Cyrus Kouandjio to undergo season-ending surgery

AgentOrange

I agree.  I hate to hear about kids getting injured on any team.  Bama's O-line is deep but they already seem pretty banged up which should help the LSU d-line...as if they needed any extra help.  AJ may prefer the spanking Saban will give him on the sideline over the beating the LSU D will give him.

he was in a backup roll doing some mop up duty

Both he and his brother had to have knee surgery this year so far...

Was he playing at al lthis year? I thought he was being redshirted.

He was actually playing behind Barrett Jones but has been getting significant playing time with nagging injuries to Jones.  Their O-line seems to be a little banged up....just in time for that LSU D-Line.  :thumbsup:

Considering what transpired up there with his family and the Updykes, it doesn't bother me at all.  Hope hs playing days are done.

Really??  I do wish he would have came to Auburn but I never hope a players career is over due to an injury.  That is a little much if  you ask me!

Considering what transpired up there with his family and the Updykes, it doesn't bother me at all.  Hope hs playing days are done.

Nice.  :-\

Had other thoughts about that but "nice" does say it with more class.

absolutely uncalled for.  I'm sorry you got your feelings hurt, but that comment was classless and shameful.

Agreed, terrible news for BOTH of the players.  Who cares what happened in the past, their future is palying football and it stinks that an injury will delay that.  Hope for a speedy recovery (especially so they can be around for future Iron Bowls)

regardless of your feelings about the Updyke U injured players, you have to be impressed by the depth of that O-line.  They have a bunch injured O-linemen but they can still put a quality line up on the field.  We have some quality young linemen too but we probably need 2 more recruiting cycles to get to a depth chart with that much quality and maturity.

Just curious to know.  Does the school handle the surgery, as in pay for it, or is it on the parents medical insurance?

Dude! He is an 18 y/o kid!  :-\

Yes he is. He's barely out of high school. Some people forget that. :(

I went to T-town in July to help with some tornado relief. I actually bumped into Cyrus at a gas station late one night. I thought he looked familiar and went inside to see if I really recognized him. He was standing at the counter next to my wife and I said, "Sure would have been great to have you playing at Auburn this year." He turned and looked at me really sheepishly, almost embarrassed. My wife looked up and noticed him and said, "Yeah! You're HUGE!" I explained to her who he was and he just kind of stood there looking down. I finished by telling him good luck and I hoped he had a great career at Alabama. I really felt bad for him. Looks like there's still a lot of embarrassment over how that all went down. He thanked me and said good luck to us too. Seemed like a really nice guy. Sorry to hear about this surgery. I'll bet he'll be back on the field in enough time to really give people some trouble. The guy was truly one of the largest people I've ever seen.

Classy

zugxah.jpg

please tell me your not serious

Been in VA too long? 

What a sad and pathetic thing to say.  Shame on you!

Just curious to know.  Does the school handle the surgery, as in pay for it, or is it on the parents medical insurance?

Im willing to bet that there is some kind've athletic insurance that comes with the scholarship.

Archived