Auburn vs UGA Game 3

Blatt into pitch the 7th.  Auburn still leads 9-4.

In other action around the league.

Alabama leads LSU 9-0 -if both scores hold we'll go into next weekend both tied for the west lead.

Miss St leads UT 3-1 in the 6th -it'd be great if UT could come back and steal a game.

Ole Miss leads USC 3-2 in the 5th -really need USC to win.

Vandy is up on UK 6-3 -UK really had a great showing this weekend.

If we can hold on, we would be tied with Alabama and Arkansas at 12-12 in the West.  We will have a 4 game lead on LSU and either a 1 or 2 game lead on Ole Miss and Miss State with the tiebreaker over Ole Miss, but not State.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ortman walks the first batter.  1st and 2nd no outs.  I think CJP's handling of the staff today has shown the importance he is putting in the midweek games this week.  I think he wants Luckie, Hendrix, and Wallen fresh for Tuesday at Samford.  Fortunately has the luxury of doing that with a big lead, but if UGA breaks through here you gotta go to Wallen.  Ortman threw 50 pitches Friday so he's not nearly as fresh as Wallen.

I was wrong, auburn only has 1 out.  Man on 1st.  Wallen is in to pitch.

Auburn has a 3 run lead and needs 2 more outs.  Man I hope CJP's rolling of the dice with pitchers today doesn't come back to bite us.

Wow, I'm starting to get nervous, bases loaded now, still 1 out.  We can't blow this game.

Unreal ! Come on Tigers !

Grand Slam......Auburn can go to hell as far as I'm concerned this baseball team is no fun to watch or follow

Pathetic, but have to give GA props for not giving up. No killer instinct.

Gut check time. Need to play like the series is on the line.

War Eagle !

Man I feel like throwing up right now.  That one stings, had already chalked up a victory.  I'm really disappointed in CJP.  He rolled the dice trying to test Ortman, and saving guys until the last minute.  Obviously, the bullpen didn't get it done, but I didn't think the right guys came in at the right time.

Grand Slam......Auburn can go to hell as far as I'm concerned this baseball team is no fun to watch or follow

[/quote

Auburn can go to hell? Are you serious.  Thats pretty pathetic.  We made a great comeback Friday night.  I'm definitely disappointed but thats just over the top.  I'm ashamed to hear that from an Auburn fan.

I'm disappointed in CJP overall. Yes, I know where he took us last year. I also know my 8 month old son could have gotten that team that far. Too much talent to not win. He still has a lot of proving to do for me.

Archived