B'ham sports radio 97.3 The Zone

auriptide

Thanks for the link. My email:

"I am very excited about the new program with Stan and Eli on 97.3 the Zone in Birmingham. I abandoned sports talk radio this summer because of WJOX and had no intention of revisiting. I listened to the program this morning and thought Stan and Eli both came across as informed, articulate, and respectful of opposing fan bases. None of which pertains to a program on WJOX. I sincerely hope that hate and rumor mongering does not become a part of your station. In the event that Paul Finebaum becomes a part of the network, he will bring his callers with him and Stan and Eli will have to work that much harder to ensure that my dial remains on 97.3. I humbly request that you not go this route. I believe it's in your station's best interest to remain sane, fair, and unbiased. Thank you for your time."

rick and bubba do sportstalk? ...seriously? 

I didn't listen when they came on.  Rick played for Troy and his father coached college ball for about 15 years I think, plus he has a vested interest, as you know, in Blake.

WDE !!!

I just can't listen to Rick & Bubba or Eli Gold, or Pawl.  I must be getting old, they ALL irritate me.

I am no big Eli fan (dont dislike him either).  Do not like hearing him do bama football.  he is a professional broadcaster and i think he is less of a homer than the average college fb guy.  i caught a few minutes of their show this morning. but i thought the show that i heard today was good and i enjoyed them working together.  i will listen to them.   it will be nice to listen to actual sports show talking about a variety of sports. 

during the midday, i may still stream one of the auburn friendly shows ... cant do timmy b

I don't care that he's a bammer homer. I also understand it. I just can't stand his voice. It gets on my nerves. But I will agree that he is a professional, and I do respect that. I don't think he'd want any part of fake tapes and non-existent bagmen. As long as Stan holds his own and doesn't let Eli monopolize the show, then it's probably a great pairing. I hope they have great on-air chemistry and blow Jox out of the water.

I don't care that he's a bammer homer. I also understand it. I just can't stand his voice. It gets on my nerves. But I will agree that he is a professional, and I do respect that. I don't think he'd want any part of fake tapes and non-existent bagmen. As long as Stan holds his own and doesn't let Eli monopolize the show, then it's probably a great pairing. I hope they have great on-air chemistry and blow Jox out of the water.

Thought it was just me.  :laugh:

WDE !!!

Oh no!  After not caring about Eli for close to 30 years I now actually think he's okay after only two shows.   Nooooo!  :laugh: 

He pretty much said he was a bama homer, but would be honest and fair. Stan agreed he was the same way. That's all you can really ask for and expect from guys connected like they are.

Should be good on Friday. All of the Auburn and Bama football broadcast teams will be on at the same time.

I like the alternative, don't misunderstand, BUT, I bet this is not the final morning team they come up with. A play by play man, a game broadcast color man and a disc jockey/talk show host are drastically different things.

Guest shirley4au9

Is on the air as of now 2 o'clock today.

Go support Stan White (and Eli, I guess).  :)

On the air in the a.m. in Birmingham. It's pretty good, no ranting! Wish we had a sports show in the afternoon for my drive home.

Good News. Hoke just tweeted that 97.3 has picked up Eyes on Auburn show on Tuesday nights in the Bham  area.

That is FANTASTIC news!!!!!! w00t!!

:wedance::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wedance:

Archived