B'ham sports radio 97.3 The Zone

auriptide

Go ask Eli about Alabama Recruiting. He couldn't talk about that when he tried his own show before.

How's it going to be different now?

They will be restricted some on recruiting, but can talk about it in general terms. Matt Coulter will focus more on the recruiting side in the afternoons. Stan & Eli will be much more equipped to talk about Auburn & Bama than someone like finebaum will who has no real connection to either of them.

DeJOXify-

6- 9 am, CT, M-F

97.3 The Zone, Birmingham

Streaming: http://973thezone.com/

Stan White & Eli Gold

Complete info on 97.3:

"Birmingham Getting Into A Sports Zone"

http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/netgnomes/53206/birmingham-getting-into-a-sports-zone/

Additional AU friendly broadcasts: http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=36182.0

WDE !!!

I must have missed it. Who will be on at 2pm opposite of finescum? almost anyone would be better than Pawl. 

Here you go.  Learn all about 97.3:

DeJOXify-

6- 9 am, CT, M-F

97.3 The Zone, Birmingham

Streaming: http://973thezone.com/

Stan White & Eli Gold

Complete info on 97.3:

"Birmingham Getting Into A Sports Zone"

http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/netgnomes/53206/birmingham-getting-into-a-sports-zone/

Additional AU friendly broadcasts: http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=36182.0

WDE !!!

rick and bubba do sportstalk? ...seriously? 

I didn't listen when they came on.  Rick played for Troy and his father coached college ball for about 15 years I think, plus he has a vested interest, as you know, in Blake.

WDE !!!

Great start for Eli & Stan.

Eli is the gump voice, but he has class and I respect him. He said their show would be about sports and would not go the route of character assassination like other shows. They wouldn't do it and they will not allow their callers to do it. :bow:

Let's see how many rednecks test them now.

Great start for Eli & Stan.

Eli is the gump voice, but he has class and I respect him. He said their show would be about sports and would not go the route of character assassination like other shows. They wouldn't do it and they will not allow their callers to do it. :bow:

Let's see how many rednecks test them now.

If Eli Gold said that then I would listen to his show. Wait till slimebaum hears what he said.

I live out of state so I have to ask, is this show on in Birmingham or Montgomery?

Birmingham show on 97.3.

Tipper linked the stream in the thread above, if you're not in range.

Don't ask me why but I feel like we're turning the corner here so to speak, with the 97.3 Sports Station. Unbiased coverage may force the others to change format or tone down the crap thats being broadcasted. I have a different opinion of Eli now. He and Stan are very professional and offer up great analysis...I'm thinking it will be a success.

Since we were all willing to boycott the PFBN, let's throw all the support to the new show on 97.3...e-mail campaign, positive feedback, etc. Let's help make it a success. :)          

Don't ask me why but I feel like we're turning the corner here so to speak, with the 97.3 Sports Station. Unbiased coverage may force the others to change format or tone down the crap thats being broadcasted. I have a different opinion of Eli now. He and Stan are very professional and offer up great analysis...I'm thinking it will be a success.

Since we were all willing to boycott the PFBN, let's throw all the support to the new show on 97.3...e-mail campaign, positive feedback, etc. Let's help make it a success. :)          

Exactly why I said bye bye the OD and PF.  While Timmy B irritates my very being, I'd prefer him to listening to JOX.  Now, if the rumor is true that The Zone is trying to hire PF away from JOX, this may change on my part.  We need the Anti-Baum.

Exactly why I said bye bye the OD and PF.  While Timmy B irritates my very being, I'd prefer him to listening to JOX.  Now, if the rumor is true that The Zone is trying to hire PF away from JOX, this may change on my part.  We need the Anti-Baum.

I can handle PF going over as long as the morning drive to work with Eli and Stan remains unbiased. Having the OD in the AM and the PFBN in the afternoon is to much...I hate that Al let's Jay walk all over him and I just dislike Tony C. all together...And don't get me started on Ryan B. and Jim D...refuse to listen to them all together...I can see clearly now the rain is gone.

I haven't listned to any WJOX programs in months, so this is nice for me.

However...............I contacted Cox Media (via emial & twitter) and expressed my joy of the new station. I told them they were going in the right direction with class guys like Eli,Stan,& Matt who would not go the shock jock radio road like WJOX. I questioned them on the rumor of finebaum coming to there station and expressed my negative opionion of him. I later recieved an email from some cat named Mike Miller who thanked me for the support,etc,etc............He then said we have had conatact with finebaum, but he is not currently part of the station.

Sounds like they may be leaving that 3-6 spot for the little weasel, I sure hope not.

You can contact Cox and speak your mind on the subject. Link below.

http://www.coxmediagroup.com/news/contact/

I haven't listned to any WJOX programs in months, so this is nice for me.

However...............I contacted Cox Media (via emial & twitter) and expressed my joy of the new station. I told them they were going in the right direction with class guys like Eli,Stan,& Matt who would not go the shock jock radio road like WJOX. I questioned them on the rumor of finebaum coming to there station and expressed my negative opionion of him. I later recieved an email from some cat named Mike Miller who thanked me for the support,etc,etc............He then said we have had conatact with finebaum, but he is not currently part of the station.

Sounds like they may be leaving that 3-6 spot for the little weasel, I sure hope not.

You can contact Cox and speak your mind on the subjeck. Link below.

http://www.coxmediagroup.com/news/contact/

All In! That's what I'm talking about.................thanks!!!!

We know, of course, that Eli is going to talk bammer football. He is even going to be enthusiastic about it. I have no problem with that and do not think he will let the show degenerate into what others have become. Maybe this show is a conscious effort to bring some sanity back to things.

I am no big Eli fan (dont dislike him either).  Do not like hearing him do bama football.  he is a professional broadcaster and i think he is less of a homer than the average college fb guy.  i caught a few minutes of their show this morning. but i thought the show that i heard today was good and i enjoyed them working together.  i will listen to them.  it will be nice to listen to actual sports show talking about a variety of sports. 

during the midday, i may still stream one of the auburn friendly shows ... cant do timmy b

Archived