2011 Depth Chart & Coaching Staff (Updated: 1/6/12)

WarEagleAU

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harper and Burgess both wear #86 - Harper played on all punt returns against SC -

I believe you are correct.

is Harper a walkon?

did Burgess play against SC?

Harper is a walk-on from Arkansas (went to high school with Kiehl Frazier) and Burgess did play against SC on special team. I'll check it out today if it was really Harper on all punt returns.

Updated as 10/11/11:

1. Jay Wisner is our back-up slot receiver against Arkansas.

2. It is confirmed that #86 on punt return unit was Garrett Harper. He has been removed as redshirt status.

3. I noticed that Bates is not on the field when 4-3 unit was on the field. I saw a lot from J. White and Evans on 4-3 unit. When nickel unit was on the field, I saw Holland/Freeman and Bates as our two linebackers. Here is our linebacker depth: White - LOLB, Holland - MLB, Evans - RLB and Bates - Nickel LB. Justin Garrett has been added as backup nickel linebacker.

4. Whitehead is our primary at nickel back because I saw Bell play a lot at CB.

5. Linebacker has been changed; Strong Side/LOLB, Weak Side/ROLB and Nickel Linebacker.

6. Slade has been added as backup Left Guard and Left Tackle. His primary position is Right Tackle.

7. Fixed on Whitaker's position: Right Tackle/Nose Guard.

8. JaBrian Niles is qualified for redshirt status.

Updated as 10/11/11:

2. It is confirmed that #86 on punt return unit was Garrett Harper. He has been removed as redshirt status.

3. I noticed that Bates is not on the field when 4-3 unit was on the field. I saw a lot from J. White and Evans on 4-3 unit. When nickel unit was on the field, I saw Holland/Freeman and Bates as our two linebackers. Here is our linebacker depth: White - LOLB, Holland - MLB, Evans - RLB and Bates - Nickel LB. Justin Garrett has been added as backup nickel linebacker.

5. Linebacker has been changed; Strong Side/LOLB, Weak Side/ROLB and Nickel Linebacker.

6. Slade has been added as backup Left Guard and Left Tackle. His primary position is Right Tackle.

Niles and Slade both played against Arky- Sure Niles is a RS??

Updated as 10/11/11:

Niles and Slade both played against Arky- Sure Niles is a RS??

It said Niles has played only one game. I'll check AU/Arky and will get with it.

Updated as 10/13/11:

1. Since Ford and Owens can't play this Saturday game, Joel Bonomolo has been added as 4th team on Weak Side/Rush End (LE). His primary position is Strong Side/Power End (RE).

Updated as 10/17/11:

1. Michael Dyer is our backup as Wildcat QB.

2. Ladarious Phillps is our backup as Half Back.

3. Jaylon Denson is our 3rd team as Flanker.

4. Jay Wisner is our 3rd team as Split End; still backup at slot receiver.

5. Bobby Ingalls has been added as backup Tackle Eligible. His number jersey is #97. Move him up to 3rd team as Right Tackle.

6. Craig Sanders has been added as 4th at Rush End (Owens and Ford didn't play). His primary position is Power End. Remove Bonomolo from Rush End.

7. Several changes at LB unit - Bates at Weakside LB, Freeman at MLB and Evans at Strongside LB. Jawara White is our backup at Strongside LB and Jake Holland is our backup at MLB.

8. Robenson Therezie is our 3rd guy at punt returner and kick returner.

Updated as 10/19/11:

1. Jared Cooper will miss the rest of the season with an injury. Chad Slade will replace him as starting at Left Guard for rest of the season.

2. Clint Moseley will get a start this Saturday. Updated on QB depth.

3. Devaunte Sigler has been added as backup Rush End for LSU game. Ford is out for season and Owens will be out for long time.

With Cooper out and Slade replacing him, my question is, “Who will be next player in the game?”  If one of our starting five needs to come out for any reason, who goes in?  The way I see it we have three options:

Option #1 – let Slade and Burgess play multiple positions (Slade OG or OT and Burgess OG or OC)

Option #2 – work Mack or Fariyike into the mix even though they have seen limited action so far this year.

Option #3 – burn the redshirt(s) of either Robinson or Westerman.

Personally I’m rooting for Mack.  He was a big time sign for us in 2010 and could be a force for us on the OL for several years.  But if we must go with option #3, I hope who ever it is will see a lot of PT in the final 6 games.

With Cooper out and Slade replacing him, my question is, “Who will be next player in the game?”  If one of our starting five needs to come out for any reason, who goes in?  The way I see it we have three options:

Option #1 – let Slade and Burgess play multiple positions (Slade OG or OT and Burgess OG or OC)

Option #2 – work Mack or Fariyike into the mix even though they have seen limited action so far this year.

Option #3 – burn the redshirt(s) of either Robinson or Westerman.

Personally I’m rooting for Mack.  He was a big time sign for us in 2010 and could be a force for us on the OL for several years.  But if we must go with option #3, I hope who ever it is will see a lot of PT in the final 6 games.

Option #1 - Burgess will be their super sub (Slade was our super sub in first 6 games) since Slade will replace Cooper as starting at LG.

Option #2 - thin chance. Bobby Ingalls is expected to see more playing time.

Option #3 - NO chance.

Updated as 10/21/11:

1. Devaunte Sigler has been removed as backup Rush End and will be backup at Power End. His primary position is Defensive Tackle.

Updated as 10/25/11:

1. Trent Fisher will miss the rest of the season with an injury.

2. Robenson Therezie is our backup at Left Cornerback and Ryan White is on 3rd team. Move Rose as 3rd team at Left Cornerback.

3. Jay Wisner is our starter at slot receiver due to his blocking ability.

4. Gabe Wright is our backup at Defensive Tackle (behind Carter). Sigler didn't play much against LSU.

5. Wildcat RB has been added: McCalebb and Mason is listed.

6. Quan Bray has been added as 4th slot receiver.

7. Garrett Harper moved to 4th team at flanker from split end. (saw one snap at flanker against lsu)

8. Quan Bray is our primary at punt returner.

Updated as 10/25/11:

1. Quan Bray is our 3rd team at slot receiver.

2. Jaylon Denson has been added at slot receiver.

3. Tunde Fariyike is our backup at center and is ahead of Burgess.

4. Eric Mack is our backup at Left Guard.

5. Blake Burgess is our backup at Right Guard. Eric Mack and Chad Slade as 3rd and 4th.

6. Bobby Ingalls is our backup at Right Tackle and is ahead of Slade.

7. Ryan Preston is our backup at Left Tackle and is ahead of Slade and Robinson.

8. Gabe Wright is our starter at DT. Carter moved down to backup at DT.

9. Justin Garrett is our 3rd team at Weakside OLB.

10. Jawara White and Harris Gaston has been added at MLB; saw some time at MLB against Ole Miss.

11. Jermaine Whitehead has been added as backup CB.

12. Robenson Therezie has been moved to 3rd team at CB behind Davis and Mincy.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated as 10/25/11:

1. Quan Bray is our 3rd team at slot receiver.

2. Jaylon Denson has been added at slot receiver.

3. Tunde Fariyike is our backup at center and is ahead of Burgess.

4. Eric Mack is our backup at Left Guard.

5. Blake Burgess is our backup at Right Guard. Eric Mack and Chad Slade as 3rd and 4th.

6. Bobby Ingalls is our backup at Right Tackle and is ahead of Slade.

7. Ryan Preston is our backup at Left Tackle and is ahead of Slade and Robinson.

8. Gabe Wright is our starter at DT. Carter moved down to backup at DT.

9. Justin Garrett is our 3rd team at Weakside OLB.

10. Jawara White and Harris Gaston has been added at MLB; saw some time at MLB against Ole Miss.

11. Jermaine Whitehead has been added as backup CB.

12. Robenson Therezie has been moved to 3rd team at CB behind Davis and Mincy.

I believe that I recently heard Coach Grimes say that if one of the tackles went down, Slade would move out to tackle and Mack would come in at guard.

Updated as 11/13/11:

1. Quan Bray is ahead of Jay Wisner at Split End.

2. Chris Humphries has been added as 3rd Tight End.

3. Ryan Smith is our starter at strong safety.

4. Devaunte Sigler is our backup at Power End; Craig Sanders is still our backup at Rush End.

5. Jonathan Mincy is our backup at LCB; Jermaine Whitehead is our 3rd at LCB.

6. Robenson Therezie is our backup at RCB; Ryan White is our 3rd at RCB.

7. Justin Garrett is our backup at Weak Side Linebacker.

8. Onterio McCalebb is our 3rd at kick returner.

Updated as 11/14/11:

1. T'Sharvan Bell will miss the rest of the season with an injury. Either Mincy or Whitehead will replace Bell's spot - I'll update this one later.

2. Demetruce McNeal is still our starter at strong safety. Ryan Smith is a backup.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated as 11/23/11:

1. Walk-ons has been added during the homecoming game:

QB 19 Tate O'Connor

WR 38 Billy Harris

WR 35 Wo-Otinnah Iyegha

WR 49 Taylor Williams

OT 76 Colton Wingard

MLB 41 Adam Dyas

P 58 Will Campbell

K 89 Alex Kviklys

LS 58 C.T. Moorman

2. Some changes on CB position: Mincy is a starter at RCB, Ryan White to backup Mincy. Davis and Therezie remains at LCB.

3. Jamar Travis is behind Wright/Carter and Devaunte Sigler is behind Whitaker/Blackson.

4. Onterio McCalebb wore #22 during the Samford game.

5. Harris Gaston transferred so *T* denotes left the team due to his transfer.

6. Craig Sanders is our backup at Power End; Sigler is our 3rd guy at Power End.

7. Justin Garrett Has been added on Strong Side Linebacker; his primary position is Weak Side Linebacker behind Bates.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated as 12/03/11:

1. Kenneth Carter is our starter at defensive tackle.

2. Jermaine Whitehead is our starter at right cornerback. Jonathan Mincy is our backup.

• 5 weeks later...

Updated as 1/3/12:

1. Quan Bray has been added as 3rd Wildcat Running Back.

2. Davis Hooper has been removed from injury list.

3. Brandon Mosley has been added as backup Left Tackle (Right Tackle is his primary position).

4. Devaunte Sigler has been removed from Defensive Tackle and is a full time at Strong Side Defensive End.

5. Right CB has been changed: Mincy as backup then White and Whitehead as 3rd and 4th.

:we:

Archived