Auburn vs UGA Game 3

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm disappointed in CJP overall. Yes, I know where he took us last year. I also know my 8 month old son could have gotten that team that far. Too much talent to not win. He still has a lot of proving to do for me.

I think he is an excellent Coach. We just need lot's of help in the back end of the rotation, I mean LOTS of help, and I just think that CJP doesn't have much confidence in anybody in the pen. Our pitching staff as a whole needs lots and lots of help.

One quick response to all the negativity.

We have to sweep Bama next weekend?  According to who?  Arkansas plays at USC next weekend and will likely not win that series.  If we take 2 of 3 we will lead the west going to Tennessee for the last weekend.

Disappointed in CJP for last year?  Our pitching was pretty awful last year.  We had 1 starter and CJP had to rotate guys all year, I still think its impressive to host a regional with a patchwork pitching staff.

I am disappointed in how the game was coached today.  Total implosion, but when thinking about taking 2 of 3 vs UGA,  getting 3 solid starts, Being in position to still win the west, I'm ok with how things are big picture wise.  Disappointed but we'll move on.

Grand Slam......Auburn can go to hell as far as I'm concerned this baseball team is no fun to watch or follow

Nice sportsmanship.  >:(

I'm disappointed in CJP overall. Yes, I know where he took us last year. I also know my 8 month old son could have gotten that team that far. Too much talent to not win. He still has a lot of proving to do for me.

Yeah, huge disappointment.

First SECW title in a decade and a half, and first Hoover appearance in 7 years.

What a failure.

Your 8 month old son must be a better baseball coach than Slater, Renfroe, and Paw combined.  Maybe he's right behind Baird as a coach.  Where's he coaching at now?

Grand Slam......Auburn can go to hell as far as I'm concerned this baseball team is no fun to watch or follow

Glad I dont live in your house, make a mistake and damned to hell  :-\

This team is a work in progress with alot of young folks. Lets take it easy on them.

Dissapointing I know, sickens me too but geez :o

Just a tad over the top, don't you think?  :dunno:

Wow. I cannot believe a true Auburn fan would say something like this, which leads me to believe you aren't a true Auburn fan. Statements like this are the epitomy of a sidewalk fan, which is what you appear to be. It's still great to be an Auburn Tiger

At least we won the series. I think the USC series provides a measuring stick for the work we have ahead of us to get back to the Hal days and beyond.

War Eagle !

Let me start by saying that the "go to hell" comment is over the top and really uncalled for. That's taking it too far.

Having said that, today's game was a microcosm of our entire season. We either have a big lead or keep the game close with our starting pitching only to have a bullpen that either blows the big lead or lets the close games get away in a hurry. It's embarrassing.

And for the people that say it's good that we won the series -- yes, that is good, but that's not the point. We just got swept last weekend, and there was no excuse, after having a 5 or 6 run lead in the 9th today, to not cancel out that sweep by getting one of our own this weekend. You have guys coming out of the bullpen that are walking 4 or 5 batters with a 6-RUN LEAD! That's totally inexcusable, and it's one of the main reasons we're a mediocre team instead of a good one this year.

Now instead of being tied for first place going into next weekend, we're one game back. We have to win the series against Bama just be tied with them in the standings after next weekend. We can definitely do it, but with our lack of a bullpen, we could also get swept. We need every win we can get, and today's meltdown hurts.

So while there has definitely been some overreaction on here today, I completely understand the frustration some fans are feeling. This team can be so good at times, and then it can be unbearable to watch. This bullpen has been almost unbearable to watch all year, and it could cost us some important games here down the stretch.

Wow. I cannot believe a true Auburn fan would say something like this, which leads me to believe you aren't a true Auburn fan. Statements like this are the epitomy of a sidewalk fan, which is what you appear to be. It's still great to be an Auburn Tiger

Nice1 Fish  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

At least we won the series. I think the USC series provides a measuring stick for the work we have ahead of us to get back to the Hal days and beyond.

War Eagle !

Hopefully, better than the Hal Baird days. 

I am glad we won the series, but hear you loud and clear. I was blasted earlier in the season for expressing my expectations of our BB program and disappointment in our play. Slater was known as a very good recruiter and not so good HC. He left enough talent to be very competitive in the SEC. We did improve last year, but seem to have taken a step back this year. Why ? Is that acceptable given what was inherited and a chance to add to this with one’s own recruits? I hope we can get more consistent play down the stretch and show major improvement next year.  I do think Auburn should consistently be in the college world series and in the mix for the SECC & NC. 

War Eagle !

IMO the issue is not talent with this team.  Generally they play very poor fundamental baseball...pitchers can't find the strike zone, base running mistakes,  failure to advance runners or get runs in at critical moments, poorest fielding percentage in the SEC......must I go on?    These are coaching issues.

Just got home from that awful baseball game. I cannot express how the feeling in that crowd was when we left there. There was a lot of very upset folks. There was no reason for that fiasco today. We were told JP is pitching coach as well as head coach.  Not good! In all the years I have been going to the baseball games....20 or 25 yrs..... I  have never seen what happened today ever at Auburn.  Something needs to be done.  9 runs on 2 hits...  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:  Check the line up also..If  all the guys leave that can leave...what do we have for next year. I sincerely hope he is recruiting some top notch players next yr.

I still love the guys and am pulling for them. A lot of this is not their fault!!!!!

AU64:

IMO the issue is not talent with this team.   Generally they play very poor fundamental baseball...pitchers can't find the strike zone, base running mistakes,  failure to advance runners or get runs in at critical moments, poorest fielding percentage in the SEC......must I go on?    These are coaching issues.

Agree 100%!!!

Are you kidding me? How is this retard not banned yet? Get him the hell out of here.

SMH

I'm as passionate about (all)Auburn sports as much as the next person, but you would never see me say anything remotely similar to this.

The basketball team wasn't that much fun to watch this past season either, but the team never gave up and showed glimmers of hope for the future of the program. 

I can see how the inconsistency of the baseball team may be frustrating, but "Auburn can go to hell"?  Get real, or find another team to root for.  We don't need fans of your ilk and neither do any of the teams.

Wow! i heard Rod say on the broadcast that the little kids would get to run the bases after the game but I didn't realize we brought them in to pitch the 9th inning too.

Seriously though, I understand all the frustration. It blows my mind that you can reach this level of baseball and walk runners the way our staff has. It's inexcusable. If you throw your stuff and they hit it and you lose, well, they were just better than you, but to hand the game over to them like this just drives you crazy. Oh well, they better put it past them and get ready for Samford. NO MORE MID WEEK LOSSES! War Eagle!

Are you kidding me? How is this retard not banned yet? Get him the hell out of here.

I'm enjoying the bashing right now  ;)

Archived