Auburn vs. Presbyterian

AuburnBasketball

AU has the ball with 15 secs left, down by 2.. Pres missed a free throw at the other end to put them up by 3 with a shot at the bonus if they made it..

62 59 Final. AU loses.. Nice comeback, but couldn't pull it off.. The had a chance with 6 seconds but missed the layup, and Pres ended it on free throws.

Im sorry but how does a school like PC beat Auburn? They are in Newberry SC where there is nothing to do and a god forsaken place to live, much less attract any recruits for BB or football

Im sorry but how does a school like PC beat Auburn? They are in Newberry SC where there is nothing to do and a god forsaken place to live, much less attract any recruits for BB or football

There isn't a whole lot of talent on this team.. Pick any team you want and most of these guys would see very little playing time.. They play hard though, so you can't hold that against them...Most teams this untalented would pack it in after getting down by 21, but they fought back and lost by 3.

This may be the worst AU basketball team ever. That is saying something.

I wouldn't say that. They are probably a couple of players away from being pretty good.. They may not have a ton of talent or win a lot of games, but they aren't embarrassing themselves.

Auburn's just having a nightmare season so far. I feel bad for the team and the coaches.

No need to feel bad. They just have to learn how to win, just like the football team had to learn in 08 and 09..

Btw, I am anything but a basketball fan, but I do enjoy having the games on in the back ground while I'm trying to work..

I am one who never bashes  but one word LEBO

I am one who never bashes  but one word LEBO

I have to totally agree.  Lebo left the cupboard bare for Barbee.  He is doing a great job with what he inherited.  Give him time to get his players in here and then you can see what he can do.  This will be a very bad season, I am sure.  Once SEC play begins it will get ugly.  Just know that great things are around the corner for Auburn BB. 

It may take 2-3 years, but Barbee will have us on top.

:wedance:

I was there until the bitter end for my first basketball game. If they would have played the first ten minutes like they did the rest of the game, they would have won. It was an ugly slow start, but they woke up half way thru the first half. The new arena looks great and we'll come around. War Eagle!!

Just to let you know, PC is actually in Clinton, SC which is about 30 miles west of Newberry. The football team sucks but the bball team is usually competitive. It's a very pretty campus and was used for the college shots in the movie Sleeping with the Enemy. I don't know if I would call it a Godforsaken place to live, but you are correct in stating that there is nothing to do. 

Just to let you know, PC is actually in Clinton, SC which is about 30 miles west of Newberry. The football team sucks but the bball team is usually competitive. It's a very pretty campus and was used for the college shots in the movie Sleeping with the Enemy. I don't know if I would call it a Godforsaken place to live, but you are correct in stating that there is nothing to do. 

Clinton, really? Thats even worse...Im in Greenville and know alot of people that went to PC and again dont mean to offend them but there is now way a school like Auburn, size, facilities, program should ever be this bad...We have tickets for when they come to USC..Cant wait to see the pay back they get for the SECCG

No problem, I wasn't offended. I have a degree from PC so that's why I posted. I really believe that Barbee will have AU competing for championships one day, but it will take time. War Eagle!

Archived