Noel Ellis

TigerFan2014

Just FYI we are in his top two right now! Here is his profile below.  :wedance:

http://247sports.com/Player/Noel-Ellis-14170

his teammate and best friend is, 4* and top 5 TE, Standish Dobard. Dobard has AU in his top 2 with UGA.

I think we can get both if we want, but AU may not want to scare off OJ Howard yet if we get another TE this early.

• 3 weeks later...

his teammate and best friend is, 4* and top 5 TE, Standish Dobard. Dobard has AU in his top 2 with UGA.

I think we can get both if we want, but AU may not want to scare off OJ Howard yet if we get another TE this early.

Does Dobard commiting to Miami affect our recruitment of Ellis? Is he leaning Miami now? Or are they not necessarily a package deal?

Does Dobard commiting to Miami affect our recruitment of Ellis? Is he leaning Miami now? Or are they not necessarily a package deal?

JMO here, but with our need not really being corner right now I don't see us taking Ellis.

I am not sure right now, but it certainly doesn't help. Did he visit Miami with Standish this week?

It amazes me that these kids would even consider miami with all the hot water they are sure to be in.........this is one team that, for the time being, makes uat look like a bunch of saints

Parties at fancy night clubs, women available on demand, good local drug contacts if you need them,  bonuses for special plays, etc. etc.

What 17 year old would not be impressed by those opportunities....getting ready for the NFL?

:laugh:

Parties at fancy night clubs, women available on demand, good local drug contacts if you need them,  bonuses for special plays, etc. etc.

What 17 year old would not be impressed by those opportunities....getting ready for the NFL?

:laugh:

I know you are kidding- but a lot of these kids grow up dreaming of playing for UM..they have a winning tradition and have put several players in the league....

It amazes me that these kids would even consider miami with all the hot water they are sure to be in.........this is one team that, for the time being, makes uat look like a bunch of saints

Personally, I don't believe that any team in the SEC ever came close to the blatant benefits dished out at UM. Not saying it was all UM's fault because I'm sure they were not aware of all of it but it was definitely a culture that prob began b4 the 90's.

98....as noted I was mostly kidding ...but as far as UM is concerned, their high water mark was some years ago and about four coaches ago too.  Perhaps it's only a coincidence that the years when UM had so many NFL quality players mostly happens to coincide with the years that Nevin Shapiro had the run of the athletic department. 

Meanwhile, the NCAA is apparently still trying to decide what to do with UM and I'm amazed they have not at least given warning about scholly reductions. 

Golden is a heck of a salesman if he can overcome this kind of press:

http://news.yahoo.com/university-miami-must-receive-college-football-death-penalty-061939109.html

Couldn't have been too much illegal going on @ UM, Napoleon hired two of their coaches and no action after story broke-

The compliance department spent an exhausting 4 hours looking into these coaches and found no wrong doing. They then grabbed the leash for their dog, picked up their cain, and follwed the dog back to satans pocket.

• 1 month later...

After taking Sills (and assuming we take a safety, ala Matthews or Bell) would we still take Noel Ellis?

Likely not.  Barring the unforeseen, we are done at CB.

• 2 weeks later...

Just committed to Texas A&M. I thought he was suppossed to go to Tenn but I guess they were to busy stealing Lawson and Adams  :laugh:

Archived