Info on suspension of Chubb

llthejoker

Hope they don't kick him off the team .

Couldn't he just run some laps or something ? Give him a good talking to. He obviously was over served.

He's 6' 10 ' .Scored 18 on South Carolina .Please don't kick him off ,coach.

Put some Neosporin on those police wounds , kick him in the ass ,and get him back out there.

Hope they don't kick him off the team .

Couldn't he just run some laps or something ? Give him a good talking to. He obviously was over served.

He's 6' 10 ' .Scored 18 on South Carolina .Please don't kick him off ,coach.

Put some Neosporin on those police wounds , kick him in the ass ,and get him back out there.

I have to fully disagree. Honestly how hard is it to not get arrested these days?  Just don't do something dumb and you don't have to suffer for it.

I disagree completely. Sure, if we let him back on the team, the short term gain would be nice, but we would suffer long term. If players think they can get drunk, assault and injure a police officer, and get arrested, and keep playing like nothing happened, how do you think they will act? I promise you if a football player did that, he would be off the team, bar none. If he comes back Barbee better have a damn good reason for it imho

I disagree completely. Sure, if we let him back on the team, the short term gain would be nice, but we would suffer long term. If players think they can get drunk, assault and injure a police officer, and get arrested, and keep playing like nothing happened, how do you think they will act? I promise you if a football player did that, he would be off the team, bar none. If he comes back Barbee better have a damn good reason for it imho

Assualt was not mentioned nor was anything about the officer being injured. Glad I don`t have to rely on you to have my back. A college student being drunk and trying to not be arrested is not new news. Nor is it for athletes. I have enough confidence in the coaches who know more about this than I do to make the right decisions about it. I`m sorry for the kid but at the same time, he created the situation. I can wait to see what happens myself.

My question is this - The Police Officer that was injured was this due to tackling Chubb and taking him to the ground?

If Chubb was running from him and he gets tackled on the concrete by an overzealous cop, technically he is resisting.

However, I think there is a difference between taking a swing at a cop , and running from one.  The resisting charge could be trumped up, and just a pile on charge. Judging by Rob's face he definitely ate a concrete sandwich.

http://wareagleextra.blogspot.com/2011/02/suspended-center-rob-chubb-was-arrested.html

"Police say he also resisted arrest. Injuries were reported for both he and an officer. Chubb had bloody scrapes on his forehead and nose in his police mugshot."

Next time, please do your research before you call me out. Thanks

Good post fish.

Wow, I'm starting to feel really bad for Barbee. When is the last time a coach had to deal with as many problems and setbacks in one season as him?

This is the first incident like this under Barbee(hopefully the last). He has to make a statement with this one that this will not be tolerated. You don't want to give the impression that you don't have control of your kids or that you are a slap on the wrist kind of coach. That's bad PR. Chubb made a mistake based on what's being reported and the action that Barbee took against him. He made this bed so he has to sleep in it. I feel bad for him but this is the way of the world. You make a mistake, you pay the price.

I agree, I think he has to go. I just cant see how this will turn out in the favor of Chubb.

http://wareagleextra.blogspot.com/2011/02/suspended-center-rob-chubb-was-arrested.html

"Police say he also resisted arrest. Injuries were reported for both he and an officer. Chubb had bloody scrapes on his forehead and nose in his police mugshot."

No problem there fish; the article didn`t mention those issues. Saw that later. I wasn`t totally informed. Thanks for updating me.

wow, i dont think you kick him to the curb for one screw up. but he is on a choke collar and might not play for a while. unless you need the roster spot for next year. a lot to consider, but too bad it happens right after a promising performance. too bad ctb has this to deal with.

Regardless if he's a bad seed or a good kid who made a stupid mistake, I'm just not sure Chubb is an SEC caliber center.  I have been to 5 or 6 games this year and the size/ strength difference between our "big" guys and others around the SEC is obvious.  Chubb seems to play hard and has improved some over the season, but more often than not his competition is considerably stronger and more agressive than him.  At times he looks very uncomfortable with the ball and unsure of what he wants to do with it. 

I think this arrest will make Barbee's cuts decision much easier. 

No problem there fish; the article didn`t mention those issues. Saw that later. I wasn`t totally informed. Thanks for updating me.

It's all good man. Trust me, I wouldn't say something like that unless I knew what was going on. I'm all for the benefit of the doubt

Archived