my gosh

aubietiger14

i don't post a whole lot on here but after reading some comments by some people you would have thought we just lost 17 in a row instead of losing one game after a 17 game win streak, an sec championship and a national championship.  I am as mad as anyone that Auburn lost but holy crap.  Yes the defense ran past everyone they should have been trying to tackle, dove at everyone's shoestrings attempting to tackle and the offense pulled dyer after every great play and then followed it up with 2 plays in a row that were doomed for lost yardage.    Both the d and the o are going to have to be 110% more aggressive if we ever expect to compete in the SEC.  These young guys might have needed this loss and losing sucks but at least it was out of conference.  We are 1-0 in the SEC right  now.  I am just dumbfounded at some of the comments being said on this board.  Sound like a bunch of stupid bammers not AUBURN FAMILY!  War Eagle! 

bashing me begins in 3....2....1....

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't post a whole lot on here but after reading some comments by some people you would have thought we just lost 17 in a row instead of losing one game after a 17 game win streak, an sec championship and a national championship.  I am as mad as anyone that Auburn lost but holy crap.  Yes the defense ran past everyone they should have been trying to tackle, dove at everyone's shoestrings attempting to tackle and the offense pulled dyer after every great play and then followed it up with 2 plays in a row that were doomed for lost yardage.    Both the d and the o are going to have to be 110% more aggressive if we ever expect to compete in the SEC.  These young guys might have needed this loss and losing sucks but at least it was out of conference.   We are 1-0 in the SEC right  now.   I am just dumbfounded at some of the comments being said on this board.  Sound like a bunch of stupid bammers not AUBURN FAMILY!   War Eagle! 

Well said.

Good post. As an "ex-mod" I approve  :laugh:  Its not the end of the world. There are issues and I hope they are fixed, but I won't be beating my wife tonight over it. Its out of my control. Sounds like some real bammer stuff went on here today

i don't post a whole lot on here but after reading some comments by some people you would have thought we just lost 17 in a row instead of losing one game after a 17 game win streak, an sec championship and a national championship.  I am as mad as anyone that Auburn lost but holy crap.  Yes the defense ran past everyone they should have been trying to tackle, dove at everyone's shoestrings attempting to tackle and the offense pulled dyer after every great play and then followed it up with 2 plays in a row that were doomed for lost yardage.    Both the d and the o are going to have to be 110% more aggressive if we ever expect to compete in the SEC.  These young guys might have needed this loss and losing sucks but at least it was out of conference.   We are 1-0 in the SEC right  now.   I am just dumbfounded at some of the comments being said on this board.  Sound like a bunch of stupid bammers not AUBURN FAMILY!   War Eagle! 

Not gonna bash you, but fans are just being real. The offense has had to bail the defense out for three years now. The offense isn't going to score 40 a game like it did a year ago. Fans know we aren't gonna win many games in the SEC playing defense like this. Just being realistic.

I would agree with you if the complaining were truly about one bad game.  The frustrations on D are 3 year's old and were compensated for last year.  The frustrations come from a lack of progress in the same areas over time.

make sure you call Stan White and lecture him as well. he summed up our defense in one word "pathetic". but I guess some people willsay he has no idea what he is talking about.

These defensive frustrations are not about 1 game.  It just so happens that the Offense finally couldnt bail them out.

Our defensive frustrations are spread across 18 games. We just finally lost one so people are finally wising up to it.

make sure you call Stan White and lecture him as well. he summed up our defense in one word "pathetic". but I guess some people willsay he has no idea what he is talking about.

Shame to hear Stan White is not a real Auburn fan anymore.  :rolleyes:

There is a difference between saying that the defensive performance today was pathetic and calling for thr firing of Coach Roof. Obviously, no Auburn fan would claim the defense played well today.

There is a difference between saying that the defensive performance today was pathetic and calling for thr firing of Coach Roof. Obviously, no Auburn fan would claim the defense played well today.

But if you don't it's a shame to hear you're no longer a fan :laugh:

Stan doesn't post on this board. If he did and said it, I'm sure his posts would be deleted too. Everyone knows the rules, if you don't like them go to TD.

IMO, our defensive coaches schemed to have players in position to make some big plays.  Guys on the field are not executing at this point.  Some of this will change with experience.  I also think our offensive "style" will always put pressure on our defensive play.

i am not arguing that the defense was horrible because it was horrible and has been horrible and the offense had their own stupid play calling issues.   I was more perturbed at just the all out bashing of the coaches and in some cases the players.   It just had kind of a bammer feel to it.  I do believe Stan White hit the nail on the head w/ his comments.  

These defensive frustrations are not about 1 game.  It just so happens that the Offense finally couldnt bail them out.

Our defensive frustrations are spread across 18 games. We just finally lost one so people are finally wising up to it.

Trust me.....there are those who made sure that the defensive deficiencies were well noted....ad nauseum.

And what are they gonna do about it? Oh yeah nothing but show up next week and cheer.

Where is that vomit emoticon?  :beatmullet:

I would agree with you if the complaining were truly about one bad game.  The frustrations on D are 3 year's old and were compensated for last year.  The frustrations come from a lack of progress in the same areas over time.

I think you hit the nail on the head. We have been putting our finger in the whole in the damn for quite a while now. Today the damn busted and the "well we won the game" excuse is not valid.

Archived