When Will They Stop Trying?

casatiger

Would someone please explain to me what this rumor about the NCAA and another school is all about? I realize I should be in the know on it, but I don't have a clue to any of the details. I wouldn't mind seeing a thread devoted to that topic alone. Sorry if this comment is misplaced, I'm just really confused and would like some enlightenment on the whole thing if possible.

Would someone please explain to me what this rumor about the NCAA and another school is all about? I realize I should be in the know on it, but I don't have a clue to any of the details. I wouldn't mind seeing a thread devoted to that topic alone. Sorry if this comment is misplaced, I'm just really confused and would like some enlightenment on the whole thing if possible.

The thread is on the college football board.

As long as Auburn is winning consistently, the negative media especially within the state of Alabama will continue.

So is slimebaum commenting on the "tapes" today? My innernet antivermin program will not allow me to listen to him. Maybe someone else is. If so, what's he saying today?

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Just in case you don't want to go thread hunting. . . bottom line is this- on the Herd it was announced that there would soon be  a top 10-12 football program in serious trouble and the hammer would drop.  "Not Auburn" were words used in this announcement.  I think most of us are hoping it will be UAT.  But so far, no news on this bombshell the NCAA is supposed to drop.

As long as Auburn is winning consistently, the negative media especially within the state of Alabama will continue.

Beat me to it Stat.

Yeah so I just spent an hour of my time I'll never get back at TigerDroppings (somebody please remind me not to do that anymore), reading this insane thread titled "As the Barn Burns" or some other pearl-like-sounding gem of pseudo bayou wisdom.  It named all the major "players" and FBI crap this and NCAA crap that and wire taps, etc, etc.  Anyway, after the grand presentation of all the "facts", fans of every school you could name were jumping on the "I hope Auburn burns in hell" band-wagon....curiously enough, even an SMU fan.  Is that not rich?  An SMU fan talking about somebody violating rules.  These goons seem to think Auburn will lose accreditation, get kicked out of the SEC and are basically like some sort of mafia.  Colonial Bank, Milton McGregor, Jay Jacobs, Pat Dye, YellaWood.....on and on.  Seriously?  What the crap?  All on account of getting some JUCO kid that slipped up and won the Heisman and coming, almost out of the blue, and winning the whole enchilada.  Laughably, CGC, according to this trash, is ignorant and in denial and has no idea any of this is going on.

And after reading all this incredible crap, I was thinking to myself, "Do people really think there are that many big names associated with our fine university that are that incredibly stupid?"

Is this what you get for being successful?  Is this the price?  No "well done" or "great job"?  No "congratulations"?    We get our beloved gathering place poisoned by some rube who probably can't even spell his last name and our academic and athletic name dragged through the mud.  All on account of winning.  Just a big dog-pile on Auburn.

Oh well, like another poster said:  Get used to it.  Hopefully, I'll never have the misfortune of stumbling onto Tiger Droppings again.  What a waste of time.  From what I gathered, this was all posted in November 2010 and the hammer was supposedly gonna fall within days.  Well nutjobs, we're still waiting almost 4 months later.

WDE. 

I'm just mystified by all the hate those posters have put into that thread. Hating that hard takes a lot of time and energy. Too bad they haven't put some of that misguided fervor into making the world a better place to live instead of sitting behind a computer spewing lies and venom about people and places they don't even know. What a sad and pathetic waste of resources.

Haven't ya'll heard, as soon as we bring home the crystal football we're going to start getting a lot of respect. The media is going to love  us and write all kinds of wonderful things about us and rank us in the top 5 every pre-season. We're going to be media darlings.

I'm just mystified by all the hate those posters have put into that thread. Hating that hard takes a lot of time and energy. Too bad they haven't put some of that misguided fervor into making the world a better place to live instead of sitting behind a computer spewing lies and venom about people and places they don't even know. What a sad and pathetic waste of resources.

That crossed my mind too.  Some person spent all that time compiling all that crap.....don't they have a job or something to go to?

That crossed my mind too.  Some person spent all that time compiling all that crap.....don't they have a job or something to go to?

Obviously they have empty lives, and football is way too important to them in their limited world. Their frame of reference is bent from having nothing else to feel passionate about in life....just like that Updyke loser.

When will they stop trying? When will Auburn have a losing season? I hope never? We are king, hear the Tiger roar. They fear this Tiger called Auburn football. They will not stop until we are not on top.

When will they stop trying? When will Auburn have a losing season? I hope never? We are king, hear the Tiger roar. They fear this Tiger called Auburn football. They will not stop until we are not on top.

We will find peace when we leave the SEC.

We will find peace when we leave the SEC.

Auburn, a founding member of the SEC, is not leaving the conference.

In the last 20 years the Auburn alumni and fanbase has grown dramatically.  Our 2010 National Championship alone will create a group of young fans all over the country that will grow up remembering Cam Newton and the 2010 Auburn Tigers.  Over the next 20 years, I believe this state (AL) will continue to see a demographic shift.  Let's face it, in 20 years a lot of the influential UAT fanbase will be dead.  I believe we have a younger and more progressive fanbase that will continue to grow.  We have a very special alumni group that is part of a very special university.  The future looks bright. 

In the last 20 years the Auburn alumni and fanbase has grown dramatically.  Our 2010 National Championship alone will create a group of young fans all over the country that will grow up remembering Cam Newton and the 2010 Auburn Tigers.   Over the next 20 years, I believe this state (AL) will continue to see a demographic shift.  Let's face it, in 20 years a lot of the influential UAT fanbase will be dead.  I believe we have a younger and more progressive fanbase that will continue to grow.  We have a very special alumni group that is part of a very special university.  The future looks bright. 

Well said casatiger although I am one of those really old AU fans/supporters who may not be around in 20 years as well.

By the way the team Cowherd was referring too was Oregon.  They are under investigation for recruiting practices involving these 3rd parties.  I hope we sever ties with all these street agents before this gets ugly.  Also the truth begin over signing is all schools do it.  We do it and have had more over signing lately than the turds.  You have to do this in today's environment because some kids are not going to qualify and some kids are going to switch commitments at the last minute.  Anyone remember this happening lately?  It is a way to make sure we don't get screwed and have a shortage of recruits at the last minute.  Just the way it is nowadays. 

Charlie Dare!!  Thanks for correcting me on that.  I wonder what fish he is?? 

Sucker

By the way the team Cowherd was referring too was Oregon.  They are under investigation for recruiting practices involving these 3rd parties.  I hope we sever ties with all these street agents before this gets ugly.  Also the truth begin over signing is all schools do it.  We do it and have had more over signing lately than the turds.  You have to do this in today's environment because some kids are not going to qualify and some kids are going to switch commitments at the last minute.  Anyone remember this happening lately?  It is a way to make sure we don't get screwed and have a shortage of recruits at the last minute.  Just the way it is nowadays. 

You're getting your info on oversigning mixed up.  Every team may be repsonsible for signing more than 25 NLI's in a season at times, but the real issue is signing more players than you have room on your 85-man roster for.  Auburn hasn't been faced with this yet, so we don't know how they'll handle it.  If you're using the oversigning.com website, look at the Oversigning Cup numbers -- that tells you who the offenders are.

Anyone pointing out how many players Auburn has signed over a number of years without giving you the number of scholarships available when it occured is trying to draw your attention away from the real issue.

Archived