Auburn vs. Arkansas RUBBER GAME

Vandy is the best team in the SEC (besides us). That will be an interesting series. Today was fun. We got the bats going and the pitching was great. Blatt didn't look too hot, but Varny was his usual dominant self, and Wallen (whose new nickname is Mr. BA, fyi) is a monster. After throwing over 4 innings on friday, he came out and threw 2 today to get the win. And remember, he's got a pure sidearm delivery, which is hard to keep up for much more than an inning much less 6 in a weekend. He is a straight beast. He's became my favorite player. Those who haven't seen his delivery yet, go here (http://auburntigers.cstv.com/allaccess/), click on today's highlights, and jump to 13 minutes.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That side arm delivery is getting very popular lately.  The Braves just signed another Aussie side-armer to go with Peter Moylan.  ;D

I'm glad Auburn has a good one. It makes pitching even more fun to watch, and it's just a great weapon to have in the bullpen.

Sunday's game was very entertaining. I can say that now because we won, and I didn't have to watch on that lame Gametracker. :laugh:

:wareagle:

I'd have a hard time putting Vanderbilt and us about Florida who just swept LSU on the road.  I'm not knocking Vandy I just think at home its a winnable series.  Hopefully we could pull a sweep at State or Kentucky like we did last year against UGA, sweeping weak teams is key to winning the West and hosting regionals.

I'd have a hard time putting Vanderbilt and us about Florida who just swept LSU on the road.  I'm not knocking Vandy I just think at home its a winnable series.  Hopefully we could pull a sweep at State or Kentucky like we did last year against UGA, sweeping weak teams is key to winning the West and hosting regionals.

I think Florida is VERY good too and they should have a really intense battle with Vandy to see who wins the East title. And I also think it is IMPERATIVE to win the weekend series against State this weekend. A sweep would be HUGE, but we have to take 2 out of 3. WE are better and we need to show that this weekend.

Archived