ESPN Reports Saban Statement about his Coaches

Connecticut Tiger

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6875364/alabama-vetted-two-former-miami-coaches-hires

"  Saban says he knows "nothing about Miami" and that Alabama does things the right way. He says if Stoutland or Pannunzio did anything wrong, "I'm sure they will get the appropriate punishment." "

That is far from there are no red flags here.

I watched that interview last night and the first thought I had was that Osama Bin Saban looked stressed to the gills. He even stuttered his words a time or two.  Catch how he refers to his 2 coaches as " Those people"  .......Very Interesting interview.

I watched that interview last night and the first thought I had was that Osama Bin Saban looked stressed to the gills. He even stuttered his words a time or two.  Catch how he refers to his 2 coaches as " Those people"  .......Very Interesting interview.

He was stuttering when he talked about T-Town Menswear also.... ;)

You both JasonsDad and Tigerbelle make very good points on Saban.

I watched it on B'ham Station last night.  He sounded like he was getting on a little kid the way talked and stated he was only going to talk about it once he had more important things to deal with.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/08/link_alabamas_joe_pannunzio_wa.html

But here is a quote from Alexander about Pannunzio:

"You must understand that in 2005 when I was president at Murray State, I fired our football coach, Joe Pannunzio, because of numerous incidents that occurred in our program under him that were quite bad," he said. "Well, Pannunzio immediately was hired by Miami, and he's one of the coaches who's been prominently mentioned by Shapiro in the current scandal. He's now the head of football operations at Alabama."

Something else that was interesting...

Several weeks ago, dinky opened up the presser by going on a rant about irresponsible reporting by the media. No one had even asked him a question, he just walked in and pitched a fit like a two year old. Well, it was the week after the Menswear story broke. It was simple intimidation by him to prevent questions about it. And it worked because the media covering the turds is both simple minded and easily intimidated.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/08/link_alabamas_joe_pannunzio_wa.html

But here is a quote from Alexander about Pannunzio:

"You must understand that in 2005 when I was president at Murray State, I fired our football coach, Joe Pannunzio, because of numerous incidents that occurred in our program under him that were quite bad," he said. "Well, Pannunzio immediately was hired by Miami, and he's one of the coaches who's been prominently mentioned by Shapiro in the current scandal. He's now the head of football operations at Alabama."

Wow....that's quite an indictment of  JP's methods as a coach.  :o

This is getting better all the time for bammer who claimed they vetted this guy. How did they miss that firing at Murray St.?

My guess is that bammer knew all about JP's shadiness, and they didn't care. They needed a guy like him for a specific purpose... ;)

Well if the NCAA had any brains at all they would investigate this Pannunzio guy further, even if he isn't at Miami. If he cheated at Murray St. and at Miami you can bet your bottom dollar his shenanigans haven't ceased since he arrived with the turds.

There is a reason these players want to go to bama, and it has nothing to do with tradition.

:thumbsup:

Maybe its the twin skanks with Houndstooth hats on that they always show in the stands at Tide games. 

Well if the NCAA had any brains at all they would investigate this Pannunzio guy further, even if he isn't at Miami. If he cheated at Murray St. and at Miami you can bet your bottom dollar his shenanigans haven't ceased since he arrived with the turds.

Pannunzio was at Auburn too ya know.   :o

There is a reason these players want to go to bama, and it has nothing to do with tradition.

I didn't see the bimbo's in the black dresses last season. I did see them on a billboard advertising a cellphone company in the state of bammer. If i had been a customer of that company I would have dropped them.

:thumbsup:

Maybe its the twin skanks with Houndstooth hats on that they always show in the stands at Tide games. 

True, but he was under the Tubbs administration... and is it not true that there have been zero proven allegations of impropriety during his tenure...

This kind of stuff comes from the top down...

Sniff, sniff..."Can't smell that smell" 

sniff sniff this, I was just stating a fact.

and implying a direct connection to AU cheating through him...

= reason for a deserved retort to a distortion of reality...

and all I am doing is just stating a fact.

I'll take "Things I would probably read on a UAT messageboard" for $200, Alex.

sniff sniff this, I was just stating a fact.

and implying a direct connection to AU cheating through him...

= reason for a deserved retort to a distortion of reality...

and all I am doing is just stating a fact.

Bingo!

True, but he was under the Tubbs administration... and is it not true that there have been zero proven allegations of impropriety during his tenure...

This kind of stuff comes from the top down...

So what kind of "proven allegations of impropriety" in regard to NCAA stuff occurred during the Tubbs administration? Maybe you could enlighten us.

Archived