AUBURN vs. Oregon’s depth chart.

AUmind

I agree Masoli may not be the best indicator. It seems like QBs are interchangeable in Kelly's offense.

I'm never one to be overly optimistic... But our OL vs their DL looks to be a mismatch. It seems like Ziemba and co. should toss them around like ragdolls. And if we keep the ball on the ground and chew up clock, we control the tempo and keep their offense off the field.

I agree Masoli may not be the best indicator. It seems like QBs are interchangeable in Kelly's offense.

I'm never one to be overly optimistic... But our OL vs their DL looks to be a mismatch. It seems like Ziemba and co. should toss them around like ragdolls. And if we keep the ball on the ground and chew up clock, we control the tempo and keep their offense off the field.

Their OL weights appear to be a bit trumped up, quite honestly. I looked them up on rivals and only one of the linemen were listed at over 300 lbs, the others looked like the linemen Tony Franklin employs.

That, to me, is the bigger deal. Short of putting Troy Polomalu and Ray Lewis in there, I don't see their defense being able to consistently stop us regardless of personnel. No one in the SEC did, and does anyone really think there are better defenses out there?

No, I don't think they are used to seeing players on the other side of the line who are this big, fast, athletic, and physical, and I think that's going to disrupt their offensive flow significantly. That'll be the biggest key to the game, IMO: can we get a push up front and get in their backfield without blitzing linebackers and exposing ourselves to draws and screens? If so, I expect we'll be rocking and rolling up and down Glendale.

Auburn has gone against speed many times so it is the scheme of Oregon we have to mitigate at the line of scrimmage, Their DLine is small overall, but they switch out a lot and it has done a decent job this year.

Auburn has the talent, the ability and coaching to control this game and win big, but execution, focus and a couple of bounces our way need to happen. If we play like we did in SECCG minus the lull in 2nd qtr we will win.

Containment of their outside game is important and will go a long way in holding them a few times. Oregon speed is nothing special as that is common in SEC. Auburn by 17+

Oregon has good team speed, but where they excel is in running an up tempo offense and catching defenses out of position, especially in the second half when fatigue become a factor.  The IB play where Julio was not covered and WALKED into the end zone untouched comes to mind.  I think our size and strength will allow us to shut down Oregon's running game, but our DBs have got to 'step up' and play well.  Oregon does not have a 6'-5" receiver with a 48" vertical leap, which should help with the match ups, but they MUST turn their heads and look for the ball!

Archived