2011 Depth Chart & Coaching Staff (Updated: 1/6/12)

WarEagleAU

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping Mincy starts... guy can lay some serious wood.

So can #12! (McNeal)

Mincy or White will be our 3rd CB on nickel defense. We will see who win the job on 3rd CB. McNeal will start at SS.

Why do you think Coach Troop has the assistant coach label but makes so much less than Malzahn?  I mean, I know how valuable Malzahn is, don't get me wrong.  It just seems fitting for someone with the actual title to make more than he does.

Wow!!  I did not realize that Coach Malzhan makes over 1 million per year. I think this is great!!! He makes probably more than many BCS division coaches. CGM is worth every penny and then some.  I do not see CGM leaving for a good long while.  He will make every opponent's DCs lose a lot of sleep along with causing all kinds of digestive system disorders! I think I am going to buy stock in the drug manufacturers of Prilosac & Nexium! Is CGM the highest paid OC in the country? If not, he needs to be so.

I see CTR's defense being his best since he became DC.  He has great coaches that will bring out the best of the talent on hand. No doubt, CTR has a lot of very talented players to work with. Folks, this is going to be a greart season no doubt!!

WDE!

Doc

:believe: :believe: :believe: :believe: :believe:

Can not help but notice that we only have 4 Sr starting and that we are loaded with talent behind those starters. I think our schedule this year is going to be tough because of the road test (LSU,Arkansas,USC, etc.) but it will be great expierence for our young team. I think we will win some games we shouldn't but possibly lose one we shouldn't also. But look out 2012 the schedule will be more favorable and we will be more expeirenced.

Funny guuuuuuy

:dunno:

Why do you think Coach Troop has the assistant coach label but makes so much less than Malzahn?  I mean, I know how valuable Malzahn is, don't get me wrong.  It just seems fitting for someone with the actual title to make more than he does.

Be happy to have Gus and Troop as our family. ALL IN! I think Troop should get raise in future.

Wow!!  I did not realize that Coach Malzhan makes over 1 million per year. I think this is great!!! He makes probably more than many BCS division coaches. CGM is worth every penny and then some.  I do not see CGM leaving for a good long while.  He will make every opponent's DCs lose a lot of sleep along with causing all kinds of digestive system disorders! I think I am going to buy stock in the drug manufacturers of Prilosac & Nexium! Is CGM the highest paid OC in the country? If not, he needs to be so.

I see CTR's defense being his best since he became DC.  He has great coaches that will bring out the best of the talent on hand. No doubt, CTR has a lot of very talented players to work with. Folks, this is going to be a greart season no doubt!!

WDE!

Doc

:believe: :believe: :believe: :believe: :believe:

Amen!  :we:

Thought Garret Harper left the team. :dunno:

I can't find a link of him leaving. I will keep my eye on him this week. Thanks for note.

So Bonomolo is third string? WOW

Yea, we got good depth on defensive ends with Eguae, Lemonier, Ford, Sanders, Owens and Bonomolo. It is going to be good battle this week on DEs.

Can not help but notice that we only have 4 Sr starting and that we are loaded with talent behind those starters. I think our schedule this year is going to be tough because of the road test (LSU,Arkansas,USC, etc.) but it will be great expierence for our young team. I think we will win some games we shouldn't but possibly lose one we shouldn't also. But look out 2012 the schedule will be more favorable and we will be more expeirenced.

Agreed. 2012 season will be big one!  :we:

Thought Garret Harper left the team. :dunno:

Linkhttp://www.gulfeast2.com/index.php/auburnversus/comments/tigers_to_get_two_days_off_before_beginning_game_preparation/ - Harper is still on team.

"It’s why Mike Blakely busted some second-team defenders’ ankles on a couple of long runs and linebacker Harris Gaston cleaned up receiver Garrett Harper on a pass in the flat."

Updated with few changes after yesterday practice:

1. Carr and Reed is battle for flanker (Zachery's old position) - I'd say Carr to start but I can see Carr/Reed split the playing time.

2. Stallworth, Uzomah and Denson is battle for slot receiver (Burns' old position) - I'd say Stallworth to start.

3. Bray will see more time on special teams than offense. Taylor's top 7: Blake, Carr, Stallworth, Reed, Benson, Uzomah and Denson. Taylor used 5 different WR last season (Adams, Zachery, Burns, Blake and Carr).

4. Reed, Carr and Bray is our final 3 for punt returner position. - Hard to say right now.

5. Sammie Coates and Nathan Taylor from Flanker to Split End, Quan Bray from Slot Receiver to Flanker, and Xavier Brown from Split End to Flanker.

6. Garrett Harper is a WR (flanker), not a punter.

:we: :we: :we:

Updated as 8/25/11:

1. Devaunte Sigler gained from 255 to 275 pounds.

2. Gabe Wright at 312 pounds.

3. CJ Uzomah at 6-5, 236 pounds.

Updated as 8/29/11:

1. Davis Hooper will be out indefinitely due to injury so stay tuned if NCAA allows Mike Blakely to play (I'll swap Hooper/Blakely if Blakely is cleared to play)

2. Corey Lemonier at 240 pounds.

3. President - Jay Gogue and Athletics Director - Jay Jacobs has been added.

I thought Sammie Coates was injured.

Yes. Have to wait and see how he is doing after surgery. Will know where will he stand. For now, we know Blake, Carr, Stallworth, Benton, Reed, Uzomah and Denson is ahead of Coates (Trooper's top 7). I'm pretty sure that Bray should be ahead of him, too.

Updated as 8/29/11:

1. Davis Hooper will be out indefinitely due to injury so stay tuned if NCAA allows Mike Blakely to play (I'll swap Hooper/Blakely if Blakely is cleared to play)

2. Corey Lemonier at 240 pounds.

3. President - Jay Gogue and Athletics Director - Jay Jacobs has been added.

I thought Gogue was on IR list, esp. since not hearing from him re: NCAA and Bagman S. ?

Really good list! Bet they start out very similar to what you have.

On a side note: Please win the punt returner job Trovon!!! If Carr is the one back there to start the season then i'll be screaming "just catch the ball!!!" again for like the fifth season in a row! I mean seriously have we had a good punt returner since Carnell did it?? In all fairness to Carr, he didn't drop that many punt returns, but he did look completely lost from time to time as to whether he should catch it or not and very indecisive when he did catch it.

Also, crap that MLB depth chart scares me!!! We need to sign atleast two guys this year who could potentially play that position. If two LBs get hurt this year there may be open tryouts for students....so everyone stay in shape!!

Updated as 8/30/11:

1. Sam Brown is a WR (flanker), not cornerback.

2. Dimitri Reese changed his jersey number from 38 to 84 (Cody Frederick's old jersey number).

3. All of height/weight has changed.

My previous projected depth chart is almost 100% correct:

I got it wrong on:

1. starting running back (Omac/Dyer will be our 1-2 punch anyways)

2. backup Half-back (no surprise about Fulse over Phillips)

3. 3rd team Right DE (I'm surprised about Delaine over Bonomolo)

4. backup left tackle (Sigler over Wright? Wow!)

5. backup Right OLB (Garrett over J. White? Interesting...)

6. Trent Fisher - I got him on strong safety but he will be our 3rd nickelback. Nice!

7. Robenson Therezie - I got him on nickelback but he will be our CB behind Bell and White.

8. backup Strong Safety - I got Fisher but Smith will be our backup at SS.

9. Ikeem Means - I got him at FS but he will play at SS behind McNeal/Smith.

10. backup punt returner - I got Carr over Bray but Bray is our 2nd option at PR.

11. Tre Mason - never thought he is our 3rd guy at kick returner. Nice!

I will keep it updated for week by week.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated as 9/13/11:

1. Michael Dyer has been added as wildcat qb.

2. Swap Phillips to backup at halfback and Fulse to 3rd string HB.

3. Jay Wisner has been added as backup at slot receiver. (Welcome back, Jay!  :thumbsup:)

4. Brandon Mosley moved to Right Tackle, A.J. Greene at LT and Chad Slade as backup at RG & RT. Slade and Burgess is ahead of Mack at RG.

5. Jermaine Whitehead changed from #3 to #32.

6. Tre Mason and Quan Bray is ahead of Onterio McCalebb at Kick Returner.

7. Added: * denotes will more likely put on redshirt this season.

Scholarship

Sammie Coates

Greg Robinson

Christian Westerman

Thomas O'Reilly

Keymiya Harrell

Anthony Swain

Chris Landrum

Kris Frost

Jonathan Rose

Non scholarship

Wirth Campbell

Garrett Harper

Patrick Young

Jon-Morgan Poole

Clay Finkelstein

Daniel Pond

Ellis Smith

Barrett Kernon

Thanks for keeping this updated.  Still don't understand why this is not kept up-to-date on the official AU website.

War Eagle!

Thanks for keeping this updated.  Still don't understand why this is not kept up-to-date on the official AU website.

War Eagle!

:dunno: I'll keep it updated every week or 2.  :we:

War Eagle!

They have a 20 page document with depth chart and info for the Clemson game linked at the bottom of this page.

http://www.twackle.com/sitebar?url=http%3A%2F%2Fauburntigers.cstv.com%2Fsports%2Fm-footbl%2Fspec-rel%2F091211aaa.html%3Futm_source%3Dtwitterfeed%26utm_medium%3Dtwitter

Archived