Auburn @ No. 20 Troy

Auburn heads to Troy in the away game of this home and home series, and is looking for the season sweep after being swept by No. 1 Vandy over the weekend. Will Irvin returns to weekday action to take the mound today. I'm off to Troy, go get 'em boys. War Eagle

Fish posted that Will Irvin starts tonight vs Troy.  :)

Go Get 'Em Tigers! We need this win tonight!

BTW...the game is televised on CSS. No Gametracker for me! :yay:

I am beginning to be very concerned about our team. The wheels have come off the AU pitching staff, and the rest of the team seems to be following.

This team is playing in such a dispirited way. Something needs to happen to turn it around ASAP.

Whatever is going on with this team is getting out of control.

Troy is a great team, but Auburn didn't help themselves with poor defense and the inability to get runs home. And the pitching was just a disaster.

This has become painful. I feel awful for these kids, and for the coaches too.

I'm hoping this team just hit rock bottom of this slump/ C'est la vie. Today was rough. The few good things I can take away from this: We have some great young pitchers ready to step in next year in Jay Wade and Chris O'Neal. KP finished 2 for 2 with a homer, so maybe he's starting to get adjusted to the bats. And the biggest thing is, we're still making good contact on the ball. Bad news is FIELDING MUST GET BETTER!!!! 3 errors is being very generous. The real total should be closer to 6. There was one point where Fradejas, CMac, and Creede were coming in for the same fly ball, it fell in between them, then CMac made a throw over Zach's head and allowed a run to score. These are elementary mistakes that just shouldn't be made at the high school level, much less the college one. And 2 out pitching has gotten dreadful. In the last 7 games, we've given up 49 2-out runs.

Is our coaches seat hot at all? I know he is a recent hire and we had a great season last year but we had some incredible talent that werent his recruits.  I'm no expert on baseball so this is why I ask

How did Troy get so many talented kids from the state of Alabama? Were some of them maybe overlooked by Auburn?  :dunno:

Their pitchers were solid. Troy got a lot of innings from their starter, and it sure made a difference.

I came away very impressed by Troy's team.

Is our coaches seat hot at all? I know he is a recent hire and we had a great season last year but we had some incredible talent that werent his recruits.  I'm no expert on baseball so this is why I ask

I doubt it. I mean last year we won the SEC West and hosted a regional. Definitely a disappointing start to this SEC season. Still plenty of ball to play if Coach P can iron out whatever has got this team down mentally and get the right lineup I think we can still slip into the SEC Tourney and NCAA Tourney. What is promising is seeing the young talent on this team. The problems so far have been guys like Patterson, Hargett, Caldwell, and McElroy not performing either on the field or at the plate at the level they are capable of

Archived