How about a little perspective on the QB situation

HSVWarEagle

Kiehl Frazier vs. the other QBs

Does any one else feel like we've been down this path before in VERY RECENT memory?  Remember when Kodi Burns was going to save the day and Chris Todd shouldn't have been allowed to be on the field, let alone suit up?  Well the coaches rushed that decision and, I think, really hurt Kodi's confidence and chance of success by putting him on the field before he was ready.  Kiehl is just a freshman guys.  The QB position is probably the hardest position to master on the field.  Give him a chance to mature and grow while not crushing his confidence. 

Does anyone remember what was the GLARING shortcoming of the 07/08 teams???? The O-line.  Yes the best O-line in the country last year stunk to a high heaven their 1st year and a half together.  No disrespect to the current lineman, but there is a lot of growing up to do there before any offensive scheme will be successful no matter who is back there pulling the trigger. 

War Eagle to all the AU QB's!

Thank you ....that is all

Nice.  I agree that given time to mature, and catch up to the speed of SEC football, KF is going to be a special talent.  This is not to say he will even start bowl game, spring game, or season opener next year.  Once these guys have an entire off-season to grow more I believe you will see a huge improvement.

War Clint

War KF

War Damn Eagle!!!

I have read many commits regarding the need for KF to start the bowl game, the major issue that I saw every time that he threw the ball was the lack of touch. The 5 games that CM started, were the tuffest games of the season and received very little support from the line or receivers and the sideline. I hope by the time we play the bowl game all the internal issues have been resolved so the players can focus on the game instead of crap going on in the locker room. Nothing against KF, his is not ready to start and play the whole game as QB. To win this game, will take the OC to come with a different game plan than was used during the season.

I have read many commits regarding the need for KF to start the bowl game, the major issue that I saw every time that he threw the ball was the lack of touch. The 5 games that CM started, were the tuffest games of the season and received very little support from the line or receivers and the sideline. I hope by the time we play the bowl game all the internal issues have been resolved so the players can focus on the game instead of crap going on in the locker room. Nothing against KF, his is not ready to start and play the whole game as QB. To win this game, will take the OC to come with a different game plan than was used during the season.

I completely disagree about the lack of touch. I actually think KF throws a great ball. I think it is almost impossible to throw one time a game and have any rhythm - I still say if we let him throw 10-15 times a game, we'd see the KF we have been waiting for. CM looks good at times but darn if he doesn't over throw the WR's a lot. And that is so dangerous, especially against those last few defenses we had to face.

I have said it many times - I really appreciate what CM and BT did for us this year - they had an almost un-winnable situation and they did their best. But KF is the future. Why not start now? Even if he doesn't start, let's let him air it out a bit and get 7-10 passes and see if he doesn't begin to feel really comfortable back there.

Either way, I support the coaches and am looking forward to a win against UVA

:we:

If we see KF play a lot in the bowl game, then he has progressed enough for CGM to be comfortable putting him out there.  If CM is playing most of the snaps we will also know why.  Either way, we need to WIN this game to keep MO going into NSD!

Does any one else feel like we've been down this path before in VERY RECENT memory?  Remember when Kodi Burns was going to save the day and Chris Todd shouldn't have been allowed to be on the field, let alone suit up?  Well the coaches rushed that decision and, I think, really hurt Kodi's confidence and chance of success by putting him on the field before he was ready.  Kiehl is just a freshman guys.  The QB position is probably the hardest position to master on the field.  Give him a chance to mature and grow while not crushing his confidence. 

Does anyone remember what was the GLARING shortcoming of the 07/08 teams???? The O-line.  Yes the best O-line in the country last year stunk to a high heaven their 1st year and a half together.  No disrespect to the current lineman, but there is a lot of growing up to do there before any offensive scheme will be successful no matter who is back there pulling the trigger. 

Very good points. Look back at the posts and all the negative stuff said about Chris Todd and the coaches when it was announced he was going to start.

Also Remember when Kodi was a Freshman and the crowd was yelling Kodi- Kodi- while our other QB was in the game.  Remember, that staff burned a red shirt year and played Burns.

You can go back years and years, Kodi WAS the future, Tyric Rollinson WAS the future, Star Jackson WAS the future. Regardless of the school, the backup QB is always better than the starter, but the only ones who can see that are the fans.

Very good points. Look back at the posts and all the negative stuff said about Chris Todd and the coaches when it was announced he was going to start.

Also Remember when Kodi was a Freshman and the crowd was yelling Kodi- Kodi- while our other QB was in the game.  Remember, that staff burned a red shirt year and played Burns.

You can go back years and years, Kodi WAS the future, Tyric Rollinson WAS the future, Star Jackson WAS the future. Regardless of the school, the backup QB is always better than the starter, but the only ones who can see that are the fans.

I was at those games and was not one of the ones yelling for him. Just thought I'd share.. :P

What "crap in the locker room"?

^^^What he said!^^^

I highly doubt the lockerroom is divided. I would lean more toward National Championship hangover. It happens to almost every team that wins it all the year before. After you have reached the pinnacle of your craft, and won the highest award, I can imagine it would be tough to regroup and repeat that same success.

Hey I know a good game plan, that we didn't see to much of in the latter part of the season.... It's called feed the rock to DYER!!!

Hey I know a good game plan, that we didn't see to much of in the latter part of the season.... It's called feed the rock to DYER!!!

The fact that Dyer cracked 1000 yards this season just demonstrates what a great back he is.  The OL did very little to help out our RBs or QBs.

I'm tired of people comparing Frazier to Kodi. I loved Kodi, but he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn! Frazier just has to learn to read the defenses. His passes were good throws, just the wrong read.

I'm tired of people comparing Frazier to Kodi. I loved Kodi, but he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn! Frazier just has to learn to read the defenses. His passes were good throws, just the wrong read.

I agree. It's premature to make a comparison like that.  I'm not sure if Frazier starts in the bowl game but IMO he will be the starter after spring practice.

I would stick with CM..The games he started was Murders Row. Those games at least got him some game experience against good to great defenses..

Ok allow me to be the bad guy.  I am not going to equate Chris Todd to Clint Moseley.  Moseley has been in this system for 2 years now with Gus and why cannot the ball not go farther than 15 yards down the field!  I would really like to know what Barrett Trotter said or did that earned him the bench for the rest of the year.  You cant tell me that he would not have provided a little spark vs UGA and UAT!  I like Fraiser and I really hope he gets 100% of the practice snaps and plays 100% of the game.  Scrap the wildcat, wild eagle, wild tiger, wild child, they arent trick plays anymore they are tendencies.  Dont put Fraiser into a situation that he cannot succeed.  Let the kid play win or lose.  I would rather look at the future than reliving anymore of the 2011 season.

War Eagle Class of 1991!

Ok allow me to be the bad guy.  I am not going to equate Chris Todd to Clint Moseley.  Moseley has been in this system for 2 years now with Gus and why cannot the ball not go farther than 15 yards down the field!   I would really like to know what Barrett Trotter said or did that earned him the bench for the rest of the year.  You cant tell me that he would not have provided a little spark vs UGA and UAT!   I like Fraiser and I really hope he gets 100% of the practice snaps and plays 100% of the game.  Scrap the wildcat, wild eagle, wild tiger, wild child, they arent trick plays anymore they are tendencies.  Dont put Fraiser into a situation that he cannot succeed.   Let the kid play win or lose.  I would rather look at the future than reliving anymore of the 2011 season.

War Eagle Class of 1991!

I agree, if KF can't handle it, ZP's coming, if he can't someone will..

Ok allow me to be the bad guy.  I am not going to equate Chris Todd to Clint Moseley.  Moseley has been in this system for 2 years now with Gus and why cannot the ball not go farther than 15 yards down the field!   I would really like to know what Barrett Trotter said or did that earned him the bench for the rest of the year.  You cant tell me that he would not have provided a little spark vs UGA and UAT!   I like Fraiser and I really hope he gets 100% of the practice snaps and plays 100% of the game.  Scrap the wildcat, wild eagle, wild tiger, wild child, they arent trick plays anymore they are tendencies.  Dont put Fraiser into a situation that he cannot succeed.   Let the kid play win or lose.  I would rather look at the future than reliving anymore of the 2011 season.

War Eagle Class of 1991!

A WR takes about 2.5 seconds to get 20 yards down field and about 4.5 to go 40, so tell me when our OL blocked long enough for the WR to go more than 15 yards.

War Eagle Class of 1991!

A WR takes about 2.5 seconds to get 20 yards down field and about 4.5 to go 40, so tell me when our OL blocked long enough for the WR to go more than 15 yards.

Couldn't have put it any better myself. The sad thing is that while I expect the talent in OL to be better next year they will be very young and in my opinion it takes about 1- 1 1/2 years for an O-line to mature when that many are young.

I hope I am wrong and the mature in first half of next year.

I will agree but I watch our WR and they are not open.  Granted some of them have struggled when they were open.  I will say this and then I am not arguing but the one thing that I have loved about Gus Malzahn in the past is he has always adapted his offense to what personnel he had to work with.  This past season, I dont think he played to our strength which was obvious running the ball.  Maybe Lutz should be a true H-Back and put a TE who can block to help give the QB time to throw.

War Eagle guys ready for 2012!

Archived