Soros Criticizes Moore?

DKW 86

Link

This is too good. I truly cant believe that. :no:

Soros Criticizes Michael Moore for Unethical Tactics

(CNSNews.com) - Billionaire George Soros blasted filmmaker Michael Moore for using unethical and misleading tactics in his film "Fahrenheit 9/11." Soros was questioned by members of the Soros Truth Squad, which is sponsored by the National Legal and Policy Center, following a speaking engagement in Harrisburg, Pa., on Tuesday. In response to a reporter's question, Soros criticized Moore, saying Moore tried "to mislead the American people" by resorting to inaccuracies. "I am not a fan of Michael Moore," Soros added.

Link

This is too good. I truly cant believe that. :no:

Soros Criticizes Michael Moore for Unethical Tactics

(CNSNews.com) - Billionaire George Soros blasted filmmaker Michael Moore for using unethical and misleading tactics in his film "Fahrenheit 9/11." Soros was questioned by members of the Soros Truth Squad, which is sponsored by the National Legal and Policy Center, following a speaking engagement in Harrisburg, Pa., on Tuesday. In response to a reporter's question, Soros criticized Moore, saying Moore tried "to mislead the American people" by resorting to inaccuracies. "I am not a fan of Michael Moore," Soros added.

113625[/snapback]

You're surprised b/c the Right has demonized Soros without trying to understand him. He's probably done more for promoting democracy in the world than most any other private citizen. The Right oversimplifies the percieved enemy and assumes they share a collective brain. Soros was a fan of Reagan, just not Bush.

He is also a fan of legalized drugs and his brand of democracy looks bad in these eyes.

You should not try to pigeon hole everyone you argue with. You do not know me, nor I you.

He is also a fan of legalized drugs and his brand of democracy looks bad in these eyes.

You should not try to pigeon hole everyone you argue with. You do not know me, nor I you.

113632[/snapback]

I didn't pigeon hole you. But you were surprised. In fact, you said you couldn't believe it. Why was that?

I meant I didnt know if it was the truth or a political trick. It is October you now. ;)

113640[/snapback]

Soros is a serious guy whom I suspect finds Moore a little frivolous, and a self-promoter.

Soros is a serious guy whom I suspect finds Moore a little frivolous, and a self-promoter.

Plus Michael Moore is really fat, unfunny and dresses like a bum.

As for Soros, I have no problem w/ him wanting to legalize drugs. Far too much $ and too many lives have been lost ( on both sides ) because illegal drugs cost way too much $. Were the bulk of them decriminalized, or evne taxed, that $ could be used to help those w/ the worst addictions, casual users wouldn't fill up the prisons, and law enforcement could free up its resources to fight REAL crimes.

But we know we'll never see that happen. Oh well.

I think what Soros is upset at Moore about is that Soros understands that Moore's latest film is SO biased that all but the most blindly liberal Americans realize it is nothing but a political hack job and actually served to HURT the liberal cause. Soros is anti-Bush and he may be a liberal, but he didn't get where he is by being stupid and resents someone using such stupidity to represent the anti-Bush cause he leads.

Archived