ESPN Sticks It Us Again

Old School Tiger

thanks for posting the link, really good read. The guy is spot on. At lest it was great right up till I got to the message board part. All those idiots at AL.com make me feel dumber for reading their dumbass posts. fortunately I was able to stop at 4 posts, I'm ashamed of my self for scrolling down that far though.

War Eagle!

In addition to this, Florida released a lot of unflattering information (illegally) about Cam and announced the hiring of Muschamp 5 minutes before the Heisman was announced.http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/09/espn_should_pull_urban_meyer_f.html

Some of you folks have the best memory.  I can't even remember what I ate for breakfast this morning. :-[

In addition to this, Florida released a lot of unflattering information (illegally) about Cam and announced the hiring of Muschamp 5 minutes before the Heisman was announced.http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/09/espn_should_pull_urban_meyer_f.html

Some of you folks have the best memory.  I can't even remember what I ate for breakfast this morning. :-[

I resemble this remark!  :laugh:

Augirl's 4 step process to an enjoyable Auburn game experience:

Step One:  Tune your TV to broadcast of Auburn Game.

Step Two:  Tune your radio to your local affiliate of the Auburn Football Network

Step Three:  Mute TV

Step Four:  ENJOY!!!

And, as an added bonus, Rod and Stan are usually a few seconds ahead of the TV broadcast..for those of you like me who can't take the suspense, I LOVE knowing what is going to happen then watching it happen!!

I'm with augurl.  That's the only way to watch a game if you can't be there in person.  If I'm not in range of the AUNetwork station or internet, I still mute the TV rather than listen to the uninformed blather unless Todd Blackledge is doing the game.

Its been posted over in the media thread. I promise you ESPN doesn't have an agenda against Auburn. They don't make THAT much money off hating AU. Honestly they couldn't care less.

Conspiracies :laugh:

I read the article and I have to admit I have no idea what you are talking about.  AU folks don't want UM working an AU game because of his negative actions and words toward AU, and players and the article talks to that fact very clearly.  It has nothing to do with the network or how ESPN portrays Auburn.

Its been posted over in the media thread. I promise you ESPN doesn't have an agenda against Auburn. They don't make THAT much money off hating AU. Honestly they couldn't care less.

Conspiracies :laugh:

I read the article and I have to admit I have no idea what you are talking about.  AU folks don't want UM working an AU game because of his negative actions and words toward AU, and players and the article talks to that fact very clearly.   It has nothing to do with the network or how ESPN portrays Auburn.

I'm talking more so about the opinions of people here on this board and not talking about Scarbinsky's article at all.

I think people assume that announcers have the same emotional feelings toward teams as the fans do. I have heard the same thing over the years from the UAT crowd about various announcers. Fans never seem to hear the positive things they say about their teams, only the negative.

For the most part, I don't think the announcers care who wins. They are there to get a check and they will be in some other stadium next week making some other fan base angry.

The announcer's job is to keep people tuned in from the REST of the country. 

I have no problem with Meyer doing the game, anybody would be better than the lady who did the first game.

Or listen to Rod and Stan!  ;D

I love Rod and Stan, I go to most of the home games and listen in the stadium.  That said, I often notice where plays in reality are a little different than portrayed by Stan and Rod. Saturday they described a terrible pass as  "the receiver fell down".

I am reminded of something The Bahr once said when asked if John Forney showed a bias toward UAT on the broadcasts. Bryant replied "he better be".

Urban can see what a truly great staff can do with young players in person. Maybe he can learn something from it. He will hate watching Auburn win also. It's a win/win IMO. I hope Urban has a HORRIBLE Saturday!!

Archived