everybody needs to calm down!

AuburnBasketball

that was just one game early in the season. that was the first competition that we have had all year and it was on the road. we are much better than we played last night so stop acting like we are worse than last year. :beatmullet::banghead:

That was the 1st time Ward has been defended in 2 years and the 1st time Sullivan has been defended in 1 1/2 years. They were rusty and it showed. Anybody who doesn't think that should matter go look at Michael Jordan's 1st year back after sitting out a year to play baseball. We will be fine and will improve each game as the rust comes off of those 2. Getting Johnson back for our next game(hopefully he is healed) and Langford(heard USF will be his 1st game back as well) will just add more pieces to the puzzle.

I haven't watched a ton of BB the past few years, but I've seen a few games a year and I have to say that  I did see improvement from last year. The defense was inconsistent, but I think they showed flashes of greatness. The offense tended to be good in transition but were terrible in the half court. I don't know what the answer is but we have to find some way to get to the basket more consistently when the game slows down. it was an ugly loss in the end, but I'm still really looking forward to watching these guys play :) I'm committing myself to watching as much AU BB as i can get my hands on!

that was just one game early in the season. that was the first competition that we have had all year and it was on the road. we are much better than we played last night so stop acting like we are worse than last year. :beatmullet::banghead:

I don't see the improvement. Free throw shooting, half court offense, 3 point shooting, zone defense, fast break offense and rebounding did not look good and those are the same problems we have had for 4 yrs.

Its a learning curve for the BB Auburn has been bad for a long time. If nothing else our recruits are much better and if you can not tell the difference in coaching styles. I guess next thing we will hear is bring back Lebo

I can tell the difference in the two coaches, but the product on the court isn't a whole lot better. I still have faith he can turn it around but it hasn't happened. Basketball only takes one player and we don't have him yet.

Barbee can recruit and in basketball that's 75% of the battle. 

The only critism I have is a don't like the dribble drive offense but that's just a personal preference.  I love coach Barbee

The two things that drive me crazy are the missed free throws and the lack of ability on fast breaks. I have seen so many 2/3 on 1s when the ball handler will just try to do it all on his own instead of making the easy pass.

Ward and our other guards just played bad.  That's it.  It isn't about having the players or coaching philosophy, etc... They played poorly.  Turned the ball over, were timid and hesitant in the half court, settled for bad shots, and played defense without enough intensity.  It happens (UNC vs UNLV anyone?), but it can't be tolerated, and CB told them so afterward.  Hopefully, we learn from this and pull it together.

This team is so far ahead of last year at this point is is crazy. Just like everyone thought the football team would win 10 or 11 before the season, too many got caught up in the 4-0 start against mediocre competition, but this team fought to the end in a lopsided loss, the talent is much better and will only improve in the coming years and 16-18 wins and an nit bid is about where we should be. It takes time and Barbee will have Auburn winning championships within a few years, but it takes time

I can't believe people are down on this team.  It was a road game where Auburn couldn't buy a three point bucket or a rebound.  I expect this team by seasons end to be good enough to compete with most every team in the SEC...next year I say watch out SEC!

Watching this game, even though we got beat by 20, I couldnt help but think how much better we looked.  Chubb has greatly improved, playing much more physical.  I was disappointed in the PG play though.  Ward just looked sloppy, I mean getting the ball stolen from you at half court by a post player COME ON MAN.

i did not watch as much of this game as i intended ... but i was shocked by the ease at which the early game turnovers happened.  i dont think they were expecting seton hall to really be that much better than the first 4 games.  they gave up the ball way to easy ... shell-shocked, i guess.  and it wasnt because of the crowd.  we have had more folks at our games then seton hall did. 

i was pleasantly surprised by chubb.  about 10 minutes into the game he finally started to play.  made a few really nice, strong moves to the bucket.  (but, i wish big men would stop trying to dribble ... just go up strong)  from the final points he scored, he must not have had a very good second half.

i totally understand having an off night on the offensive end, but there is no reason to be so wimpy on the defensive end and rebounding.  we have the size to rebound and were schooled.  the inbounds play to pope for the dunk should be shown over and over and over and over by barbee ... that was embarassing.  how do you not block out a guy that you know is going to do that very thing?  FWIW, i think seton hall will be a surprise team in their conference.

edit:  i do think they are much improved and think this loss could very well be the best thing that happens to this team.

Team is much better this year it starts with Chubb he is bigger and stronger. He is getting good position but when he flashes open we are not getting him the ball as much as we should. I am not saying he would be a scoring machine but it would allow us to get more open shots bu going outside in and then either a good shot or pass back out foe a better more open look.

It will take time for players to trust him enough to concistently use him as an option to score or set up others. We have more height and athleticism and some very solid players Ward and Sullivan who will be real good as they play more and clean off the rust.

Biggest difference is number of good players we will have by January so we can keep our team fresh while playing hard nosed defense that will lead to more easy baskets. Defense takes energy and being 8 or more deep allows players to play hard all the time when on the court.

Archived