2011 Depth Chart & Coaching Staff (Updated: 1/6/12)

WarEagleAU

as I have posted:

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=38284.0

the depth chart is no where near what is actually happening, and some of the corrections have now been made to the roster.

i don't twitter, so i'm limited to the Internet site:

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/aub-m-footbl-body.html

i just want good info so i can enjoy watching the games on tv.

War Eagle!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as I have posted:

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=38284.0

the depth chart is no where near what is actually happening, and some of the corrections have now been made to the roster.

i don't twitter, so i'm limited to the Internet site:

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/aub-m-footbl-body.html

i just want good info so i can enjoy watching the games on tv.

War Eagle!!

I can do my best as I can get it done.  :we:

They have a 20 page document with depth chart and info for the Clemson game linked at the bottom of this page.

http://www.twackle.com/sitebar?url=http%3A%2F%2Fauburntigers.cstv.com%2Fsports%2Fm-footbl%2Fspec-rel%2F091211aaa.html%3Futm_source%3Dtwitterfeed%26utm_medium%3Dtwitter

:thumbsup:

WEAU:  thanks for giving us the most up-to-date info! :thumbsup:

springer:  thanks for linking us to the booklet.  i'll certainly be going to it in the future.  however, i tried it, and it looks to be the same erroneous info in the depth chart as is on the main AU football website.

:wedance:

Updated as 9/15/11:

1. Justin Delaine will miss the rest of the season with an injury.

2. Aubrey Phillips and Ed Christian going on medical hardship, which would end their college careers.

3. Wirth Campbell, Dimitri Reese and Donnie Riggins are no longer with team.

4. Kiehl Frazier has been added as wildcat qb.

5. Added:

^^^ denotes will sit out for 2011 season due to injury

^^* denotes will sit out for 2011 season due to injury with medical hardship

Thanks for the list.

Couldn't help but notice the salaries for our coaches.  There is obviously a 1st tier, kind of a mid tier and then a lower tier range.  Our head coach and OC are in the top tier and rightly so as they have undoubtedly performed. 

Our DC is in the mid tier and our defense has performed average, at best for 2 seasons and 2 games.  Using the saying "you get what you pay for", I can't help but think some of our defensive problems are absolutely youth related...some may be related to the DC...and the folks that pay our DC seem to agree.

Updated as 9/15/11:

1. Justin Delaine will miss the rest of the season with an injury.

2. Aubrey Phillips and Ed Christian going on medical hardship, which would end their college careers.

3. Wirth Campbell, Dimitri Reese and Donnie Riggins are no longer with team.

4. Kiehl Frazier has been added as wildcat qb.

5. Added:

^^^ denotes will sit out for 2011 season due to injury

^^* denotes will sit out for 2011 season due to injury with medical hardship

looks like dyercat is out and we will start seeing a lot more kiehl!

looks like dyercat is out and we will start seeing a lot more kiehl!

We will see three different players at wildcat format. Kiehl just got only 2 snaps. I think Dyer got 2-3 snaps. Don't be surprised to see Dyer there again this Saturday.

Thanks for the list.

Couldn't help but notice the salaries for our coaches.  There is obviously a 1st tier, kind of a mid tier and then a lower tier range.  Our head coach and OC are in the top tier and rightly so as they have undoubtedly performed. 

Our DC is in the mid tier and our defense has performed average, at best for 2 seasons and 2 games.  Using the saying "you get what you pay for", I can't help but think some of our defensive problems are absolutely youth related...some may be related to the DC...and the folks that pay our DC seem to agree.

Very true. I hope Roof will do good job. Just keep our faith on everyone on team.  :we:

Updated as 9/15/11:

1. Bates is ROLB, Evans is LOLB, Davis is LCB, and Bell is RCB. (Didn't notice this until recent)

2. Therezie moved to LCB and Rose moved to RCB.

3. Cooper has been removed as 4th Center; Fariyike has been removed as 5th Right Guard.

Updated as 9/15/11 (Part 2):

1. Kiehl Frazier, Michael Dyer, Quan Bray and Trovon Reed in order of list on wildcat format.

2. Denson as 3rd slot receiver and Uzomah as 4th slot receiver.

any noteworthy changes this week?    :dunno:

War Eagle!

Yeah, what he said. Kinda interested in this myself.

Nothing changes so far. Maybe after FAU game. Yet, it is still a long season. War Eagle!  :thumbsup:

Updated as 9/25/11:

1. Blake Burgess has been added as Tackle Eligible. His number jersey is #86.  :hellyeah:

2. Move Joel Bonomolo to 3rd at Right End and Justin Delaine to 4th at Right End (out for season).

3. Move Jawara White to backup at LOLB and Justin Garrett to 3rd at OLB.

4. Move Quan Bray to backup at wildcat QB and Michael Dyer to 3rd at wildcat QB.

5. Move Brandon Fulse to backup at Half Back and L. Phillips to 3rd at Half Back.

6. Switch Jamar Travis as 3rd at Left DT and Gabe Wright as 3rd at Right DT.

7. Jonathan Rose was on field so his redshirt asterisk is removed. We'll see about his redshirt status.

8. Move Chad Slade as starter at Right Guard and John Sullen as backup at Right Guard.

Updated as 9/30/11:

1. Dee Ford will miss the rest of the season with an injury; Ford and Delaine should qualify for a medical redshirt. Owens is expected to fill Ford's role for rest of the season.

(From Andy Bitter: Ford sat out the Florida Atlantic game with the injury. The junior hasn’t redshirted. Because he was injured in the first half of the season and played in less than 30 percent of Auburn’s games, he’s eligible for a medical redshirt.)

2. Got word that Sullen will start.

Since the NC, our luck has been unfortunate. It was tough enough to lose 30+ players from the 2010 team. Then came the permanent dismissals from the team of 4 key players for armed robbery, and Eric Smith's permanent suspension as well.

We suffered season ending injuries to Kris Frost and Sammie Coates before the season begin, and season ending injuries to Justin Delaine and Dee Ford afterwards. Ed Christian and Aubrey Phillips have also been lost due to health and injury issues. Trovon Reed may also be lost for the season. Derrick Lykes was also permanently let go.

Michael Dyer hasn't been 100% all season. We've had lost time injuries to Jonathan Evans, Philip Lutzenkirchen, AJ Greene and Chris Davis. Davis may or may not be available this Saturday vs USCe.

All of this on a team that is short on experience and short on scholarship players, and we have not gotten into the meat of our schedule yet.

There has to be light at the end of the rainbow.

Remember, this is only Year 3 for Chizik. It takes time to get them together at top.  :we: I am still got my confidence in Auburn this month. I just don't see them going 0-4 or 4-0 but will end up with good news. ALL IN!

Updated as 10/5/11:

1. Jared Cooper has been added as backup center.

2. Switch Michael Dyer as starting RB and Onterio McCalebb as backup.

3. Garrett Harper was on field last Saturday so his redshirt asterisk is removed.

Updated as 9/30/11:

1. Anthony Morgan will miss the rest of the season with an injury.

2. Blake Burgess can't get on field to replace for Dismukes due to his jersey number #86; Cooper is still our 3rd at center position.

3. Move Jay Wisner to 3rd team at Split End.

4. Move C.J. Uzomah to backup at Slot Receiver and Jaylon Denson as 3rd team.

5. Defensive line has been changed; Strong Side/Power End, Nose Guard, and Weak Side/Rush End.

Updated as 9/30/11:

5. Defensive line has been changed; Strong Side/Power End, Nose Guard, and Weak Side/Rush End.

3-4?

Updated as 9/30/11:

3-4?

No. We can use a nose guard, two defensive tackles and two defensive ends at same time for goal line situation. I put (RDT) after nose guard as Right Defensive Tackle for 4-3.

A nose guard is usually used in a 5-2, 3-4, or a 46 defense, and a nose tackle is used more in a 4-4 or a 4-3. They usually have the same kind of build though. A nose guard is usually lined up in front of the center or off to the right or left of the center, but nose tackles are usually lined up between the guard and the tackle depending on the defensive line formation (wide gaps, slant left, or slant right).

I know the Participation Table shows #86 Garrett as playing in the SC game, but was that really #86 Burgess?

I know the Participation Table shows #86 Garrett as playing in the SC game, but was that really #86 Burgess?

I don't know. I think they put Harper on it by mistake. Anyone know which one?

Archived