hosting our regional for a second yr

could it happen? im gonna wait till halfway through next month to say alot on that but we could host our own regional for a second straight yr? think about it  :cool:

I think the chances of doing that are pretty good. We have a very good starting rotation, although I would still like to see Andrew Morris in there, and we have a potent lineup. We still need to find that guy, besides Ethan Wallen, that can come out and consistently close the door out of the bullpen. We need someone else to take the load off of Wallen. And another thing, we HAVE TO take advantage of the opportunities to blow the game open when they are presented to us. We didn't capitalize on the rbi chances on Friday night and it cost us the game, and it nearly cost us the game yesterday. If we can come up with that big hit when we need it, we can take control of the games early and not have to fight for them at the end. However, we have shown to be very resilient so I have confidence that we can win the close ones that come down to the final innings. All in all, I think we have a very good chance of hosting another regional because our SEC record should be very good, and we should finish with a good RPI. Got a long way to go till then though.

I think the chances of doing that are pretty good. We have a very good starting rotation, although I would still like to see Andrew Morris in there, and we have a potent lineup. We still need to find that guy, besides Ethan Wallen, that can come out and consistently close the door out of the bullpen. We need someone else to take the load off of Wallen. And another thing, we HAVE TO take advantage of the opportunities to blow the game open when they are presented to us. We didn't capitalize on the rbi chances on Friday night and it cost us the game, and it nearly cost us the game yesterday. If we can come up with that big hit when we need it, we can take control of the games early and not have to fight for them at the end. However, we have shown to be very resilient so I have confidence that we can win the close ones that come down to the final innings. All in all, I think we have a very good chance of hosting another regional because our SEC record should be very good, and we should finish with a good RPI. Got a long way to go till then though.

all those points is why i brought that up, and why im saying wait  , till  halfway through next month before we talk of hosting a regional for the second straight yr but its good to think

We have a strong SOS and RPI so if we take care of business in the SEC I think we will inevitably host.  18 SEC wins is usually the key number, i think we could possibly host with 17 this year due to our OOC schedule.  Lets take 2 of 3 from State and keep moving forward

We do not play a series with Fla and that could prove to be significant (them talking 3 from LSU in Baton Rouge was pretty dang impressive).  Taking 2 of 3 in every series gives you 20 conference wins and that should be our goal, home and away.  It will be tough to do that in Columbia and in Baton Rouge and at home against Vandy.  But, take at least 1 in each of those and mix in a few sweeps of some of the lessor teams and that gets you there too.  There is a long way to go but if we can stay healthy, I like our chances for post season play in the SEC and in the NCAA.

:wareagle: 

I also think that with our SOS and RPI rating that we could be guaranteed a regional if we win 17-20 SEC games. However, I also agree with Magic Man that we need to hold off till about the middle of next month before we really discuss this. I also think that the way our offense is currently clicking it makes us a very explosive team. The bullpen pitching has much improved this season from last, but they still have suffered from a lot of inconsistencies. I think we have regional hosting potential, but we'll have to wait and see.

I'm sorry, but I think 20 conference wins is pretty unrealistic for this team, especially when you consider how stacked the SEC is this year. If I'm proved wrong, I'll come back and gladly admit it. While our offense is still pretty dang good, it's not nearly as potent as last year's was, and our bullpen is average at best. These pitchers aren't going to get 10 runs a night like they did last year.

I'll be happy with a winning record in the conference.

I also think that with our SOS and RPI rating that we could be guaranteed a regional if we win 17-20 SEC games. However, I also agree with Magic Man that we need to hold off till about the middle of next month before we really discuss this. I also think that the way our offense is currently clicking it makes us a very explosive team. The bullpen pitching has much improved this season from last, but they still have suffered from a lot of inconsistencies. I think we have regional hosting potential, but we'll have to wait and see.

lets focus on our series against  mississippi state this week, but the big series next weekend against vandy will be a series that tells us alot about our young team,

with coach pawlowiski this team has a no quite attitude, if coach slater was still calling the shots for this team , we would have hung up our boots after the first few weeks, but not with coach pawlowiski, , but with coach slater it was just get a few wins then hope we get into postseason play, coach pawlowiski is here to win championships

Archived