Driskel to start for UF against LSU

AuburnHardware

I would love to see him succeed and get the W but what I saw over the weekend was not encouraging at all. UF will struggle, especially if they cannot get a running game established early. Otherwise it will be Deja Vu.

Man, Driskel has some bad luck.  Getting thrown into the fire against bammer's D, and going straight over to LSU's defense the following week!! 

I just hope this doesn't prepare him for us, and he come out and have a career night against us, a la Tyler Wilson last year. 

I like Driskel, though.  He will be a good QB for them.  The kid had flashes of greatness against bammer, just not many.

i think the kid might be good one day, but he will be shell shocked and beat up after lsu has their way with them ... i feel better about the florida game after they get beat on by lsu.  it may set  the stage for some poor play by him against us if we can  pressure him (i hope)

young QBs tend to shine against Auburn for some reason. I hope we change this stat in 2 weeks.

we generally play too conservative with them; waiting on them to make the mistake. If he starts against us, we need to do the same thing we did to Garcia. Attack him and make him beat us; don't just give it to him.

He has a strong arm, and is quicker than I thought for a big kid.  I definitely think he will do great things for Florida before his career is done.  He may surprise some people this year.

The upside is our coaches will get some film on him, in case he is the starter/has to come in against us in a couple of weeks.  We usually get torched by backups because we knock the sense out of the starter, and the backup comes in and no one has a clue on his style/tendencies/etc.  Let's face it, we bring it on ourselves!

;)

young QBs tend to shine against Auburn for some reason. I hope we change this stat in 2 weeks.

:laugh: :laugh: most QB's tend to shine against AU  :-X

Archived