my gosh

aubietiger14

I can see being quick on the draw when people are calling out players but coaches...well, thats why they make the big bucks. as long as its done respectfully I dont see the issue. no need to go around calling everyone fair weather fans or telling them to leave or any of that bs. just state what you disagree about and move on.  :wareagle:

Auburn's assistant coaches are set to make a combined $4,085,000 this season, according to the details of the contracts released Monday. USA Today, which compiles a comprehensive list of coaching salaries each year, said the assistant coaches' combined salaries are No. 1 nationally "by a wide margin" among public universities.

Over 4 mil deserves a little scrutiny.

Especially when WE as fans are the ones helping pay their salaries with ticket purchases. And people have the nerve to tell us criticism of the coaches won't be tolerated?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personal Message (Offline)

Re: my gosh

« Reply #62 on: Today at 07:06:52 PM »

Reply with quoteQuote

Quote from: keesler on Today at 07:03:50 PM

Quote from: auburnu008 on Today at 06:43:48 PM

Quote from: Bigbird on Today at 06:39:17 PM

Quote from: auburnu008 on Today at 06:33:27 PM

All I will say is we have given up 1600+ yards in 3 games. You can blame it on whatever you want, but to me it is not something that should be accepted. I think the excuse period should end after 2+ years.

I don't believe anyone accepts it. I for one hate it.  However, those "excuses" are legit.  No talent, no depth, no experience, all three of those contribute to a suffering D.  I hate it, but will reserve judgment till those "excuses are no longer valid.

What about our offense? They are young as well. New line, receivers, and QB. They are far from 120th in the nation in offense. The offensive side of the ball requires a lot more timing/practice than the defensive side as well.

I disagree - The defense is totally reactionary in nature.  They react to what the offense gives them.  Therefore, they need experience to know "how" to react to differennt formations.  Our guys are green, they will get better as the season progresses.  

Was last years D young? What about 2009? Were they young? Are there other "young" defensive teams out there besides ours? WE ARE STATISTICALLY THE WORST DEFENSIVE TEAM IN THE COUNTRY! And our 3 games have not been against Oregon, Arkansas and Oklahoma either.

No...but they havent been Wofford, Mercer and North Texas either.  

Haha... the sunshine pumping on this board knows no ends.

You're free to try out our other board.

That is the standard answer to almost any discussion that has anything negative in it. With all due respect, Bird, you have the power to delete or not delete. Sometimes you all get a little quick on squashing any discussion about obvious problems. As Auburn fans, can we not express our grief at times. Why can't we have a special thread for all of us to rant without being banned? Maybe a thread like the "Child's Thread" for media related issues. The title of it could be "Child's Thread 2" for negative comments. Almost every time the defensive issues come up, many are chastened like children and told to go somewhere else. Maybe it would be better without any negatives but if they are done respectfully, what is the big deal. Just Asking. I am sure you will feel free to do as you please with my comment, but lighten up a little.

So show me the discussion in Haha... the sunshine pumping on this board knows no ends.. Can't? Neither could I.  Discussion has nothing to do with it.  People constantly gripe about the positive outlook we try to maintain.  All I'm saying is, "That's who and what we are at AE", if it is such an inconvenience to some, we won't miss them.

There are plenty of other sites that DO allow you to post whatever you like. We do not. As Bird said, if you simply "can't help yourself", then I suggest you search for other options when you feel that "urge" coming on.

Thanks, Hatch!  I think you'll find the vast majority of AE posters agree.  Let TD, Al.com, and the rest serve their purpose.  Fine w/me to be the Chick Fil A of the bunch...bet they were consistently hammered for not opening on Sunday...but as far as I can tell, holding to the higher standard hasn't hurt them a bit.  I so appreciate the vision and the follow-through of AE.  Thanks, all of the Mods.  We can disagree on technique from time to time, but each of us must by choice submit to the guidelines and the heart of what AE stands for.  And I believe AE itself reflects what does make Auburn so different.

Archived