Jake Holland - Chips and Bands????

Gulf Breeze Tiger

I know the guy Ross was working with in this. Don't know if he still is associated with this business, but Ross's associate is a bammer grad. I knew him well. If anybody believes a holographic chip gives you a boost, then I have some rubber bands with some purty pictures on them that will help you bend metal.

I'll be in Auburn in 20 minutes! I'll take 4 :thumbsup:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the guy Ross was working with in this. Don't know if he still is associated with this business, but Ross's associate is a bammer grad. I knew him well. If anybody believes a holographic chip gives you a boost, then I have some rubber bands with some purty pictures on them that will help you bend metal.

I'll be in Auburn in 20 minutes! I'll take 4 :thumbsup:

:laugh:

#5 didn't buy the products....

His father did.  Why don't you get mad at #5's father?

It is legal to purchase the chips.  

It's not Mitch Ross' fault that someone wanted to buy a product of his.

Quit trying to blame him.

If anyone should be held accountable, it should be the people that bought the product and the people that used them..

If a player knew it was wrong, then he should be held accountable for his actions.

Use some logic bro....

I have to say you might want to step away from this because you clearly are to close to this scam artist to be objective. He has been on numerous radio shows and tv the past few years and always looks like a total idiot, obnoxious, and very abrasive. Holland is not the only person he has thrown under the bus in his quest to push his product, say what you will but this guy has been nothing but trouble for a lot of people. Sad thing is he might have a legit product but his ways rub everyone the wrong way, he is no different than Kenny Rodgers in the Cam ordeal.

From Jay G Tate on the subject:   

I knew about this yesterday. Not in trouble.

Surprised this actually made it to print, honestly. Once dude produces Jeff Holland's receipt, the story ends.

link:

http://madvertiserblogs.com/habotnforum/index.php?topic=4060.0

More from Mr. Tate:

Well, I have a lot of respect for both Charles and Doug (the guys who wrote the story) so I have to be careful here.

The way it works in this business sometimes is that you hear something, you pass it along to your editor and he/she falls in love with the concept. So maybe what you thought was a big story actually turns out to be a non-story. That doesn't always quench the editor's thirst, so to speak, and he/she may still demand that the story be written.

I mean, there is news there: Auburn investigated what could have been a secondary violation. None was found.

Auburn probably investigates 200+ secondary violations every year, maybe more. I'd say 10% of those have something to do with football.

I believe this company, the one that sells the bands, leaked this information in an effort to promote itself. If that's the case, they've just scored a big win. It may be hard to believe that some people would be so desperate that they'd throw kids under the bus, but it happens.

I'm sure this rants makes me look like a homer to some people. If I thought something questionable was going on here, I'd tell you. I really would.

I for one am just so happy about the way the facts of this story have worked out. For a second I saw the thread title and worried it meant Holland was so pumped about his performance in the big win that he had spent the week on his couch wearing a lime green headband while eating nothing but potato chips all week long. Not only would his performance go down but that's my routine and he already has better hair than me so it didn't seem fair.

There would've been absolutely no problem if he was operating out of a menswear clothing store.  ;);D

do these chips improve other nonatheletic aspects of mens performances? say like 'enzyte', 'extenze', that is the next thing im waiting to hear this guy claim. or is it in fact a weight loss technique that touts some sales pitch like.."if you loose more than 10lbs in the first week, stop using it immediatley". hell, i think this usce strategy might take the cake. if these bands are what made our defense play better, should we still fire ted roof? ted might buy these things this week. where can i buy them myself? im all in.

do these chips improve other nonatheletic aspects of mens performances? say like 'enzyte', 'extenze', that is the next thing im waiting to hear this guy claim. or is it in fact a weight loss technique that touts some sales pitch like.."if you loose more than 10lbs in the first week, stop using it immediatley". hell, i think this usce strategy might take the cake. if these bands are what made our defense play better, should we still fire ted roof? ted might buy these things this week. where can i buy them myself? im all in.

depends on where you wear them .... (probably should have written this .... )  :o

It's not a matter of whether or not the chips and bands are legal, Mitch Ross is tainted goods right now. Players / Players Families should stay away from him, until he clears his name.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-20/rams-linebacker-vobora-awarded-5-4-million-in-tainted-supplement-lawsuit.html

St. Louis Rams linebacker David Vobora was awarded $5.4 million from Anti-Steroid Program LLC, a nutritional supplement company, in a lawsuit over claims it sold him a contaminated product leading to his suspension from the National Football League.

U.S. District Judge Rodney W. Sippel in St. Louis made the award June 17 against the Fultondale, Alabama-based company, which the athlete sued in May 2010.

Vobora was drafted by the Rams in 2008 from the University of Idaho. He became the first “Mr. Irrelevant,” the nickname given the last pick in the draft, since 1994 to start as a rookie. He was suspended for four games in 2009 after testing positive for the banned methyltestosterone, later found in the bottle of Ultimate Sports Spray he was using, Sippel wrote.

“The court believes the evidence demonstrates that as an NFL player, and due to Mr. Vobora’s position as a ‘Mr. Irrelevant’ (who became a starter in the NFL), he had unique opportunities to earn income from non-NFL sources to promote and market products and events for economic gain,” the judge wrote.

The judgment includes $2 million for general damages, $3.04 million for loss of future income, $170,000 for lost performance bonuses, $90,588 for forfeited game pay and $100,000 for loss of marketing endorsements.

“So many of the athletes are claiming that they haven’t cheated and the supplements have been tainted, R. Daniel Fleck, Vobora’s lawyer, said in a phone interview. “And it’s true.”

Y'all check this stuff out:

Weegle777 - After watching that clip, I remember seeing a guy or someone with his organization in an Alabama shopping mall demonstrating the product to random shoppers walking around the Mall. 

Weird indeed.. :believe:

Weegle777 - After watching that clip, I remember seeing a guy or someone with his organization in an Alabama shopping mall demonstrating the product to random shoppers walking around the Mall. 

That would be the infamous Mitch Ross, Professional Snake Oil Salesman. 

The demonstrations are intriquing though.  These bands cannot make that much difference in strength.  Either everybody would be using them or they would be illegal.

That would be the infamous Mitch Ross, Professional Snake Oil Salesman.   

The demonstrations are intriquing though.  These bands cannot make that much difference in strength.   Either everybody would be using them or they would be illegal.

I can't believe there's much to the product, but I haven't used them.  Anything that appears to be too good to be true, usually is.

A4E, that is actually Christopher Key in that video.

I know, but the post I responded to asked about a guy in an Alabama mall doing a demonstration.  That had to be Ross.

I know, but the post I responded to asked about a guy in an Alabama mall doing a demonstration.  That had to be Ross.

Oh ok sorry bud.  :-[

It could have been Key, he is a bama grad.

Archived