Jenny AU-92

In SD Senate Race, Thune Leads Daschle 50% to 47%

Survey of 500 Likely Voters          September 8, 2004

South Dakota

Congress

Thune ® 50%

Daschle (D) 47%

RasmussenReports.com

September 13, 2004--In his bid for re-election, Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle has fallen slightly behind former Congressman John Thune.

The latest Rasmussen Reports survey finds the Republican challenger earning 50% of the vote while Daschle attracts 47%. However, the 3-point advantage for Thune is well within the survey's 4.5 point margin of sampling error.

Link to Rasmussen

In SD Senate Race, Thune Leads Daschle 50% to 47%

Survey of 500 Likely Voters           September 8, 2004

South Dakota

Congress

Thune ® 50%

Daschle (D) 47%

RasmussenReports.com

September 13, 2004--In his bid for re-election, Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle has fallen slightly behind former Congressman John Thune.

The latest Rasmussen Reports survey finds the Republican challenger earning 50% of the vote while Daschle attracts 47%. However, the 3-point advantage for Thune is well within the survey's 4.5 point margin of sampling error.

Link to Rasmussen

106135[/snapback]

Not sure why you picked a three week old poll, but the most recent poll since their debate has Daschle up 50-45.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20040926_1098.html

Must we always assume some ulterior motive around here? Maybe she picked that one because it's one of the few places that offers daily tracking polls in the Presidential race and she just ran across the SD Senate race one while she was there. Geez Louise.

The bottom line is, it's tight and no matter what poll you look at there, it's close to or very much within the margin of error.

Down with Daschle!

Must we always assume some ulterior motive around here?  Maybe she picked that one because it's one of the few places that offers daily tracking polls in the Presidential race and she just ran across the SD Senate race one while she was there.  Geez Louise.

The bottom line is, it's tight and no matter what poll you look at there, it's close to or very much within the margin of error.

Down with Daschle!

106255[/snapback]

What he said. :big:

Must we always assume some ulterior motive around here?  Maybe she picked that one because it's one of the few places that offers daily tracking polls in the Presidential race and she just ran across the SD Senate race one while she was there.  Geez Louise.

Down with Daschle!

106255[/snapback]

What he said. :big:

106311[/snapback]

You both need to get your hypersensitive panties out off the ultra-tight wad you've twisted them into. You assume that I assumed an ulterior motive. Read my actual post. It was pretty benign. My point was simply that a poll in early September doesn't always tell you much about even late September, except possible trend lines if you compare it to a poll by the same company using the same methodology. If I came across a poll with results I liked from three weeks ago I just wouldn't get too excited. Lighten up.

Archived