Auburn vs UGA Game 3

Auburn sends Slade Smith to the mound to try and finish off a sweep of UGA.  Game is at 1 pm.  Bring out your brooms.

*I will most likely be able to update through the game, as long as the internet will cooperate.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

x2. Getting paid 45 bucks an hour (time and a half)to sit at computer and keep track of the game. Thanks!

Auburn puts an 8 spot up in the 1st, chases UGA's starter.  Shades of the 2010 team.  I would've told Slade this at the beginning of the game, but even more so now.  Just pitch like your giving us 3 innings, give us everything you've got.  We have Blatt, Ray, Hendrix, Ortman, Wallen all ready to go.  I think Slade struggles when he pitches like he's getting stretched out, but does much better in relief.

It's clear that the pressure is on UGA today, we're playing with house money and its showing.

9 - 1 AU top of the 6th. A very comfortable lead against a team that's not hitting well. I'd leave Slade Smith in, and let him work out of any jams he may get himself into, because he needs the confidence. He needs to know he can work thru those bad spots. We need pitchers who believe in themselves right now.

Archived