ESPN Reports Saban Statement about his Coaches

Connecticut Tiger

So now I'm a bammer because I said the guy was at Auburn

Just fact guys, not a bammer either.Quit being so darn paranoid.

WDE!

If he was implying that he cheated at Auburn he would have said something in the regards

to. " Well he was at Auburn, and we should be worried about his time here."

All he said was " He was at Auburn you know." Which is a fact. No harm from me.

WDE!

If he was implying that he cheated at Auburn he would have said something in the regards

Thanks au21tigers thought I was about to be lynched!

WDE!

Thanks au21tigers thought I was about to be lynched!

Lynched is a strong word for a message board. But oh well.  ;)

There is a reason these players want to go to bama, and it has nothing to do with tradition.

:thumbsup:

Maybe its the twin skanks with Houndstooth hats on that they always show in the stands at Tide games. 

I also heard those two went to UAB, and didn't even go to bammer.  Hmmmm, that seems to be a familiar trait among their fanbase!

There is a reason these players want to go to bama, and it has nothing to do with tradition.

:thumbsup:

Maybe its the twin skanks with Houndstooth hats on that they always show in the stands at Tide games.

I also heard those two went to UAB, and didn't even go to bammer. Hmmmm, that seems to be a familiar trait among their fanbase!

This is correct

So UAT checked into this guy but found nothing wrong with him being fired from Murray State for numerous incidents.  I find that a little strange. 

So UAT checked into this guy but found nothing wrong with him being fired from Murray State for numerous incidents.   I find that a little strange. 

I hate to correct you but you cannot find that strange. You are not allowed to question anything done by nick almighty. By the way, is slimebaum going after these two known cheats in the same way he has attacked coach Taylor, a man who has NEVER gotten a program into NCAA trouble? My guess is that he is giving the bammers a free pass on this one.

Does anyone see an eery parallel between Shapiro and Albetar?

Yes. As far as college football goes, without a doubt. Both are middle aged guys giving players free stuff to hang out with them and feel more a part of the program. It is pretty black and white from all appearances.

Now, as far as being a thief and felon, we do not know or have any reason to believe that is the case with Tom.

However as far as the giving benefits to players, yes, IMO it is pretty much the same type of relationship without a doubt.

WDE!

Key is he was at Auburn, he is at Bama.  Bama should fire him and then it would be formally at Auburn and formally at Alabama. 

Shapiro and Albetar.  Both have access to the sidelines during games.  Football players hang out with these middle aged men for no apparent reason (ahem, sure).  Both men have had their photos taken with football players numerous times, privately and publicly. 

It still amazes me that the national media is not making a big deal out of the TTMW story. 

Something else that was interesting...

Several weeks ago, dinky opened up the presser by going on a rant about irresponsible reporting by the media. No one had even asked him a question, he just walked in and pitched a fit like a two year old. Well, it was the week after the Menswear story broke. It was simple intimidation by him to prevent questions about it. And it worked because the media covering the turds is both simple minded and easily intimidated.

bingo

Shapiro and Albetar.  Both have access to the sidelines during games.  Football players hang out with these middle aged men for no apparent reason (ahem, sure).  Both men have had their photos taken with football players numerous times, privately and publicly. 

It still amazes me that the national media is not making a big deal out of the TTMW story. 

post of the day

Pannunzio was only at Auburn one season, in 1999.  Anything he did then would be well beyond the NCAA statute of limitations for investigation at this point, and that is assuming he did anything wrong.

AS for his time T-town, he is not an "on the field" coach and is not involved with noff campus recruiting if I understnad his role on the staff correctly.  Doesn't mean he is clean but it is less likely he has done much wrong either.  Stoutland is the one more likely to be a probelm I think.

Archived