? Or be happy just stealing one of them and be done?

Would we take both him and Collins? Or be happy just stealing one of them and be done?

Collins is higher on the board but AU will have to wait and see because of the numbers problem. AU is in a good position right now because they get to pick and choose who they want. They have a lot of recruits that wanna come on board but they are being very selective right now.

Something major will need to happen at Texas for Westerman to back out of his commitment.

Mack Brown to Texas is like Nick Saban to Alabama. The kids that sign up to play at Texas sign up for Mack Brown. The position coaches are more like icing on the cake. Westerman likes Texas and Mack Brown, and in my opinion, unless something happens to Mack Brown or if Texas picks up any other top OL recruits then Westerman will stay committed to Texas. I'd love to be wrong here.

As far as Collins goes, I don't know how hard we're recruiting him. Part of the reason why Greg Robinson committed to Auburn was because he wants to stay at LT and doesn't want to be stuck behind a very talented guy like Collins. The only way I see Auburn heavily recruiting Collins is if that report is false.

Mack Brown to Texas is like Nick Saban to Alabama. The kids that sign up to play at Texas sign up for Mack Brown. The position coaches are more like icing on the cake. Westerman likes Texas and Mack Brown, and in my opinion, unless something happens to Mack Brown or if Texas picks up any other top OL recruits then Westerman will stay committed to Texas. I'd love to be wrong here.

As far as Collins goes, I don't know how hard we're recruiting him. Part of the reason why Greg Robinson committed to Auburn was because he wants to stay at LT and doesn't want to be stuck behind a very talented guy like Collins. The only way I see Auburn heavily recruiting Collins is if that report is false.

anyway our coaches are telling Robinson he will play guard?

Robinson is a very versatile lineman. He can play any position. He is being recruited as a versatile lineman and more than likely playing Guard.

I can't figure out Jonesy's avatar.  Is he:

A. Ernest Hemingway

B. Kenny Rodgers (singer not the other guy)

C. The most interesting man in the world

D. none of the above, that is actually Jonesy

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

I can't figure out Jonesy's avatar.  Is he:

A. Ernest Hemingway

B. Kenny Rodgers (singer not the other guy)

C. The most interesting man in the world

D. none of the above, that is actually Jonesy

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

That would be option C.

here's the one problem with the Westerman, Texas, Mack Brown stuff you said above.....he is from Arizona, not texas. Guys that "sign up" to play for UT are typically the in-state crowd that grew up dreaming of playing for UT. Christian isn't in that mold. He has a much higher chance of being swayed IMO, particularly with him having his grandparents in lake martin, and family in Birmingham and Turd-town also.

here's the one problem with the Westerman, Texas, Mack Brown stuff you said above.....he is from Arizona, not texas. Guys that "sign up" to play for UT are typically the in-state crowd that grew up dreaming of playing for UT. Christian isn't in that mold. He has a much higher chance of being swayed IMO, particularly with him having his grandparents in lake martin, and family in Birmingham and Turd-town also.

We will just have to see. Like ST said, this visit will have to be HUGE.

Kk, im aware of where he's from and where his extended family live. You know that, lol.

I stand by what I said. He will be tough to sway.

I also talked to greg's family. He wants to play tackle.  Im confident.

Archived